Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what's the most fractious forum on boards?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Links234 wrote: »
    The maths forum
    the_syco wrote: »
    How so? Your statement doesn't add up.
    There's a huge divide between posters in there.

+1:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Feedback, DRP and Prison, in no particular order.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,166 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Aardvark

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MaggotBrain

eircom forum. Fracture the size of the Grand Canyon there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Accommodation and property?

Every thread seems to be a pitched battle between landlords and tenants

Apparently, you need to apply to join the soccer forum. Seemingly due to serious conflicts and trolling in the past.

The Sex & Sexuality forum, also (understandably) 'application only' is apparently not as interesting as might be expected. Or so I heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Ranting and Raving because you can never counter rant the rant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 113 ✭✭BrokenHero

Radio.

Feedback forum

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Motors... don't mention undertaking or driving in the middle lane.
    A.H... or any other forum that mentions Islam, Fornurs, Asylum seekers, Travellers or Religion.
    A.H... Garth Brooks and Croke Park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

liverpool match threads when they are playing badly, full of utd fans piling on.

utd match threads when they are playing badly, full of liverpool fans giving it millions

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

I am pie wrote: »
    liverpool match threads when they are playing badly, full of utd fans piling on.

utd match threads when they are playing badly, full of liverpool fans giving it millions

Soccer forum so?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Works & Jobs / Work Problems which bizarly seems to be populated by disgruntled employers / managers on the watch out for ungrateful and uppity employees who just might be seeking advice or information! Can turn into a right bashing session at times. Regular helpful direction includes 'just suck it up' and 'it's obviously your own fault' ... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

Construction and Planning. A running battle between users asking questions about construction and mods and regulars answering every single question with, 'Ask your Architect/Engineer'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 laurinjames

fedor.2. wrote: »
    The atheists and the followers of dying religions can go at each other pretty hard too

so which one are you ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Weddings and Marriage without question.

If you're ever bored just start a thread saying that you'll be asking guests for gifts of money at your Wedding and ask what people think of this idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Irish Economy and politics can be bad at times, Rugby Union also with provincial type sniping, and has already been mentioned, A and A feedback is a riproarer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Bit of topic

Imo the most un fractious forum here has to be the EMERCENCY forum, they all sing of the same HYME sheet there, and all in tune, enter with a different opinion at your peril, ( especially Garda threads)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Weddings and Marriage without question.

If you're ever bored just start a thread saying that you'll be asking guests for gifts of money at your Wedding and ask what people think of this idea.

Start a thread and ask what sort of items should be put on your wedding present list for your wedding. If the suggestions are too expensive like a exotic holiday or too cheap like a toaster tell the poster that you wouldn't invite them to your wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Phoenix wrote: »
    Would have said the ladies lounge and the gentlemen's club from time to time

In the TLL everyone is on a hair trigger to get their knickers in a twist. Makes the GC look like After Hours. Difference being a woman can actually post a comment and question away all she wants without getting asked to leave, thread closed or banned compared to a man in TLL, who is generally shot on sight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

gugleguy wrote: »
    Start a thread and ask what sort of items should be put on your wedding present list for your wedding. If the suggestions are too expensive like a exotic holiday or too cheap like a toaster tell the poster that you wouldn't invite them to your wedding.

Use the phrase 'sounds a little bit tacky' in reply to any wedding suggestion if you're feeling particularly brave.

• Advertisement

Pro Wrestling forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Bus enthusiasts forum, mostly stories about hiding in hedges and rubbing one out to the 46a.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

The Talk To forums. People having a right go at a company they had a bad experience with.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Mustard forum.

Some threads in there would bring tears to your eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Has to be the soccer forum.

You would say that though, a true blue supporter like yourself. Typical! Our lot never would stoop so low like your lot would. The guys we watch and shout at weekly are better than the guys you do the same to and this makes us mortal enemies despite neither of us being able to kick a ball properly to save our lives. etc.. etc.. etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭DeadHand

I'd never attempt to contribute to the ladies lounge but it is a good read. The threads mostly follow the same pattern:

1) Female poster starts thread on problem (often genuine, often trivial nonsense) she has.

2) Sympathy and hugs.

3) Male posters wade into thread to tell her she doesn't have a problem, explain why she's wrong and isn't really feeling the way she's feeling.

4) Anarchy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Accommodation and property?

Every thread seems to be a pitched battle between landlords and tenants

It's cruelly enjoyable watching the would-be home owners spitting blood because of the dastardly cabal that is keeping Dublin 6 prices above 5000 euro a gaff though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Soccer forum, even most of the mods pick a side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Cycling forum at times.

Cyclist: BASTARD BUS DRIVER/TAXI MAN TRIED TO KILL ME BY DRIVING HIS CAR TOWARD ME. CAN I GET HIM SACKED/JAILED.

1% of forum: Did you kick his wing mirror/break a red light/Cut out in front of him/hurl a tin of beans at him from your shopping bag?

etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I am pie wrote: »

It's not just in their own threads. It spills out into the whole forum.

The whole, tiresome Liverpool/Utd thing keeps me from posting there more often if I'm honest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement