Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Gaming, General & Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Glebee wrote: »
    How does that cemu emulator preform and is it easy to set up? Looks like were going to have a lot of time on our hands.. never played a zelda game before..

Handy setup video for the latest version.
    This guy puts out a setup and optimisation guide for each release.

If you have time you should go back and play some of the earlier Zeldas too.
    Link to the past especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Astartes Part 5 is out:

If you're not familiar, it's a series of animated shorts in the Warhammer 40k universe made by one guy unaffiliated with Games Workshop.

The production quality is absolutely mindblowing. Incredible cinematography, possible the best sound design I've ever encountered in any form of media of any sort.

Watch the whole thing from start to finish. There's a playlist on his youtube channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Gbear wrote: »
    Astartes Part 5 is out:

If you're not familiar, it's a series of animated shorts in the Warhammer 40k universe made by one guy unaffiliated with Games Workshop.

The production quality is absolutely mindblowing. Incredible cinematography, possible the best sound design I've ever encountered in any form of media of any sort.

Watch the whole thing from start to finish. There's a playlist on his youtube channel.

Awesome.
    Thought these got removed because of GW putting in a copyright claim.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Remouad wrote: »
    Awesome.

No, GW never did that to the Astartes series. The guy behind this did have an issue with some scumbags managing to hijack his channel and trying to ransom it back to him about six months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Remouad wrote: »
    Awesome.

The channel went down because someone knicked it, but it was sorted out with Youtube, the creator got the channel back, and everything is well with the world.

There's a history of independent 40k content on Youtube, with Death of Hope, and Richard Boylan's Helsreach series, and GW seem to be ok with it.

They'd be mad to take issue with it. It's free advertising.

They've even given Boylan a job. He's making some content either for his own Space Marines series, or an anthology, or both.

Some gigantic IPs probably have more cause to clamp down on this kind of stuff, but at the moment, all it's doing is whetting the apetite for GW to get into the TV medium.

There's an Eisenhorn live action show coming as well. I haven't read the books, but apparently they're quite good. It's being made by the guy who did Phillip K Dick's The Man in the High Castle, which I haven't seen yet but is apparently quite good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,898 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Who wants a free The Outer Worlds key. Can only be used on the Epic launcher

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Headshot wrote: »
    Who wants a free The Outer Worlds key. Can only be used on the Epic launcher

Please if it's going

• Registered Users Posts: 12,497 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Still have to think for a second every time I see Outer Worlds/Wilds which is which.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,898 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Please if it's going

PM sent

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Glebee

Varik wrote: »
    Still have to think for a second every time I see Outer Worlds/Wilds which is which.

Same here, Is Outer Wilds on PC yet, tried it on Xbox game pass on Xbox but gave up after a few minutes because I had to use a controller:D:D

• Advertisement

Same here, Is Outer Wilds on PC yet, tried it on Xbox game pass on Xbox but gave up after a few minutes because I had to use a controller:D:D

Both of them are on pc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Already on Epic and XBox game pass, on Steam in June.

Spear wrote: »
    Already on Epic and XBox game pass, on Steam in June.

Dont see it on game pass, not buying it on steam or epic because as soon as I do it will come to PC game pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,832 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Dont see it on game pass, not buying it on steam or epic because as soon as I do it will come to PC game pass.

It's already on PC Game Pass. I downloaded it ages ago.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    It's already on PC Game Pass. I downloaded it ages ago.

Console only I think at the moment, although I was sure I saw to previous on Game Pass PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Console only I think

I have it installed on my PC from at least 2 months ago...

"You can play The Outer Worlds with Xbox Game Pass for PC or buy it to own."

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/the-outer-worlds/9mwd2z8l1fbq?source=lp&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I have it installed on my PC from at least 2 months ago...

Not showing up for me at all. I could of sworn though I saw it there a good while ago.

lol, im talking about The Outer Wilds:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

lol, im talking about The Outer Wilds:D:D:D

My bad. Need to do a coffee run :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,132 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Worlds is on both, Wilds is just console: https://www.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-game-pass/games

508637.png

Terrible brand confusion between those games :D

• Advertisement

I've played both on PC. Not sure which avenues I used at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,497 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I've played both on PC. Not sure which avenues I used at the time.

Only Epic so far, steam in June and maybe Xbox pass then as well but who knows.

I could of swore I saw Wilds on PC Game Pass a good while ago. Had no interest in it until I played on Xbox version of Game Pass, but when I went lookin on PC Game Pass, no sign..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I could of swore I saw Wilds on PC Game Pass a good while ago. Had no interest in it until I played on Xbox version of Game Pass, but when I went lookin on PC Game Pass, no sign..

Sometimes they throw games that will be coming into slots on the game pass screen. Haven seen Gears Tactics and Ori WotW pop up multiple times even as far back as January.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Anyone finding the Steam client hanging on them lately?
    Was just going through my library, clicking on some games and it would cause the PC to hang. Could move my cursor but couldn't switch windows or do anything else then it would start working again after a wee while.
    I'd say it'd probably due to trying to load all that Steam Community crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Sounds like it might be your system since I've gotten nothing like that although I'm using a very different version of the client than you, proabably. Just make sure nothing else is running that could be causing that. Anything from CPU spikes, slowing drives/hardware could cause it.

The steam client has always been a bit sluggish tbh. I use the website when I want to trade or buy thing (tabs help!) along with the augmented steam plugin. The only thing I use the client for is library view and overlay chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Anyone finding the Steam client hanging on them lately?
    Was just going through my library, clicking on some games and it would cause the PC to hang. Could move my cursor but couldn't switch windows or do anything else then it would start working again after a wee while.
    I'd say it'd probably due to trying to load all that Steam Community crap.

Now that you mention it I've noticed the last few days that every time I start it it throws up some crap Community window that I definitely turned off in the options before. Seems to have lost some settings

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

This is just browsing my library. If it's just my pc, I don't see why since everything else works grand.

I do get that notification when I start a game about how to access the community while playing

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,363 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

CastorTroy wrote: »
    This is just browsing my library. If it's just my pc, I don't see why since everything else works grand.

I do get that notification when I start a game about how to access the community while playing

Store hasn't worked properly for me for a good while now. Images and trailers do not play. Aside from that, all is well.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

Store hasn't worked properly for me for a good while now. Images and trailers do not play. Aside from that, all is well.

Curious, have you done a packet capture or viewed the HTTP responses to see what's happening? The images and videos would normally load from a third party CDN, so it looks like that step is failing.

Advertisement