Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Gaming, General & Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,527 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I dunno. I have it on Steam and it worked straight away for me with no issues.

Vice City on the other hand...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,863 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I stopped on the RC Helicopter mission. Eurgh.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Cheers lads I downgraded to version 1.0 and installed a few mods like silent patch and GinputSA. So now my controller works as if I was playing it on Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Steam input is pretty good. You can bind literally any keyboard stroke or mouse gesture to any part of the gamepad, with activators and modifiers. Very handy. Perhaps there's a user-made custom layout you can find for VC.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,893 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Any advice on a good ssd to pick up on the amazon sale? Not m2.
    Looking to go about 500gb or more

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Any advice on a good ssd to pick up on the amazon sale? Not m2.
    Looking to go about 500gb or more

Bought the 1GB version this time last year and its great, fraction of a second slower than my M.2 loading maps etc.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crucial-MX500-CT500MX500SSD1-NAND-Internal/dp/B0784SLQM6/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=crucial&qid=1575315226&sr=8-5

Was thinking of that myself as my current one is the 250GB Crucial from 2014.

Don't really need one, but would like to get a larger capacity one and move my current to secondary drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

The Samsung evo 860 1TB was on offer literally a couple of days ago, over now though.
    This 1TB Sandisk is on offer but you should check a review or recommendation regarding the read/write speeds, i'm not an expert:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Ultra-560MB-530MB-Write/dp/B071KGRXRG?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_D_7a39db9e_67&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

"70 quid off" but ends in about 2 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Anyone recommend a decent Medieval-esque city builder? Something along the lines of Banished, but with some form of combat/defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

jaxxx wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a decent Medieval-esque city builder? Something along the lines of Banished, but with some form of combat/defence.
    Not played it, but Kingdoms and Castles maybe? Might be a bit simplistic on first look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Might not be popular opinion, but I obsoletely loved Settlers 7. You could get it very cheap as it is old game now. Combat is kind of basic, but whole game has great character and very good campaign.
    Age of empires 2 if you fancy a classic. New remastered supposed to be great.

They are billions is very good, but very hard. Not really medieval, but Steam punky.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not medieval but the recent Anno game is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Probably gonna buy RDR2 on Steam tomorrow, is there going to be a chance to download it overnight before it becomes available to play. Looks like about 150gigs, so I reckon it will take a minute....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Varik

errlloyd wrote: »
    Probably gonna buy RDR2 on Steam tomorrow, is there going to be a chance to download it overnight before it becomes available to play. Looks like about 150gigs, so I reckon it will take a minute....

There's no pre-loading/downloading without purchase and you can't even pre-order it right now.

Best you can hope for is that the game is available to buy at midnight tonight, and it lets you download before it's playable at like 4pm tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

121gb installed, put it on an SSD.

Since I recently signed up to Amazon Prime, I figured I may as well connect to Twitch Prime for the free stuff.
    When I try to connect it won't let me. Just keeps trying to take ~£1 from my Revolut then erroring. This was after it told me I wasn't in a Prime country so I changed the country in the dropdown.
    Any suggestions?

Lads, I am trying to figure out a headset solution for my new laptop. Pretty much my first gaming laptop as I always built my own PC's.
    So I want something cheap and cheerful and mic is not really needed. I mostly use this laptop in bed, while misses passed out, so can't even use it. The mic, not misses. :pac:
    Now on my main PC I have Logitech g930. Really underused as I usually just play with speakers on. I might try to use it, but USB sound card is quite bulky and sticks out. I am afraid I will just damage it.
    Love my Astro A20 for Xbox one X and it's my favorite Headset I ever had. It just works, great sound and always has enough juice for my gaming sessions. I guess Astro A10 would be same thing just not wireless? Laptop has only single 3.5mm jack, but I guess it would be dual channel and normal headsets would work on it?
    Any idea of just taking some Bluetooth headphones? As I said, I don't really need mic. Would that work in real world?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,858 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I can't see any problems with using anything with an audio jack.

Just get a decent set of headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,347 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

budget - Hyperx Stinger

Medium -Hyperx Cloud 2/Alpha or Steelseries Arctis 5

prices have gone back up for these since BF so maybe hold off until January sales

• Advertisement

Well, I actually found my very old Creative Fatality headset! Really dusty, but misses showed me a trick with sellotape hehe. It's like new.
    And I discovered that I can charge G930 with my Astro A20 dock/charger thing. So won't need whole damn cable and dongle adapter connected to laptop. Just sound card to USB and then charge headset by TV with Astro A20 cable.
    I think I needed to be more clear what I was looking for in first post. I needed something with less cables and faff, as my misses is a "roller" when she sleeps. So her getting cought in cables and ripping something off was an issue.
    I'll try both options later on and see what will work out better.
    If not might wait till sales and pick up one of those two headsets mentioned above. A lot of reviews have good things to say about those.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,347 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

is there a 3.5mm port on the Phillips for the mic?

Skerries wrote: »
    is there a 3.5mm port on the Phillips for the mic?

There is yes. Used that Boom Pro on them before and it works perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Gothic 1 is getting a remake!!

Gothic 1 Official Remake 2 hour Teaser Preview is now available on Steam for all Owners of any of the Gothic, Risen or ELEX games.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/950670/Gothic_Playable_Teaser/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Epic Launcher still busted on my system( 2nd PC it doesnt work on ), hoping the GOG launcher would work around the issue but nah, grrr, Epic software is just thrash, last game ill buy on that crap.

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Epic Launcher still busted on my system( 2nd PC it doesnt work on ), hoping the GOG launcher would work around the issue but nah, grrr, Epic software is just thrash, last game ill buy on that crap.

Works perfectly fine on mine using the GOG Launcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Blade Runner is back and only €8.19 !

https://www.gog.com/game/blade_runner

I assumed the master copy was lost and was only thinking about this 2 days ago... then suddenly, BLAMMO, it appears

Instabuy for the memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Nexus Mods have had a data breach of some kind,be a good idea to change password if anyone has an account.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/nexus-mods-reports-security-breach-small-number-of-user-records-accessed/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

EoinHef wrote: »
    Nexus Mods have had a data breach of some kind,be a good idea to change password if anyone has an account.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/nexus-mods-reports-security-breach-small-number-of-user-records-accessed/

One of the many sites I have some random password for. Can't say I didn't see that coming! Cheers for the headsup!

Advertisement