Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New incentive coming?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

tronman wrote: »
    If I was to buy a 2nd hand leaf, is there anything to consider? Ie. is there much of a difference in range with older models? Also I heard it's cheaper to import them from the uk - anyone have experience of this?

Older leafs tend to have less range as their heating is less efficient and also aging battery loses capacity. Importing from UK is easy, just like any other car but you do not pay VRT - you still have to visit NCTS centere though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

mr.dunkey wrote: »
    Zoe is a great looking car ,great charger but the lease is killing it. Ive asked zoe owners and maybe some can answer it here.
    What happens after 3 year lease,if you refuse to pay, will the lease be cheaper if it continues. No body who has invested in this car can tell me. people are under the impression that a new battery will just be put in.
    If its likes Nissans lease in uk, only a new battery will be put in if battery falls below 3 bars, same as if you owned the battery.
    Also the limited mileage can hurt the zoe as an EV will be more cost effective the more mileage you do you save.
    I like the Zoe buy a lease with no clear future is a worry.

Surely any Renault dealership should have the answers to your questions,or myrenaultzoe.com, Trevor?
    I will need to find out for myself in about 18 months. You can but the Zoe outright now of course, and a new motor is being fitted I am told, smaller , and more range also coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Dexter1979

reboot wrote: »
    You can but the Zoe outright now of course, and a new motor is being fitted I am told, smaller , and more range also coming.
    Improvements are always going to be made.. Leaf 2 will be out in 18 months/24 months as well with lots of improvements. Also Tesla Model 3 so lots of new EVs in the next few years :)

Dexter1979 wrote: »
    Improvements are always going to be made.. Leaf 2 will be out in 18 months/24 months as well with lots of improvements. Also Tesla Model 3 so lots of new EVs in the next few years :)

Interesting point mentioned on the Zoe site, re changing the car after the lease period and keeping an eye on the 5k grant running out.I hadn't considered that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

reboot wrote: »
    Interesting point mentioned on the Zoe site, re changing the car after the lease period and keeping an eye on the 5k grant running out.I hadn't considered that?

Good point, according to the SEAI site the grant is for vehicles registered before the end of 2015. If it is extended, I wonder is it payable on replacing the car? Mulling the idea of going electric and another 5k would definitely make the Leaf unaffordable for me at least (the Zoe is an option but a little smaller than I'd like).

• Advertisement

Benny_Cake wrote: »
    Good point, according to the SEAI site the grant is for vehicles registered before the end of 2015. If it is extended, I wonder is it payable on replacing the car? Mulling the idea of going electric and another 5k would definitely make the Leaf unaffordable for me at least (the Zoe is an option but a little smaller than I'd like).

Believe me I am not pushing the Zoe, although its a great car for the money and the quicker charge rate on AC, the grant situation discussed at myrenault zoe .com

Advertisement