Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards United States Championship Tournament

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

JBL and MVP.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

JBL MVP

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

JBL gets a Rude Awakening while Curt Henning finds out he may be perfect, but he's not the MVP on this occasion.
    The Miz

AWESOME!

47036.jpg

vs

Lance Storm

''If I could be serious for a minute...''

15+Lance+Storm.jpg

Jeff Jarrett

The Chosen One

jarrett009.jpg

vs

Big Van Vader

The Mastadon

3061428195_1_17_L9pdFzgG.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

The Miz and Vader

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ditto. Miz and Vader.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

Lance Storm and Vader

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Storm, people who haven't seen his run should. He was tremendous with the US title.

Jarrett in the other round. The feud with DDP alone is reason enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Lance and Jeff.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Storm and Mr Vader

Some great tussles there but it's the beast from the Rockies and the man from Calgary,Alberta,Canada that prevail. Another Canadian looks to join him in the 3rd round as we go triple threat for the final place. Ready? Fight!

Bret Hart

The Excellence of Execution

BretHart018.jpg

vs

Tully Blanchard

The Brainbusting Horseman

blanchard2.jpg

vs

Ricky Steamboat

The Dragon

492456.jpg

• Advertisement

Bret Hart.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Steamboat

Steamboat. Bret was more about the IC title.

Steamboat. Completely agree with MoneyMaker.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, Ricky gets my vote too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Bret

WWEWCW-US.jpg

We're hitting the business end of the tournament now as we seek to crown the best ever United States champion in history. Owing to an odd amount of participants, there will be one tripe threat encounter in this round. Who will be the unlucky trio to have their odds seriously reduced? We shall see. At this stage, I will ask that you include a reason for your selection and that first wrestler to attain four votes will advance to the quarter final. Let's get down to it.

Ricky Steamboat

The Dragon

rs.jpg

vs

Dolph Ziggler

The Show Off

TLC11_Photo_004.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ziggler gets my vote here. Generally, I remember him better. Ricky I remember most for his IC match with Savage, not as much with the US title.

I'm going to go for Ziggler too. Don't recall Steamboats reign tbh and enjoyed Ziggler's.

Think I'd go with Mr Ziggles too because Steamy is a bit before my time to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Mr Ziggles for me too. Sorry Rocky "The Iguana" Smokeship

Ricky runs out of steam and the show is off for the Dragon. Our next bout features two brash loud mouths. Who's walk will match their talk? Please remember to leave a reason to validate your vote.

Roddy Piper

Hotrod

us-piper03rd-1.jpg

vs

Montel Vontavious Porter

Mr. 305

mvp.JPG

MVP, as i've said previously he had a great reign and I really thought he was going places. The matches with Benoit were really good and the program with Matt Hardy was good too. Ball dropped big time by WWE.

Piper I don't even remember having a reign. I remember his IC runs, nothing with the US title.

Yup, MVP for me too. Had some good matches with Matt Hardy if I recall correctly.

Definitely MVP. I'd easily argue he is one of the best to hold the belt post WCW era.

I'll go with MVP, I am more familiar with his reign with the US title.

MVP cools off the Hotrod with yet another 3rd Round whitewash. Will the next bout be as one sided? Let's find out....

John Cena

The Doctor of Thuganomics

034.jpg

vs

Cesaro

The Swiss Superman

33_01_CESARO_08192012sb_0013.jpg

Cena. While I'd prefer Cesaro personally, Cena's time with the US Title was part of what launched him into the stratosphere. He was white hot at the time, winning the title at WM against Big Show, and the best of five series with Booker T was excellent too.

Yep Cena. It is amazing looking back to where the biggest star of the last decade came from.

• Advertisement

Cesaro had a good run but Cena was launched after winning the US title. Just watch the match with Big Show at WM20 and the way the crowd reacted to him.

He held the title a long time and had lots of good matches.

Advertisement