Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards United States Championship Tournament

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

for me it's a tough one I hate cena as a character but respect his achievements and goldberg had such a great run and could not help but love him even though alls he seems to do is **** on the business
    for me thou taking it as US champ and what it did for them then the slightest advantage goes to
    goldberg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Cena

His run was meaningful and he had lots of great feuds during it.

Goldberg's run was just a part of the streak and full of crap squash matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

A good final matchup indeed.

As i've said before, the title was far more significant when Goldberg held it(the US title holder was the No.1 contender in WcW, in WWE it was a mid card title at best). It's also unfair to say he only had crap squash matches. He had a good match with Perry Saturn, the stuff with Raven and the Flock was really good.

Cena had his big moment winning the title at WM20, he was over as **** and he was clearly the next big star. Goldberg had a moment that surpasses that, winning the WcW title infront of 40,000 fans in his hometown. While being the US Champion. Goldberg vs Austin was a dream match at the time, the one big star WcW made was Goldberg(DDP also to a degree) and it may never have happened without the US title.

Plus I always thought it was cool as hell watching him mow down one guy after another. The Streak was WcW at it's absolute peak. The US title is a WcW creation. So therefore, my vote goes to Goldberg.

Granted some of the moves look kind of bad, but just look at the way the crowd reacts to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

John cena for me the most memorable champ in my time of seeing the us title

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Cena for me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Felt Cena and the US title went well, it was memorable, he even had his own personalize belt, it played a part in making him come a huge star at the time but the US title was a lot less relevant then than in it's hayday. When was it's heyday you ask well imho it was when it was around the waist of the man on a streak like never before seen while WCW was at its peak so im going for Goldberg in a very deserving final.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm taking Cena here...

I have nothing but content for Goldberg. Was a huge mark for him at the time, but the more I got to know about him, the less I liked him.

Cena is far and away the better wrestler. I enjoyed some of his feuds for the US Title, though I hated the spinner. Loved his feud with Carlito. So, going with Cena.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

An absolutely brilliant final (probably my favourite of any tournament yet).

I'll give it to Goldberg. In hindsight his place in WCW and in turn the Monday Night Wars was amazing. As I stated his winning of the Title against Raven was probably one of my favourite matches ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I will go with John Cena, he was incredible when he was the doctor of thugnomics and when he won United States championship back in WM 20 it was clear that he will become big time star in the company which would happen in the following year at WM 21.

I cant really vote for Goldberg, since I only known him for his WWE run since I never watched WCW back in the day,

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

I'll go with John Cena. I enjoyed his reigns as US champ plus I never really cared too much for Goldberg or his streak to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Lance Storm
    Daniel Bryan
    Lance Storm
    John Cena
    Dolph Ziggler
    John Cena
    John Cena Winner
    Goldberg
    M . V . P.
    Goldberg
    Goldberg
    Eddie Guerrero
    Eddie Guerrero
    Rick Rude

WINNER- JOHN CENA

034.jpg

cenacute2.jpg

l.jpg

Hold the presses...............

rusev-champ.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

An impromptu boards.ie exclusive championship match perhaps? :P
    Once again thanks are due to Omackeral for organising and running of a great tournament. Possibly my favorite one I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Fair dues again Omackeral, great job brother!

Apologies for the ridiculous bump but how fitting is it that these two had a United States Championship match on PPV tonight? The winner of the tournament and the current champion, despite the former having not held the title in 10 years. :pac::D:p:)

:o

Advertisement