Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin 70.30 - discussion and advice

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭BennyMul

tunney wrote: »
    Might as well stick this year.

The rumour doing the rounds is that the Dublin 70.30 entry fee is €400. Assuming that its the €120 higher than other races "cause of the Irish costs"

This could be like the budget, throw some outragous numbers into the public domain and then change slighlty less and you are meant to feel like its a bargin.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭potsy11

Race Director has been announced today. THe ball is rolling....hopefully the entry fee is not €400. Thats only €100 short of the IM Barcelona 2015 fee. Instead of doing a half, I am thinking an abroad full IM is better value for money, and I live in Dublin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

tunney wrote: »
    Might as well stick this year.

The rumour doing the rounds is that the Dublin 70.30 entry fee is €400. Assuming that its the €120 higher than other races "cause of the Irish costs"

Do you have a source Dave ? Is it reliable. I don't know any half im over 270 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Do you have a source Dave ? Is it reliable. I don't know any half im over 270 euro.

Hearsay and conjecture, the best kind of source. (no just word on the grapevine)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

IM 70.3 UK works out at just over that at the current exchange rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cart man

IM 70.3 UK works out at just over that at the current exchange rate.

:confused:
    Staffordshire was £225 which is just shy of €285. Wimbleball is currently £215. Can I exchange your £' to €'s next time you're back please? :)

Talk of €400 is ridiculous. Anyone who pays that is "I am lost for appropriate word". Whilst I am looking forward to the race and was willing to pay typical IM70.3 prices, I will happily do an Irish middle distance instead and CK - both for half that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 johcondar

Over 10,000 people have pre reg on line and with only 2500 places it will sell out fairly quickly I think.

Advertisement