Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noonan,Irish Media and Irelands blind shills lambasted on RT

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,752 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

As a man who owned a very substantial share of Anglo and was heavily involved in some of the shenanigans that went on at Anglo, applying the term "bankster" to him seems reasonable enough. Do we necessarily differentiate between people who work in banks and people who own them when deciding which terms to apply?

Anyone can buy bank shares. That doesn't make them a banker.

Max and his girlfriend genuinely thought they were talking about a banker when they referred to Quinn being sent to prison. I am still waiting for his prediction of the collapse of the Euro to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

Would love to see a new social contract being created in Russia, under a Russian government, covered by Russia Today

Also, when was the last time a Russian tv host called for a Russian minister to resign? And what happened to that host?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Lalealea

kneemos wrote: »
    Alarmist,melodramatic gobbledygook.

I know it's great! :-D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Pocoyo wrote: »

He's no different than any other gobshíte. He looks to put himself in a position of saviour in everything he rants on about. If Vincent Browne held out on the stuttering for long enough to get to a point, we'd not be looking at any of the crap that fella raves on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Now where did I see that before??? Ah yes two years ago, right here on AH. All I can say to anyone who missed it then, is don't watch it now.

Who cares if you saw it before? So maybe save your self the trouble and let people decide for themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

History repeats itself.

The Catholic church covered up abuse, then were held to account, ordered to pay compensation to the victims, the Irish government ordered that the taxpayer, which would have included abuse survivors pick up the tab.

the church still haven't paid the paltry sum they managed to get it down to in the end during the compo discussions with the state!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Is this where we pretend to not be saturated by propaganda and it's only the poor stupid Russians?.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Anyone can buy bank shares. That doesn't make them a banker.

I'm pretty sure making private agreements about disposing of shares with the likes of the golden circle makes one a bankster, if not a banker. A gobsh!te who was heavily involved in orchestrating the scandal and the catastrophe that followed.

If we briefly overlook the use of the term banker, is there anything else you disagree with, specifically, in what was said in the video?
    Max and his girlfriend genuinely thought they were talking about a banker when they referred to Quinn being sent to prison.

Again, he owned a substantial amount of the bank and was central to orchestrating its scandals and ultimate collapse. Apart from being pedantic over the term, what do you disagree with in the report?
    I am still waiting for his prediction of the collapse of the Euro to happen.

That would appear to have been at least temporarily prevented by screwing over ordinary people once again to save it.

Advertisement