Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noonan,Irish Media and Irelands blind shills lambasted on RT

Options
  • 19-10-2014 3:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭

With the irish water debacle and a sense of social change on the horizon,I thought it would be fitting to air some of the outside views on irelands current social injustice's unleashed on our public since the bailout.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,414 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Alarmist,melodramatic gobbledygook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

The 'Stockholm Syndrome' comment sums it up quite nicely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    The 'Stockholm Syndrome' comment sums it up quite nicely.

The shame i felt at that comment during the interview it hurt because its true,Too many blind shills in this country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

'Noonan is powerless over his own stupidity'

Ha Ha Ha

I loved max keiser for some years now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Typical american loo-la!

• Advertisement

Typical american loo-la!

That's as maybe, but the truth always hurts.

'Noonan is powerless over his own stupidity'

Ha Ha Ha

I loved max keiser for some years now.

Let him come and run the show then,see how he deals with reality and not some ideal way things should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

kneemos wrote: »
    Let him come and run the show then,see how he deals with reality and not some ideal way things should be.

He couldnt do any worse than Angela Merkel is...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

RT is like the Fox News of er... Russia.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,752 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Pocoyo wrote: »

With the irish water debacle and a sense of social change on the horizon,I thought it would be fitting to air some of the outside views on irelands current social injustice's unleashed on our public since the bailout.

Now where did I see that before??? Ah yes two years ago, right here on AH. All I can say to anyone who missed it then, is don't watch it now.

• Advertisement

Trained monkeys could do what this government are doing.
    Implementing the ECB/EU orders to the letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

If I ever find myself favouring TASS nua over a parliamentary representative democratic republic I'll be doing a Lawrence Oates, I'll tell you that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

There is one thing worse than being a "yes sir" people, and that is a foreigner telling us that we're a "yes sir" people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Infairness RT is a Russian State media organisation. I wont trust anything that comes from Russia, which constantly lies to its people, to true and show how glorious their **** nation is compared to most of the World.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

hfallada wrote: »
    Infairness RT is a Russian State media organisation. I wont trust anything that comes from Russia, which constantly lies to its people, to true and show how glorious their **** nation is compared to most of the World.

Russia are no exception to governments the world over. They are all trying to keep the people placated and keep themselves in power.

You'll also never find an actual credible news source state run or private. They all have their own slant, own way of seeing things and pander to a certain demographic. Reality and truth rarely come into it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

Alarmist,melodramatic gobbledygook.

that maybe but almost everything he said in that video has been proven correct ;)
    Typical american loo-la!

if the american is a loo-la, what do we call those who sat around and watched the state crumble and the people get shoved under to support it?
    hfallada wrote: »

so did you watch it? are you prepared to take apart any of Max Keisers statements?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Russia are no exception to governments the world over. They are all trying to keep the people placated and keep themselves in power.

You'll also never find an actual credible news source state run or private. They all have their own slant, own way of seeing things and pander to a certain demographic. Reality and truth rarely come into it.

But Russians constantly feed their people propaganda to cover up how ****ed their economy is. They have a national campaign against the "gays" to smoke screen their economic and political problems. No other country in the first world is selecting a minority to have a campaign against to take away from other issues in their economy.

HBO political shows are probably the least biased out. HBO is a subscription service, so they can say whatever they like as their is no advertiser to upset. Likewise their are blogs with people who write stories as it interests them and they arent concerned about what their editors think

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ClovenHoof

Wasting your time posting anything which invokes reality on here. The Civil Servants Entitlement Brigade will defend the Government and Irish Establishment no matter who is in control as they have been paid off to be an Orwellian Inner Party buffer/barricade between the Irish people and they who exploit us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I think 2 years since this gobsh*** ranted like a loon, he has been proven wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

He's American FFS. Look at what they have done to their economy. They're at the precipice and their only way out is to print money. Print, print, print..................:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

If there's one thing we've learned from the whole mess it's that nobody really has a clue what's going on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

If there's one thing we've learned from the whole mess it's that nobody really has a clue what's going on.

Did we not learn that the law of business/economics does not imply to the wealthy and the law of the land does not imply to the bankers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Except in Russia if a journo speaks out against Putin or the government, they go missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

Two people on RT talking are unbearable clowns. Beyond stating the obvious, they're just thrashing Ireland. RT can suck my balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Two years ago, and Max Keiser and Stacey Herbert proven to be wrong about Ireland.

I agree the Irish media leaves a lot to be desired, given how they try and set the news agenda from a certain angle, usually from a very liberal viewpoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

History repeats itself.

The Catholic church covered up abuse, then were held to account, ordered to pay compensation to the victims, the Irish government ordered that the taxpayer, which would have included abuse survivors pick up the tab.

The Irish media play a huge roll in this, they are supposed to be a watchful presence but they are part of the dysfunctional political establishment....

Incidentally, it is the same Irish media who deemed it appropriate for people to use Stab City as a nickname for Limerick, a completely undeserving and incredibly damaging nickname which, as Max demonstrated has gone global.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

He's American FFS. Look at what they have done to their economy. They're at the precipice and their only way out is to print money. Print, print, print..................:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Um, you know that's what the Eurocrats want to do as well, right?
    Until now, opposition from Berlin and the still influential Bundesbank in Frankfurt has made it impossible for the European Central Bank to fire its last big weapon: quantitative easing. The slowdown in Germany should make it easier for the ECB’s president, Mario Draghi, to begin cranking up the electronic printing presses, but are markets impressed? Not really. They are coming to the view that monetary policy – using interest rates and QE to regulate the price and quantity of money – is maxed out.

The markets aren't buying it though - they also don't believe in the much vaunted recovery that FG are busy trying to buy GE 2016 with:
    The first problem is that recovery in Europe appears to have been aborted. A tentative recovery began in the middle of 2013, but appears to have run into the sand. Technically, the eurozone has been in and out of recession since 2008. In reality, the story of the past six years has been of a deep slump followed by half a decade of flatlining.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Now where did I see that before??? Ah yes two years ago, right here on AH. All I can say to anyone who missed it then, is don't watch it now.

What specifically is he saying that you disagree with?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,752 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

What specifically is he saying that you disagree with?

The bit where they kept saying that Sean Quinn was a banker, or a bankster as they must have had on the script.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

The bit where they kept saying that Sean Quinn was a banker, or a bankster as they must have had on the script.

As a man who owned a very substantial share of Anglo and was heavily involved in some of the shenanigans that went on at Anglo, applying the term "bankster" to him seems reasonable enough. Do we necessarily differentiate between people who work in banks and people who own them when deciding which terms to apply?

Advertisement