Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe soap shuttering

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Hitchens wrote: »
    you should try shuttering in a mine shaft ;)

We do a good few big concrete bunds for industrial diesel tanks - watching a new lad try and shutter one of them can be comedy gold alone and that's about as simple as it gets. The run for more screw/props/timbers/underpants when they realise how much pressure a cubic meter of concrete exerts on formwork can be good for a giggle too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

In the late 60s when I was 18 I did some shuttering dismantling. The proper workers put up the shuttering, the concrete was poured, and on the Monday and Tuesday a few of us tore down the shuttering and stacked it for the real workers to repeat.
    You might need to know what you are doing, and someone needs to be able to read plans/blueprints.

Advertisement