Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often do you see your OH?

Options
2»

Comments

I was in a long distance relationship for 18 months (Louth/Wexford). I found it hard.
    I got the chance to move to be with him and took it. I loved being closer to him (geographically) and rented an old farmhouse. He stayed most nights then after 3 months out of the blue he announced he preferred "long distance".
    That was some kick as I had just got a new job there and basically moved everything.
    Long story short I left a few weeks later with a broken heart. Guess there were warning signs all along. If the relationship is good then living together is a natural progression and most people are happier that way.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Twice a week usually, she'll stay over at mine during the week and then we'll spend a day/night together at the weekend.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Every day, we did the long distance for 2 years, Oz-Germany. First year we only saw each other every few months, too long. Second year we didn't leave more than 6 weeks between visits. Made things easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Everyday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I've been very busy in work lately and herself works every second weekend so I'm lucky if I see her once a fortnight. She lives a fair distance away from me too. A guy I work with lives and works with his missus so they see each other constantly. I'm not sure I'd like that either. Have any of you ever been in a long distance relationship or been with someone you didn't see much?

Once a fortnight? Ah OP she's off galavanting with young floosies no doubt.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Wurly wrote: »
    Every single day as we live together. And every day is blissful. I am extremely lucky. Guys - don't ever settle for anything less. ;)

No offense, but I find it hard to believe that EVERY day you spend with each other is blissful. Surely you have the occassional disagreement, or have little habits that get on each others nerves. Unless you're still in the honeymoon phase perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭AnLonDubh

woodchuck wrote: »
    No offense, but I find it hard to believe that EVERY day you spend with each other is blissful.
    I agree, it is as if "every day" was meant in a non-literal manner to convey how happy they are in their marriage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

woodchuck wrote: »
    No offense, but I find it hard to believe that EVERY day you spend with each other is blissful. Surely you have the occassional disagreement, or have little habits that get on each others nerves. Unless you're still in the honeymoon phase perhaps?

To me it is bliss. I feel completely loved and accepted by this person, even when we argue. We don't argue much. We talk freely. I never had these sorts of relationships when I was growing up and it's very new territory to me. So it's not always dancing on air kind of bliss. But to feel so unconditionally loved by someone no matter what is bliss to me.
    Beaner1 wrote: »
    Why would you be lucky? Surely you both offer each other an equal amount. If you were genuinely in a completely unbalanced relationship then I would suggest that you are far from lucky.
    I see what you mean so i'll rephrase that. I feel incredibly grateful.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,571 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Don't know if OH includes spouses, but if it does, then my answer is - everyday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭REXER

When ever I need to get some frozen chips out of the freezer! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭berrygood

bluewolf wrote: »

I want a Panda!!! So cute! (That's all I've got for this thread!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

we live together so everyday, would kill me if it were any other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Long distance relationship isn't too bad , I'm in one myself , eventually she's going to standstill long enough in the crosshairs for me to get a shot off.

You need to l lead her a bit more. ;)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

We live together now, but were long distance for our first 18 months together. Used to see each other roughly every 2-3 weeks when we were long distance, Michael O'Leary made a bloody fortune off us. Closed the distance in July of last year when I moved to London to move in with him and it's been great since, we're getting married in 7 months time.

Advertisement