Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often do you see your OH?

Options
  • 18-10-2014 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭

I've been very busy in work lately and herself works every second weekend so I'm lucky if I see her once a fortnight. She lives a fair distance away from me too. A guy I work with lives and works with his missus so they see each other constantly. I'm not sure I'd like that either. Have any of you ever been in a long distance relationship or been with someone you didn't see much?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Every time I open the third drawer in my bedside locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭GalwayGirl26

Yeah, we used to see each other once a month or so for about a year and a half. It was hard going, but some wonderful memories from the times we were together as they were extra special. Now we live together and still look forward to seeing each other every evening; kind of appreciate it more?
    Couldn't live and work together; that's just too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Yeah, we used to see each other once a month or so for about a year and a half. It was hard going, but some wonderful memories from the times we were together as they were extra special. Now we live together and still look forward to seeing each other every evening; kind of appreciate it more?
    Couldn't live and work together; that's just too much.

Are you with GalwayGuy35? :) Yeah you definitely appreciate it more when you see the person. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that. It's a bit early in the relationship to be moving in together but that might be an option in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Too often

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

My partner is in the army.

When we first hooked up, after about a month being together, he had to go over seas for 6 months >.<'

We chatted on skype most nights though. He's due to go away soon again ):
    __
    Atm, we see eachother every evening and weekends, but we live together. I do spend most of the evenings studying though, so we don't really spend that time together as such.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Whenever I go the basement.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

We live together so every day... Can't imagine it otherwise :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

I see the cu.nt every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I've been very busy in work lately and herself works every second weekend so I'm lucky if I see her once a fortnight. She lives a fair distance away from me too. A guy I work with lives and works with his missus so they see each other constantly. I'm not sure I'd like that either. Have any of you ever been in a long distance relationship or been with someone you didn't see much?

I'm in one at the moment. From the moment we started it was a long distance relationship, as I moved over to England for work one month after we started going out.

We get to see each other every two weeks, sometimes three and once four. That was a killer.

Without Ryanair, we wouldn't still be going out. Late night and early morning flights are the order of the day. Keep it as cheap as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Every day and often all day every day. Still bliss after over 50 years together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I live with my boyfriend so I see him everyday. Before we lived together we were in a long distance relationship, me being in Ireland and him on the west coast of America. That was pretty difficult because we only saw each other every two or three months but we had the most amazing time together, traveling all around Ireland and Oregon/California. I will treasure those memories forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Birneybau wrote: »

Could you bring some food with you next time? I'm wasting away down here! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Sometimes you can live with someone and spend a lot of your time in the same room but not feel like you spend enough time together.

Absence diminishes mediocre passions and increases great ones, as the wind extinguishes candles and fans fires.

Francois de La Rochefoucauld

I was with someone I only saw for long chunks of time, then long absences. The yearning made the reunion all the sweeter.
    No more reunions now though. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

We live together so every six months or so? I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

We live together, so every day. Unless one of us are away somewhere. Depending on what shift I am on we don't actually see that much of each other really!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

Birneybau wrote: »

So you two lovebirds moved into a modern basement apartment right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I live with my OH. It's grand. We wind each other up a lot, but I love him and were comfortable telling each other when the other is being annoying. Couldn't imagine not being able to see him every day now that we have that time together every day. Sometimes being at works seems too long and I can't wait to get home for cuddles.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Laois6556

Never.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

How often do you see your OH?

See my OH? Don't know if this is unusual, but I've never seen my own hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Weekends and maybe once during the week. Tis grand, keeps the relationship fresh.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I'm in a long distance relationship so I only see my boyfriend a few times a year. He was in Ireland for two weeks in March/April (I live in London) so I saw him for three weekends in a row, then two weeks' holiday at the end of May/beginning of June, three days at the end of July and I'm going out to see him for ten days in December. The longest we've gone without seeing each other was seven months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Some interesting stories. My situation doesn't seem so bad now. I don't think I could do the long distance relationship thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Could you bring some food with you next time? I'm wasting away down here! :(

You're in someone else's basement dude, got a woman in mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

The internet crashes every now and then and we have a quick chat. She seemed grand there last tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Some interesting stories. My situation doesn't seem so bad now. I don't think I could do the long distance relationship thing.

Long distance relationship isn't too bad , I'm in one myself , eventually she's going to standstill long enough in the crosshairs for me to get a shot off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Every single day as we live together. And every day is blissful. I am extremely lucky. Guys - don't ever settle for anything less. ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Every day, as we're living together.

We started out on a distance relationship (not really long distance, he was in Cork and I in Dublin, that's not much of a distance compared to what others have posted), but I moved to live with him after a year and a half.

I couldn't imagine not living with him any more, I enjoy waking up next to him every morning, and coming home to him every evening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

Wurly wrote: »
    Every single day as we live together. And every day is blissful. I am extremely lucky. Guys - don't ever settle for anything less. ;)

Why would you be lucky? Surely you both offer each other an equal amount. If you were genuinely in a completely unbalanced relationship then I would suggest that you are far from lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

I don't tend to count the days between, but I think it's working out at once or twice a week. Longest so far was nearly 2 weeks, and I really missed him then. I've done long-distance before, and I've also lived with someone before, so I'm very conscious this time around of making sure we strike a healthy balance between smothering each other and not seeing each other enough, which I think we're managing reasonably well :)

Advertisement