Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mam or Dad?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sweet Rose

I love my Mum so much, she was one of the most amazing human beings I've ever come across. Very few people have matched her. She was so kind, gentle, caring and full of fun. She was my rock and always loved me and looked out for me no matter what. She is such a good role model for me and she drives me to become a better Mum to my daughter now. I miss her so much, some days I miss her so much I feel physically sick from it.

Never take your parents for granted. If you don't get on, build those bridges and make peace now. They aren't here forever unfortunately and some people learn this far too late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

ElleEm wrote: »
    I could never choose, they are so different and fill completely different roles in my life.

I remember chatting to friends when I was a child about which one you would choose to live with if they split up and I used to always say I would move to a "children's home" rather than pick one over the other.

This by 1,000,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

c_man wrote: »
    Mam or Dad?

Mother Russia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

Hmmmm... will have to think about that one, I dislike them both equally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

I think thread should be renamed who has the most dysfunctional relationship with their parents. I vote me:) Nah, I love my dad too bits and always up for a chat and door always open. My mom...well is.... my mom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I love them both but I'm only close to my ma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

mloc123 wrote: »
    I think eveyones opinions get more extreme as they get older.

To be fair, it;s probably because people start basing their opinions on their feelings and experience rather than ideology.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ElizaT33

Some of the above responses are so sad! I feel lucky to have come from a very good happy home! Although my Dad died when I was only 2 years old and my Mam raised 4 of us on her own - she was both a Mum and Dad to us - the BEST!

My Dad would have been with her all the way, I'm sure ! Love them both so much and ALWAYS:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Don't make me choose, why are you making me choose again!??!?! :(:(:(:(

Advertisement