Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad Air 2 - Available from October 17th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Just took delivery of my iPad Air 2 - 64GB Space Grey. :D Weirdly the box doesn't mention it's the second gen. Just says iPad Air on sides and sticker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

There's bound to be some irony in the fact that I missed my iPad delivery because I was down at Apple getting my wife's iPad replaced...

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I see Currys in the UK are giving a 5% discount on new iPad Air purchases,

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/pre-order-new-ipad-air-2-with-5-off-from-379-05-curry-s-pc-world-2028790

but of course that discount hasn't been applied on the Irish site. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭God Father

I reckon that's the 5% student discount which I got via apple. Especially given the UNI in the code.. IPAD5UNI24A. Reckon Apple won't like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

I was thinking of buying an ipad Air 2 this week. Wheres the best place to buy one? Would there be anywhere that would throw in a case to push the sale through?

• Advertisement

Ruxjit wrote: »
    I was thinking of buying an ipad Air 2 this week. Wheres the best place to buy one? Would there be anywhere that would throw in a case to push the sale through?

Buy it from Apple's Education site. They didn't check for any education status for me when I ordered that, although I am a registered student.

As for a case...nope.

What's the story with the educational site?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

Any one else get a preparing to ship yet on the 3G version?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Someone i work with asked if i wanted an apple bringing from canteen downstairs.
    I said no
    She came back and brought me the parcel that arrived in reception :)

What's the story with the educational site?

If you're a student or a teacher, Apple will give you discount. At no point in the purchase process are you asked what your student number is or what you teach, though...

Sent from my iPad Air 2 :-) This thing is seriously thin, but does anyone notice it gets quite warm about halfway up on the right side?

• Advertisement

Preparing for dispatch (-:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Zcott wrote: »
    If you're a student or a teacher, Apple will give you discount. At no point in the purchase process are you asked what your student number is or what you teach, though...

Sent from my iPad Air 2 :-) This thing is seriously thin, but does anyone notice it gets quite warm about halfway up on the right side?

No student discount on wireless ear buds :(

I don't know, I've a ipad 4th Gen and I like the way its heavy feels quality. Had a play with the Ipad Air 1 in PC World today, I didn't like it, it's smaller and more of a cheap feel and look to it. Is the Air 2 better?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I don't know, I've a ipad 4th Gen and I like the way its heavy feels quality. Had a play with the Ipad Air 1 in PC World today, I didn't like it, it's smaller and more of a cheap feel and look to it. Is the Air 2 better?

Sorry but I find the smaller size and weight makes it more premium than cheap.

I found the previous iPad just far too heavy for a lot of use and glad I waited for the air. Narrower bezel looks better too.

First thing I noticed is that the laminated screen makes it feel much nicer to touch. The original Air had quite a hollow feel to the screen but this feels much more solid.

First thing I noticed is that the laminated screen makes it feel much nicer to touch. The original Air had quite a hollow feel to the screen but this feels much more solid.

Yeah it's very similar if not the same to the iPhone 6 screen. Looks so much better now, images and text just look a lot more crisp for some reason. I've no case yet so it's feeling very thin and light too. Still very slippery though.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Yeah it's very similar if not the same to the iPhone 6 screen. Looks so much better now, images and text just look a lot more crisp for some reason. I've no case yet so it's feeling very thin and light too. Still very slippery though.

Do you find yours running hot about halfway up on the right?

Do you find yours running hot about halfway up on the right?

Not that I can notice, only time it's hested up was during setup which happened my iPhone 6 as well, down to apps analysing in the background. It's been running cool other than that.

Did anybody have there iPad delivered by DHL? Just wondering how long it took from UK?

martin_g wrote: »
    Did anybody have there iPad delivered by DHL? Just wondering how long it took from UK?

24 hours. I think all of them were delivered by DHL.

• Advertisement

24 hours. I think all of them were delivered by DHL.

Ok thanks just has information received not even picked up so not looking good, much prefere UPS oh well and 6 days to deliver! So much for express shipping.

Ok thanks just has information received not even picked up so not looking good, much prefere UPS oh well and 6 days to deliver! So much for express shipping.

You should have it tomorrow. Mine shipped Tuesday and around this time still was showing 'info received'. Was out for delivery by 8.30am next morning. Then got it around 1pm. Where's the 6 days coming from?

You should have it tomorrow. Mine shipped Tuesday and around this time still was showing 'info received'. Was out for delivery by 8.30am next morning. Then got it around 1pm. Where's the 6 days coming from?

Apple estimated delivery date of the 29th Oct like wtf? Coming from UK. I was thinking if it didn't ship till tomorrow then wouldn't get till 28th as of Bank Hol weekend

Apple estimated delivery date of the 29th Oct like wtf? Coming from UK. I was thinking if it didn't ship till tomorrow then wouldn't get till 28th as of Bank Hol weekend

That's strange, where are you in Ireland? I was Dublin and others Cork but we got it within 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Narcissus

Narcissus wrote: »
    Yep, ordered on 20th, no sign of dispatch though, still being processed. Have an estimated delivery of 28th-30th Oct.

arrived today, much earlier than expected :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Gonna order mine today after I got my hands on one yesterday. Feels super nice and will be great to finally get rid of my 3rd gen ipad!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Austin1

I checked in Compub Blanch at 1pm and they were expecting a limited delivery later this afternoon but they won't be out on display until next week.

Does anyone know a B&M store where I can see this first before buying?

Gonna order mine today after I got my hands on one yesterday. Feels super nice and will be great to finally get rid of my 3rd gen ipad!

Did you sell your 3rd gen? How much are they selling for now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Is there any feeling for what stock levels are like with CompuB etc?

Advertisement