Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad Air 2 - Available from October 17th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

It seems that a lot of the Wi-Fi models have been dispatched, with the cellular models still processing. My Wi-Fi model was dispatched this morning with estimated delivery of tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Still preparing for dispatch for me since yesterday. Looks like it will be Thursday or Friday at this point for me.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Still preparing for dispatch for me since yesterday. Looks like it will be Thursday or Friday at this point for me.

Did you go wifi or 3G?

Zcott wrote: »
    Did you go wifi or 3G?

Wifi only 64GB. Ordered a little while after orders went live. I was hoping for the earlier Wednesday estimate from Apple but suppose I'll have to wait until Thursday or Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tommylobby

Still preparing here too, order 64gb wifi model too, I have 24-29th delivery estimate

• Advertisement

Where are they being shipped from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Tommylobby wrote: »

no tracking info yet, says it will be delivered by end of one business day.

Mine just shipped now too, no tracking yet

Mine is coming from a depot in somewhere called Hinckley.

Zcott wrote: »
    Mine is coming from a depot in somewhere called Hinckley.

Same here, mine is being shipped with DHL

• Advertisement

Mine just shipped too, estimated delivery date of tomorrow. Shipping via DHL, think that's a first for me. Hopefully not as bad as TNT.

Just sold my iPad an hour ago so perfect timing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

How did you fair out price wise for the Air?

How did you fair out price wise for the Air?

I sold a 32GB with warranty until December 24th in mint condition - got €350 and pretty easily too. Sold within 24 hours with another person on the waiting list if that sale fell through. €350 seems to be the standard price, €109 cheaper than brand new. Although Argos were selling it for €389 new so that could of affected it, but luckily didn't.

Mine just shipped too, estimated delivery date of tomorrow. Shipping via DHL, think that's a first for me. Hopefully not as bad as TNT.

Just sold my iPad an hour ago so perfect timing :D

Strange, mine showing estimate of 24th shipping with dhl too?

Strange, mine showing estimate of 24th shipping with dhl too?

I'm living Dublin 1 city centre if that makes any difference? I'm hoping I get it before Friday anyways but I'd expect there could he delays. Coming from Hinkley so it's over on a boat to the Dublin facility and out for delivery I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

I'm living Dublin 1 city centre if that makes any difference? I'm hoping I get it before Friday anyways but I'd expect there could he delays. Coming from Hinkley so it's over on a boat to the Dublin facility and out for delivery I suppose.

If it shipped today you will have it tomorrow. I had a delivery despatched from there yesterday evening and it was delivered at noon today in Cork.

Once saw a man do a strange exercise on Hinckley station. Odd fact

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

My iPad Mini doesn't get any use after my iPhone 6 arrived Friday. Might sell it and make the switch up to the Air.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

Any body order around the 19th / 20th? & if so any sign on shipping?

Tweaky wrote: »
    If it shipped today you will have it tomorrow. I had a delivery despatched from there yesterday evening and it was delivered at noon today in Cork.

Thanks for the heads up, I had my iPhone ship from Shenzhen, China and arrive in Dublin two days later so I suppose its very possible. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Narcissus

martin_g wrote: »
    Any body order around the 19th / 20th? & if so any sign on shipping?

Yep, ordered on 20th, no sign of dispatch though, still being processed. Have an estimated delivery of 28th-30th Oct.

looks like theyre flying in from east midlands overnight as it says Castle Donington departure.

New iPad specs looking good, triple-core??? and 2GB of RAM. Really glad to see the 2GB, safari tabs constantly reloading was a pain. Looking forward to getting mine tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

looks like theyre flying in from east midlands overnight as it says Castle Donington departure.

From East Midlands Airport is is usually flown overnight to Europe, then Dublin for Distribution.

For product for Cork then to Shannon(UPS) to Little Island.

About 13 hours to get to you, hopefully.

Ps no flights overnight from EMA to Ireland.

Once had an Apple product made in Cork, flown to UK onto Köln then Dublin to Shannon onto Cork. The plant us only 20 mins from me

airuser wrote: »
    From East Midlands Airport is is usually flown overnight to Europe, then Dublin for Distribution.

For product for Cork then to Shannon(UPS) to Little Island.

About 13 hours to get to you, hopefully.

Ps no flights overnight from EMA to Ireland.

Once had an Apple product made in Cork, flown to UK onto Köln then Dublin to Shannon onto Cork. The plant us only 20 mins from me

It does seem to have gone via Koeln to Dublin...strange trip. Out for delivery :)

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

When can you buy it in stores?

TCP/IP wrote: »
    When can you buy it in stores?

Friday, I think.

Mine is marked as out for delivery today...:D

Out for delivery for me too. Hopefully arrives sooner than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭God Father

Mine has arrived.. But im not at home :/ Overnighted via DHL from EMA to Cork City.
    64GB Black fyi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭God Father

God Father wrote: »
    Mine has arrived.. But im not at home :/ Overnighted via DHL from EMA to Cork City.
    64GB Black fyi

Hmmm to blow off lectures, assignment and graduate programme application on closing day or not?... first world problems eh?
    era it will have to wait :(

Advertisement