Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Jerseys 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭EIRE1922

thesultan wrote: »
    The last time that Kilkenny had a white collar?

The Kilkenny Minor team wore white collars in the Leinster Final and All-Ireland semi-final in 1982. The Kilkenny Seniors last wore white collars in the 1979 All-Ireland Final. Then went back to wearing black collars again from 1980 onwards. Kilkenny teams wore black collars up until the late 1950's and then white collars from the late 1950's - 1979.

http://www.kilkennygaa.ie/gallery/index/category/5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

That will be interesting to see. Is Dan Morrissey staying on as sponsor?

Dan Morrissey went into Administration earlier in the year and the company was dissolved by the banks, who are now running it until they can find a buyer.

With O'Byrne cup action starting this weekend, things are getting abit long in the tooth for a new jersey, but I think finding a new sponsor could be the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

I've heard a sponsor is secured, but not ready to be made public just yet. What have you heard about the jersey?

They will probably play without a sponsor in the O'Byrne Cup.

newg300 wrote: »
    I've heard a sponsor is secured, but not ready to be made public just yet. What have you heard about the jersey?

Heard that they were working on designs that had one primary colour, with the other colours being used with trim, rather than bands. For instance, a green jersey, with red & yellow trim.

I'm only guessing it's going to be green, considering underage teams have been using this quite abit.

carlow-paddys-day-jersey-1_1_1.jpg

In saying all this, the county board may decide to stick with tradition, but there are some looking to break from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

I said it last year and will say it again it is a pity they didn't do something like:
    USA_AWAY_TURN_28445.jpg

Underage teams had been using the Mayo template I thought. We've played with solid colours in the past (see below), but I'm not in favour of a move away from the tri-colour design.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n3rbfRWuo4

I'm not 100% on the template the underage sides used TBH, but I've seen them play in a predominantly green jersey, which I thought was the one above.

I agree though, I'd prefer Carlow stick with the tri-colour.

Can't find any pictures online, but I saw one or two in the local paper that was this with yellow instead of white (and a different shade of green)

michael-conroy-celebrates-at-the-final-whistle-292012e-630x417.jpg

Think this is the one your on about (poor quality though)

Main-pic1-300x152.jpg

• Advertisement

That's the one.

I can see the CB sticking with Dan Morrisey jerseys until a new set is produced with sponsor, rather than going without one.

We've never really had a 2-year turnaround with jerseys like other counties.

newg300 wrote: »
    Underage teams had been using the Mayo template I thought. We've played with solid colours in the past (see below), but I'm not in favour of a move away from the tri-colour design.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n3rbfRWuo4

That Carlow kit was lovely tbh albeit a break from tradition. How long did they wear that for? I suppose when Carlow meet Offaly there is a lot going on in terms of colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Charlie69

EIRE1922 wrote: »
    The Kilkenny Minor team wore white collars in the Leinster Final and All-Ireland semi-final in 1982. The Kilkenny Seniors last wore white collars in the 1979 All-Ireland Final. Then went back to wearing black collars again from 1980 onwards. Kilkenny teams wore black collars up until the late 1950's and then white collars from the late 1950's - 1979.

http://www.kilkennygaa.ie/gallery/index/category/5
    Kilkenny actually started the 79 final with black and amber striped collars but changed to white collars at half time after heavy rain in the first half.

Just to note, Carlow are wearing last year's jerseys today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭deadybai

Wouldn't mind that cause I remember Waterford wearing their old Jersey last year in the Waterford crystal cup. Even after they had released the new Jersey in the shops

deadybai wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind that cause I remember Waterford wearing their old Jersey last year in the Waterford crystal cup. Even after they had released the new Jersey in the shops

Yeah generally speaking the new kits debut in the league

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭denishurley

Tyrone have kept their old jerseys despite changing sponsors. Odd given that this is the third year of the cycle and a change is due next year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭henke

Tyrone have kept their old jerseys despite changing sponsors. Odd given that this is the third year of the cycle and a change is due next year

Strange alright and I thought a sponsor change was the reasoning behind Dublin changing their jersey after only a single season last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

henke wrote: »
    Strange alright and I thought a sponsor change was the reasoning behind Dublin changing their jersey after only a single season last year.

Id agree
    But last year cork when without sponsor wearing O2 before chill came it was allowed by both O2 and ccb cork do both even though O2 wouldn't be renewing it at end month
    Cork would went unbranded jersey if no sponsorship was found

Imo sponsorship main county should be well planned and sorted in advance as surely know when contracts are up imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

I vaguely recall Cork wearing a charity on the jersey for a match or 2, was it a hospital?

I'd imagine some counties reckon its not worth the money or effort to put together a sponsorless jersey for a few matches. The likes of Cork or Dublin would be more concerned about the value of their "brand". They dont want to be seen as selling too cheaply, so would go to the effort of having a blank jersey. For the likes of Carlow, getting any sponsor is the main concern, so they wouldnt have a concern with wearing an old top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

I vaguely recall Cork wearing a charity on the jersey for a match or 2, was it a hospital?

I'd imagine some counties reckon its not worth the money or effort to put together a sponsorless jersey for a few matches. The likes of Cork or Dublin would be more concerned about the value of their "brand". They dont want to be seen as selling too cheaply, so would go to the effort of having a blank jersey. For the likes of Carlow, getting any sponsor is the main concern, so they wouldnt have a concern with wearing an old top.

For mercy hospital in league game for cancer fund raising which was great idea

Yeah generally speaking the new kits debut in the league

I was only commenting because there had been a discussion about Carlow's change of sponsorship on the last page.

Charlie69 wrote: »
    Kilkenny actually started the 79 final with black and amber striped collars but changed to white collars at half time after heavy rain in the first half.

Yes, that is true. Most of team changed to the previous year's set of white collar jerseys at half time, but not all the players changed to the old set. Some changed to spare black collar jerseys. So you had a mix of about 2-3 players wearing black collars and the rest wearing white collars in the second half against Galway.

EIRE1922 wrote: »
    Yes, that is true. Most of team changed to the previous year's set of white collar jerseys at half time, but not all the players changed to the old set. Some changed to spare black collar jerseys. So you had a mix of about 2-3 players wearing black collars and the rest wearing white collars in the second half against Galway.

Similar with Tipp v Cork in 1987. Over the two games id say there was a mixture of three if not four different types of blue and gold jersey. Richie Stakelum lifted the Munster cup in a jersey with a blue and yellow stripey collar whereas Nicky English kicked his goal with a jersey where the yellow sleeve bands were bordering the white linings on the short sleeves.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭JonnyF

Anyone know if Longford are getting a new shirt this year? Want to buy a present for someone and want to know if I should hold off.

JonnyF wrote: »
    Anyone know if Longford are getting a new shirt this year? Want to buy a present for someone and want to know if I should hold off.

I would hold off for a bit. I think they are not changing this year. Only heading into the third year with the current one.

TaosHum wrote: »
    Think this is the one your on about (poor quality though)

Main-pic1-300x152.jpg

To go back to this, the hurlers wore this on Sunday

B7T5Cg1IgAASAOk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

The O'Neills jersey for DR Congo is pretty decent,better than most of the county jerseys they produce.
    DR-Congo-2015-Home-Kit%2B(1).jpg

I agree. Quite unusual. Should gives fans 50% off the new one!

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=230268

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭denishurley

Read today that they're actually launching a new kit this week, the McKenna Cup ones were just a place-holder

Advertisement