Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Jerseys 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Prop Joe wrote: »
    329756.jpg

I usually prefer my jersies to be simple and clean rather than overly designed but really O'Neills made no effort with that at all. It's like they designed it on MS Paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Ah the reason its not showing up is its an attachment from the Kerry Gaa Forum. Only registered users can see the image obviously.

Apologies.

Anyway as I said, I love the clean simple design, others will think is boring, but we're traditionalists in Kerry ;) Its probably too sexed up for most with the lack of collar. :P

Kinda glad the back of it looks good as well, instead of having a map, or a giant Brady Family logo on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Do not like. Why did they decide the band of gold needed to be reduced? Looks weird now. Hate that collar design as well, presume it's the same or similar to the Donegal one which looks terribad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,841 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I usually prefer my jersies to be simple and clean rather than overly designed but really O'Neills made no effort with that at all. It's like they designed it on MS Paint.

There is literally no pleasing some people!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

franglan wrote: »
    Jeez was going to buy my first Ros jersey in a good 15 years... then I saw the back of it. It's like a pisstake, a horrible pisstake.

Yeah apparently it was the new sponsor's idea. I like the actual idea of the county map, but its far too big, it would have been cool maybe at the top where the smaller Club Rossie logo is, but obviously a lot smaller. Also, the Ros Comáin looks a bit out of place. Its all putting me off buying the jersey now, which is a pity because when I saw the front of it I thought it looked class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

Yeah apparently it was the new sponsor's idea. I like the actual idea of the county map, but its far too big, it would have been cool maybe at the top where the smaller Club Rossie logo is, but obviously a lot smaller. Also, the Ros Comáin looks a bit out of place. Its all putting me off buying the jersey now, which is a pity because when I saw the front of it I thought it looked class.

Pure daft idea and well be stuck with it now for a few years, its lovely on the front but cat on the back, pity theres no big companys here what could sponsor us with a normal jersey,

A right 'ham' made of the new Kildare jersey if you pardon the pun. Tipperary looking for new sponsors after Skoda pulling the plug which can only mean....yep.....new jersey more than likely on the way. Hopefully we'll get a better effort than the previous. A blue and gold version of the Kerry design would be decent.

Roscommon destroyed the jersey with that map to be honest. Silly idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,841 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

A right 'ham' made of the new Kildare jersey if you pardon the pun.

I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

A right 'ham' made of the new Kildare jersey if you pardon the pun. Tipperary looking for new sponsors after Skoda pulling the plug which can only mean....yep.....new jersey more than likely on the way. Hopefully we'll get a better effort than the previous. A blue and gold version of the Kerry design would be decent.
    Imagine if Kerry group became the sponsors :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭deadybai

New Antrim jersey. Class. Why does Ulster always have the nicest jerseys?

10675518_10153374048423502_8682978220247350802_n.jpg?oh=8411c609eebbd92aa747dd1c9707eaed&oe=551A9FAB&__gda__=1426140926_d11a1d72fecb47d82f43cb7bf3a843be

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

New Antrim shirt is class.

Nice jersey from the Saffrons. Mad that its 2 years since they introduced the shirt with white sleeves. Feels like they only had it for one year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭franglan

Roscommon destroyed the jersey with that map to be honest. Silly idea.

I like the clubs as part of the jersey idea, grand but it's like the type of tack you'd see on a jersey where the manufacturer doesn't have the license to make the jersey. Don't blame the foreign sponsor, can't think he specifically asked for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Always_Running

The advertising/sponsors is a bit overpowering on those new Antrim shirts.

The advertising/sponsors is a bit overpowering on those new Antrim shirts.

Its a bit too near the white band which contains the badge, front number, GAA, and O'Neills sign so therefore it looks very cluttered in one area.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

New Roscommon jersey is lovely but ruined by the map and name on the back.Its a pity because its the best Ros jersey design in years.New sponsor is giving a huge sum to the county without any recognition so I suppose we can let him away with the map if it was his idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

yabadabado wrote: »
    New Roscommon jersey is lovely but ruined by the map and name on the back.Its a pity because its the best Ros jersey design in years.New sponsor is giving a huge sum to the county without any recognition so I suppose we can let him away with the map if it was his idea.

21000 a year I heard, not that much

Is it a supporters club?
    In such a case it would be a massive effort for supporters to raise such money and credit where due to all involved they must be some fans.

It is sad though that if Roscommon would have a bad game they would get a hammering on the Sunday game despite onlly having a small fraction of the price of the sponsorship revenue of the likes of Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

It's considerably more than that.
    Is it a supporters club?
    In such a case it would be a massive effort for supporters to raise such money and credit where due to all involved they must be some fans.

It is sad though that if Roscommon would have a bad game they would get a hammering on the Sunday game despite onlly having a small fraction of the price of the sponsorship revenue of the likes of Dublin

Its not a supporters clubs.An ex Ros player is sponsoring the senior,U21 and minor teams.He lives/works in US so he has let the supporters club be used on the jerseys as he didn't see the point in having his US based company on the jerseys.Club Rossie was founded last year to raise funds for the county GAA teams and he thought it was a good idea to give them the exposure on the jersey to raise their profile.

• Advertisement

Its not a supporters clubs.An ex Ros player is sponsoring the senior,U21 and minor teams.He lives/works in US so he has let the supporters club be used on the jerseys as he didn't see the point in having his US based company on the jerseys.Club Rossie was founded last year to raise funds for the county GAA teams and he thought it was a good idea to give them the exposure on the jersey to raise their profile

Fair deuce to him. I would hope the GAA would allocate funds to help out the rural depopulated counties. Ireland is seriously imbalanced.

Id love to know how much for example Dublin has changed as a GAA county since the GAA has evolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Its not a supporters clubs.An ex Ros player is sponsoring the senior,U21 and minor teams.He lives/works in US so he has let the supporters club be used on the jerseys as he didn't see the point in having his US based company on the jerseys.Club Rossie was founded last year to raise funds for the county GAA teams and he thought it was a good idea to give them the exposure on the jersey to raise their profile.

That's very commendable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

who else is due an update this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Carlow will be making a change and from what I've heard, it'll be a break from tradition.

TaosHum wrote: »
    Carlow will be making a change and from what I've heard, it'll be a break from tradition.

That will be interesting to see. Is Dan Morrissey staying on as sponsor?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭EIRE1922

That will be interesting to see. Is Dan Morrissey staying on as sponsor?

Kilkenny are due a change.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    So the same as every other Kerry jersey ever then? :P

They only changed it the other year.

EIRE1922 wrote: »
    Kilkenny are due a change.

Kilkenny changed the current style in 2012 after introducing a new shirt in 2011. Wonder will they ever reintroduce the stripes on the sleeves and by that i mean stripes that match the body of the jersey like the old days?

FennellyLiam_vTipperary1991.jpg

Kilkenny changed the current style in 2012 after introducing a new shirt in 2011. Wonder will they ever reintroduce the stripes on the sleeves and by that i mean stripes that match the body of the jersey like the old days?

FennellyLiam_vTipperary1991.jpg

Correct. The current Kilkenny jersey with the slanted backwards facing shoulder/sleeve three amber stripes has been worn in three championship seasons - 2012, 2013 and 2014. The previous straight amber shoulder/sleeve three stripes and amber O'Neills roundel crest at the front was worn for only one championship season in 2011. The reason I heard for the sudden change of jersey was it was deemed too yellow looking rather than amber.

There is a new jersey planned for the 2015 championship. O'Neills want to go with a round neck collar, but the Kilkenny county board want a collar. Same number of stripes front and back and probably three stripes on the sleeves. Some what like the Donegal jersey design. Fairly plain and simple expect with the stripes. Crest at the back and a possible option on the sleeves. It will be much like the 2011 jersey and not far off the previous 2008-2010 jerseys. Not much design goes into the Kilkenny jersey. It might be something like the Donegal goalkeeper jersey with the black & amber stripes front and back and with three black stripes through the amber or visa-versa on the sleeves. I hope not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭thesultan

The last time that Kilkenny had a white collar?

Advertisement