Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Jerseys 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭statto25

EIRE1922 wrote: »
    O'Neills make and retail the jerseys through the sports shops. They can offer it at a reduced price like they do in the North.

That's all dependant on O'Neills selling it to the shops at a reduced rate. They also sell the product themselves so would have to reduce their prices also.... Anyway, have Intersport Elverys definitely been put in place?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LakerMan

New Fermanagh jersey unveiled today. Cant get a picture up on here for some reason, but it's up on the O'Neills website now.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

Looks like Oneills are bringing back the design down the sides of the shorts. Kilkenny wearing them today. Not a moment too soon. Those plain ones with just 3 stripes were fierce boring. Hope other counties follow suit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭deadybai

11015100_849242681808989_6043940507847578623_n.jpg?oh=0da90992cf1391900d5735d29fb0b12c&oe=558363A0

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

Not a whole lot wrong with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

It would be almost perfect if the badges on the arms were removed.

Be nice if they took out elements of the crest and used that instead like the tower and left it in white. Or maybe use the Castle in the county crest instead. Still nothing will beat the shirt in use 2 shirts ago.

$_57.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Carlow Away

B-pOZeIWkAAmG0A.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Banker

jaysus, that sponsorship logo destroys the jersey...

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

Yeah, the one they launched with was a grand logo. The box looks terrible.

Besy of it is, they managed to use two different shades of black on the away goalkeepers'.

B-tg0ZBWwAAjzNm.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭EIRE1922

deadybai wrote: »
    11015100_849242681808989_6043940507847578623_n.jpg?oh=0da90992cf1391900d5735d29fb0b12c&oe=558363A0

Quite a few change for Fermanagh is recent years. Not too bad.

• Advertisement

TaosHum wrote: »
    Carlow Away

B-pOZeIWkAAmG0A.jpg:large

Wowful sponsor logo!

statto25 wrote: »
    That's all dependant on O'Neills selling it to the shops at a reduced rate. They also sell the product themselves so would have to reduce their prices also.... Anyway, have Intersport Elverys definitely been put in place?

I have heard Elvery's have got it. But it must be the championship before they will bring out the new jersey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭statto25

Christ that sponsor looks rotten. I like the template though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,327 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I think the Skoda sponsored jersey was nicer based on that photo.

If the band on the Skoda shirt didn't loop around the badge then it was a winner.

I think the Skoda sponsored jersey was nicer based on that photo.

Wasnt gone on the hoop on the current jersey and felt that the extra trimming was unneccessary. This shirt is consistent pattern wise at the very least and the same for the Kilkenny shirt. Surprised Mayo didnt go for something similar.

On a side note, why did the Intersport brand disappear in Ireland does anybody know? I can only assume they are an international franchise with the Irish licence owned by Elverys?

I think the reason you gave there sounds plausible. More brand recognition for Elverys that way rather than appearing as a sub-brand.

I think the reason you gave there sounds plausible. More brand recognition for Elverys that way rather than appearing as a sub-brand.

The Intersport brand had totally disappeared but perhaps due to their name reemerging internationally (via the Marseille shirts, etc) im guessing that perhaps Elverys felt it was time to reintroduce them to the Irish market to boost their own coffers. Competition in the sports shop markets is quite intense id imagine and especially with competition from the internet nowadays

• Advertisement

statto25 wrote: »

The band is wowful. No need for the fadded poka dots. It would have been a nicer jersey expect for that. On Pre-sale now on O'Neills along with the new Kilkenny jersey which is for sale.

Brought back the band on the back of the jersey though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,327 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I was just looking at some of the new jerseys on the O'Neills website. And I noticed that you can get up to 7XL in size!!!! WTF??? :eek:

I was just looking at some of the new jerseys on the O'Neills website. And I noticed that you can get up to 7XL in size!!!! WTF??? :eek:

Must be a growing market in the US for inter county jersies amongst the Homer Simpson wannabees :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

http://www.thegaastore.com/Images/Models/150/11325.jpg

The McKeever version of the Carlow jersey on Th GAA store. Much niver than the official one!

Im assuming this will be released soon. More than likely a change shirt for both the regular goalkeeper and outfield shirts akin to the last two navy shirts

985582.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭thesultan

Don't like it. Why don't the Tipp goalie where the same shorts and socks as the outfield players?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭dcrosskid

Don't like it either, why did they think the white and blue diagonal stripes was a good idea? It was hard to make a balls of that jersey but they managed it. There is the makings of a smashing jersey with those colours and simple design but once again it was ruined with someone overdoing it.

thesultan wrote: »
    Don't like it. Why don't the Tipp goalie where the same shorts and socks as the outfield players?
    dcrosskid wrote: »
    Don't like it either, why did they think the white and blue diagonal stripes was a good idea? It was hard to make a balls of that jersey but they managed it. There is the makings of a smashing jersey with those colours and simple design but once again it was ruined with someone overdoing it.

Hard to disagree with you lads. Too many aysmetric kids working in GAA kits design these times who seem to know little or nothing about the games and their traditions

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Hard to disagree with you lads. Too many aysmetric kids working in GAA kits design these times who seem to know little or nothing about the games and their traditions

What an utterly ridiculous thing to say.

You can incorporate the games and traditions into a jersey but how else would a lack of knowledge impact so badly on designing a sports jersey/kit? Even taking that to one side, congrats on then completely blaming it on a younger generation

• Advertisement

D'Agger wrote: »
    What an utterly ridiculous thing to say.

You can incorporate the games and traditions into a jersey but how else would a lack of knowledge impact so badly on designing a sports jersey/kit? Even taking that to one side, congrats on then completely blaming it on a younger generation

Jeez sound of you thanks :)

Advertisement