Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Jerseys 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

That would be my reckoning. Extra bit of material for fattys.

The ironic thing there is that Colin Fennelly looks very slim and athletic and Paul Murphy looks very chunky (both exceptional players i might add)

That's only cos Paul is wearing a tight top. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

There was a time when O'Neill's never put a collar on a jersey for some reason...now they've gone a bit OTT in the other direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭EIRE1922

Well there are two different jerseys. No, not a big difference. 11 stripes and opposed to 9 stripes at the front. Paul's I reckon might be the players jersey. Numbered and is more tight fitting. Eoin's and Colin's might be the fans replica. So fans get an extra two stripes maybe?

• Advertisement

Paul is more muscular than Colin. Not seen the back of the jersey yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭kilkenny12

KK jersey quare nice! Be nicer if the collar was black but tis lovely anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Were the new jerseys in short supply or something.... why are Jackie and Joey wearing the old jersey?

Were the new jerseys in short supply or something.... why are Jackie and Joey wearing the old jersey?

Perhaps seeing how the Kilkenny public take them first? :) Frankly id say they will sell well in the county

Perhaps seeing how the Kilkenny public take them first? :) Frankly id say they will sell well in the county

We really needed a change from the current style and I like the new jersey at first viewing.

• Advertisement

The pre 2009/2010 jerseys with the 'flare/bellbottom' sleeves were desperate when i look back. Thank god we've move to an era where athletes resemble athletes

Anyway, I have to say I really like the new KK jersey. I especially like the amber collar. It makes a refreshing change from the monotony of the last decade. Though I do have a soft spot for the shirt with the KK city crest on the sleeve.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

I'm not saying this cos I'm from tipp but I preferred the old one!
    The jersey is grand if you're a player but a tight fitting jersey without a collar makes your avg supporter carrying a few pounds too many look a mess.

There's only so much you can do with black/Amber stripes I suppose.

There's a great pic of an obese lad bursting out of an old tipp colour jersey and a green helmet....some fat you can't hide, collar or not;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,857 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

digzy wrote: »
    I'm not saying this cos I'm from tipp but I preferred the old one!
    The jersey is grand if you're a player but a tight fitting jersey without a collar makes your avg supporter carrying a few pounds too many look a mess.

There's only so much you can do with black/Amber stripes I suppose.

There's a great pic of an obese lad bursting out of an old tipp colour jersey and a green helmet....some fat you can't hide, collar or not;)
    Well the tight fit isn't a problem because they'll always sell a loose fit version for fans. Our club have a set of player fit and some of the actual players refuse to play in them if at all possible. Which points towards a fitness issue...personally I'd wear them outside of match days in July, just after Christmas I'd probably find something with a little more breathing room...

I agree the collar thing does no favours to a big fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭me89

EIRE1922 wrote: »
    Paul is more muscular than Colin. Not seen the back of the jersey yet.

Back of the jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Clare in Exile

Just wondering if there is any word yet on the new Clare jersey? Hopefully it will be a return to a full blue hoop around the middle, with a round collar as well.

I have to say that the Kilkenny jersey is interesting, a big departure from previous ones.

me89 wrote: »
    Back of the jersey

I'm guessing that is the back of the 'player's fit' (i.e. tight fit) jersey?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

Is it a different material? Looks a little but more 'matte'. Or maybe it is just the shade of yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lizzyod

new kilkenny jersey looking pretty sharp

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

lizzyod wrote: »
    new kilkenny jersey looking pretty sharp

I think it looks the Same as the old one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,462 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The person that mentioned Tipperary changing sponsor was spot on I'd say.

All Skoda branded Tipperary GAA gear is 50% off now on the website.

https://tipperary.gaa.ie/shop/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

It was announced that Skoda were ceasing their sponsoship

When will the new sponsor be in place? Would be nice if they changed shirts to the Kerry template. Current Tipp shirt is a monstrosity

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

Announcement to be made about new tipp sponsor next Monday or Tuesday and will be in place for the Galway match next weekend.rumour has it that its intersport/elverys

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

reason for the amber id say is fennelly is probably caue the shirt fennely is wearing is a size up, would make sense cause hes taller, our school jerseys were striped and they were like that, the large had half a stripe extra than the medium, its cause the design thats screenprinted is the same size on the fabric each time but the amount of fabric cut is less for the smaller sizes

Announcement to be made about new tipp sponsor next Monday or Tuesday and will be in place for the Galway match next weekend.rumour has it that its intersport/elverys

Elverys Sport are the new Tipperary sponsor. They should give fans a discount on the new jersey as they only had the other for a year.

Depp wrote: »
    reason for the amber id say is fennelly is probably caue the shirt fennely is wearing is a size up, would make sense cause hes taller, our school jerseys were striped and they were like that, the large had half a stripe extra than the medium, its cause the design thats screenprinted is the same size on the fabric each time but the amount of fabric cut is less for the smaller sizes

All the numbered jersey's worn against Cork were the same. 11 stripes at the front & back. Possibly the fan replic has only the 9 stripes. Otherwise they were probably just sample jerseys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭statto25

Elverys Sport are the new Tipperary sponsor. They should give fans a discount on the new jersey as they only had the other for a year.

It's hardly Elverys fault Skoda pulled out... So why should they offer a discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,857 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

They should get their money back because that jersey was rotten.

• Advertisement

O'Neills make and retail the jerseys through the sports shops. They can offer it at a reduced price like they do in the North.

Advertisement