Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U-16 GAA match abandoned over alleged racist abuse ( WHAT A DISGRACE!! )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

The Word was NAGGER

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I dunno what to do with the amount of pure detailed information in that article!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

I heard about this from my Niece. Fair play to the manager for taking the team off the pitch and bringing attention to the issue. The GAA should come down hard on racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,414 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Karl Stein wrote: »
    I heard about this from my Niece. Fair play to the manager for taking the team off the pitch and bringing attention to the issue. The GAA should come down hard on racism.

Fair Play to the young fella for standing up to it as well,a lot goes unreported I'd imagine.

• Advertisement

Karl Stein wrote: »
    From the sounds of it he left it a bit late to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/u16-gaa-match-abandoned-over-alleged-racist-abuse-30660129.html

> Player racially abused was basically the star performer of the team ( clann na ngael )
    > The opposition saw that he was a major threat as he had been scoring all of the teams points and dominating the game
    > Player racially abused was annoyed and furiously hurt in the match by the opposing team and had enough of his markers 'BS'.
    > Victim of racism had enough and got sent off
    > Team pulled away

It's a disgrace, LuckyDude.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Breeding the scumbags of tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Goooood aftanoon Madaaam, I am calling from your GAA club

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Team is losing
    Star player gets sent off
    Player says it is "racism"
    Coach sees chance to get a replay and pulls team from game.

Not saying this is true, but it is exactly what the other team will be claiming.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Laois6556

I think we'll have to wait to see if there's any truth to the allegation. The team were losing before they walked off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Would they have walked if they were up by 6 points ? Probably not .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

They were losing and the best player got sent off

This better not be a ploy to get a replay or the next time a claim will just be seen as tactics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

The GAA will excuse their way out of this, or more than likely say nothing, as we all know nothing happened.
    But we all know what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

diomed wrote: »
    The GAA will excuse their way out of this, or more than likely say nothing, as we all know nothing happened.

Why do you make that out?

They have banned players for racism before:
    http://www.joe.ie/gaa/wexford-gaa-hand-out-bans-to-players-for-racism-towards-county-star/37326

They obviously should do more as such actions cannot go unpunished, but that is often the case for all sporting organisations unless it is a high profile case.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

It's a disgrace, LuckyDude.

An alleged disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Ronin247 wrote: »
    Team is losing
    Star player gets sent off
    Player says it is "racism"
    Coach sees chance to get a replay and pulls team from game.

Not saying this is true, but it is exactly what the other team will be claiming.

Just slyly implying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,414 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Turtyturd wrote: »
    An alleged disgrace.

Doubt the young fella would make a false allegation in fairness.They've also made a complaint which suggests there is something to it.

Curiously there is a lot of cynicism in this case as opposed to the normal hanging brigade?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

diomed wrote: »

Except we don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

The GAA is rife with racism just like many sectors of Irish society. How many black Gardaí do you see for example?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The GAA is rife with racism just like many sectors of Irish society. How many black Gardaí do you see for example?

Were getting to desperation at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

Ireland comes out quite favourably in terms of tolerance and inclusion in comparison to other nations....3rd in the world in fact!

http://www.socialprogressimperative.org/en/data/spi/components/com11#data_table/countries/com11/

So yeah, we could do better but we're by no means 'rife with racism'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

The ratio of black people to white people overwhelmingly has whites as the majority. By the law of averages most most Gardaí are obviously going to be white.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

How many black Gardaí do you see for example?

Rhetorical eh, seven?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

Goooood aftanoon Madaaam, I am calling from your GAA club

WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sammy37

Thats just rubbish and you know it and all you want is to have a go at the gaa.Having worked away myself i find ireland a very tolerant country compared to others. We of course have racism here but nowhere on the scale of being rife you are on about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

How is that even a comparison, how many white irish cops do you see in Uganda or Nigeria,
    (not the same I know, but if we're going to be throwing out random statements such as yours, I'd like to get in on the act too)

We seem to be fairly tolerant in welcoming other nationalities to our shores, sure you'll have the odd idiot who will take exception, but they're very much in the minority

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

whupdedo wrote: »
    We seem to be fairly tolerant in welcoming other nationalities to our shores, sure you'll have the odd idiot who will take exception, but they're very much in the minority

indeed, i believe we are one of the most open and tolerant countries in the world.

we do unfortunately have a portion of our population that are scum and occasionally they will attack people from other backgrounds. these people are not racists, they are just ignorent f*cks who dont really care where a person is from, they just use it as another reason to insult somebody.

in ireland i believe we are more prejudice towards our "own" than anybody else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

anncoates wrote: »
    Just slyly implying it.

it's only fair to question it.
    We can't just rush in gung ho at any allegation.
    It need to be investigated and part of that it to question the (if any) motive of the compliant

What a stupid comment. How many do you want?

http://www.integration.ie/website/omi/omiwebv6.nsf/page/managingdiversity-policeinitiatives-en

quite a diverse force we have . Even better when you count the reserve.
    Plenty of africans represented there

Non-Irish national members of the Force

The recruitment of full-time Gardaí is governed by the Garda Síochána (Admissions and Appointments) Regulations 1988. In 2005, the regulations were amended to facilitate greater diversity in the membership of the Garda Síochána. Recruitment of foreign nationals was made easier by modifying the requirement to have Leaving Certificate qualifications in both English and Irish. Recruits now only require the equivalent of a Leaving Certificate qualification in either language. In addition to EU, EEA and Swiss nationals, recruitment is also now open to non-European nationals who have resided in Ireland for five years. The number of non-Irish national full-time trainees and full-time attested members of the Force are as follows:

South Africa 1
    USA 6
    Canada 1
    China 20
    Denmark 1
    Holland 1
    Poland 9
    Romania 2
    Lithuania 1
    Bosnia 1
    Germany 2
    TOTAL (at 12/06/09) 46

Garda (Police) Reserve

[/B]There are currently (May 2014) 72 non-Irish nationals in the Garda (Police) Reserve. The total force is 1,294 . These members are from 25 countries - Albania, America, Belarus, Brazil, Cameroon, China, Croatia, France, India, Italy, Iranian, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Poland, Romania, Russia, South Africa, Syrian, Ukraine and Zimbabwe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,164 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

"I hear you're a racist now, Coach?"

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Advertisement