Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standing up to teachers

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Don't sweat it bro. ;) The Italians built the leaning Eiffel tower and it's only because they didn't listen that it has been such a success for Paris :cool:

Sometimes being wrong is more right than all the people shouting at you :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Gordon Minard

You'd want to see the way we were treated!

My father worked for the council and I was told, every day, in a condescending manner not to worry about school but to "learn how to lean on a shovel"

Did a lot of damage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭dont bother

seriously OP, i had the same thing as you when i was in school, actually in 5th year to be precise... the reason i got it though, was what you envisage as your solution "by standing up" for myself.

since the age of 4 or 5 i never saw adults as people that were better than me, and i had it tough because of that ALL through school right up until after i finished the leaving.

some teachers just like the power trip, they didnt like me at all- not one of them did, because i used to be "cheeky" (or looking back now, i used to speak to them like they were my equals, not superiors).

if you want to get at her, the best revenge would be to speak to her like she's a mate, not as a superior. if you know for a fact she is being out of line, just say it, like you would to a mate "eh, sorry there (whatever her first name is), you're being out of line, and a bit personal there, so kindly back the fook off"... something along those lines.

or just wait until your finished in the school and then trash her room on the last day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Treat it like a learning experience for life because that is what it is.

You will work for somebody who you don't like, you will encounter people in power who you don't agree with and being honest, you sometimes have to keep the gob shut and get on with it. Life isn't fair and the sooner you realise that, the sooner you can get on with enjoying life.

I had bosses who were absolute a$sholes but thats life. I would have loved to stand up to them but it would have hampered my career. You have to pick and choose your fights and sometimes its better to tow the line and accept a situation than to make a stand and just make it worse.

I am not saying lie down, but think carefully before you react and weigh up whether its worth it for what it will attain; and always fight your case when you are calm and not wound up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

seriously OP, i had the same thing as you when i was in school, actually in 5th year to be precise... the reason i got it though, was what you envisage as your solution "by standing up" for myself.

since the age of 4 or 5 i never saw adults as people that were better than me, and i had it tough because of that ALL through school right up until after i finished the leaving.

some teachers just like the power trip, they didnt like me at all- not one of them did, because i used to be "cheeky" (or looking back now, i used to speak to them like they were my equals, not superiors).

if you want to get at her, the best revenge would be to speak to her like she's a mate, not as a superior. if you know for a fact she is being out of line, just say it, like you would to a mate "eh, sorry there (whatever her first name is), you're being out of line, and a bit personal there, so kindly back the fook off"... something along those lines.

or just wait until your finished in the school and then trash her room on the last day.

And while he's doing that he could stop persistently talking in her class and let everyone get on with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement