Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Ascot

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

Smullen seemed to think high numbers on the stand side fresh strip would have the advantage.
    Will do r/f Gordon & Marrek .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

PP server overloaded! FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 16,461 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Awful start cost Maarek a chance at competing.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

Awful start cost Maarek a chance at competing.
    Absolutely , would have been second at least .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Finished with Chiquita this bad run won't end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Chiquita is some monkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Chiquita is some monkey.

Absolute head case the filly is, shes a class above that field but threw away the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Chiquita is some monkey.

Not one for giving out about jockeys but Joey went far to early there, he did far too much going around the final bend..

• Registered Users Posts: 35,882 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Caution ew in 3.15
    I think it can place here 14-1

I'll go with Captain Cat 3.30 holding up in this ground should give it a hood place chance at finish
    14 ew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

custom cut ew for me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Shocker from Hughes imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

You wonder is Elliot sneaking the snake with Chicago grey

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

First time poster here lads enjoy the threads on racing,they are a lot more uplifting than the Waterford GAA thread at the minute. Think Roalco Des Farges might outrun his odds in the 3.45 at Cheltenham.The trip is more suitabe than his last two runs

great first post, well done

Noble Mission what a fighter !!!

Noble Mission what a fighter !!!

Absolutely. He really is a game game horse. Got me out of a hole there had Al Kazeem each way too, 25/1 how on earth was he that big.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Does Australia win that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Does Australia win that?
    They'd never meet on that ground. He beat the 2nd here 6 3/4 l in the Irish Champion.

The winner is an improver, bit surprised ( not really ) he had the stamina to hold on when he got caught.

Tar Isteach 5.25 ew 20-1
    Me like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Regarding Chicquita, that is the first time in a post race description I've seen 'threw it away'. Though she did run into a bush when about to win a Chantilly maiden last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

I have no fewer than four horses from my tracker running today. Le Bec could prove a cut above these despite his mark of 149 and can take this before going on to better things.

Badly out of own, Ask Dad is extremely well handicapped based on some form in England but even on Irish form earlier in the year. He's worth a small chance at Cork over his preferred trip and a good draw at 25/1

Leading Light was disappointing I knew I was giving too much credit to a heavy ground maiden win. Ask Dad placed at 25:1 he could strike soon one to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Gringo180 wrote: »
    On another note how on earth is Top Notch Tonto 10/1. Handicapper is all he is, should be at least 25s:eek:
    Only 25/1 well done.

tryfix wrote: »
    They'd never meet on that ground. He beat the 2nd here 6 3/4 l in the Irish Champion.

To be fair to Al Kazeem he has improved a good few pounds since Leopardstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Gringo180 wrote: »
    To be fair to Al Kazeem he has improved a good few pounds since Leopardstown.

And he's probably better going right-handed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

And he's probably better going right-handed.
    It's very soft ground form not to be taken as anything else. Al Kazeem is a notably big strong horse that ploughs through the soft ground and Noble Mission to my eyes on his physical appearance today looks to NOW be even more muscular than Al Kazeem.

Noble Mission's barely lasting home ahead of the 100 rated Euphresia ( a horse who's been thrashed twice on similar ground since ) in the Tattersalls and a few other of his good but not great GP1 wins in the mud make it hard to rate him too highly. Which is why it's surprising that Al Kazeem didn't outstay him to the line.

In fairness, it was a fast time on the ground compared to the other races.

Give us a reason 11-2 8.15
    me like

Perserverent Pete 18-1 8.45 ew
    Ran well 2 back over distance, can do well off a good draw.

Quite fancy Avidly in the 8:45. Way down in the ratings after going very close in a few maidens. Switched over to Wolverhampton tapeta, this may very well go close today. 12/1 e/w shot.

Quite fancy Avidly in the 8:45. Way down in the ratings after going very close in a few maidens. Switched over to Wolverhampton tapeta, this may very well go close today. 12/1 e/w shot.
    Not even put into the race. Will win one soon enough though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement