Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alien behaviour

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I work with a lady who will only drink room temperature water because cold water is bad for you/causes cancer.

She is however a lady whose facebook page is littered with stuff like pictures of people with onions tied to their feet etc so I'm not surprised really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

A guy I work with pulls his pants down to take a pee at the urinal. He stands there with his trousers round his knees and his big hairy arse out for all to see. He's in his late 30s, is married with kids, and seems to be a perfectly functional member of society. Apart from this completely bizarre bathroom ritual.

Is his name Butters?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Birneybau wrote: »
    There's a guy in work that, every day, pops into the tea station, fills a plastic cup of water with boiling water and gulps it back.

People that travel sometimes do this. They cant get tea and it ensures the water is clean. My sister got a taste for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I have a friend who enjoys the odd half-gallon of Guinness. The same fella is English and has one lung. Or so he says, personally I think the "V" are very real and walking among us. He gets his pint, leaves it on the counter for a full twenty minutes or more until it's at room-temperature and flat and hideous as anything, then drops the whole thing with one gulp. It's fascinating and horrifying at the same time! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,015 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Drinking boiling water is not necessarily an indicator. Not freaking out immediately afterwards is. Try it. If it doesn't make you repeatedly suck air inwards for a relatively long time, you may well be.

Boiling, thick, soup from a mug is a better test. Do not, as a matter of course, wake a friend up from a deep sleep, put a mug of boiling, thick soup into their hand and say 'Drink this!'.

Boiling = 100 degrees C. It burns, the gob, like fcuk!

Alien-like behaviour might result, but that is not a reliable indicator.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
Advertisement