Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alien behaviour

Options
  • 15-10-2014 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭

There's a guy in work that, every day, pops into the tea station, fills a plastic cup of water with boiling water and gulps it back.

Another time, at a work lunch, a guy ordered the calamari, when it arrived he threw the slice of lemon straight in his mouth and chewed away on it.

These two just remind me of what an alien, who was trying to fit in and got it slightly wrong, would do.

Have you noticed other 'people' doing things slightly off that fit the above description?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭weemcd

I'd have more chance of finding common ground with an alien than a middle aged Irish/English woman.

Spawn of Satan, they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

weemcd wrote: »
    I'd have more chance of finding common ground with an alien than a middle aged Irish/English woman.

Spawn of Satan, they are.

Jayses that was fast :eek:

*Anyway, my daughter dips Maccy D's chips into her milkshake.
    Shes 30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Calamari is alien to us common 5/8s.

We call it squid.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Putting milk in the cup before pouring the tea. I mean, WTF, who does that?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

seamus wrote: »
    More importantly how do they hold their little finger ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Left handed people, it's not right.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Holding hands to exchange long protein strands is a definite sign.

Chucken wrote: »

Shes 30.

Well. There once was a wee man called Señor Fancy Pants. The other day Señor Fancy Pants brought me to a drive thru McDonalds. I had a caramel sundae. He had chips. He told me to take one of his chips and dip it into my caramel sundae. So I did.

It's. Bleedin'. Delish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Or putting milk into the bowl before cereal!! Heathens!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Shes 30.

I still do that or into a mcflurry.
    I'm 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭wiseoldelf34

people getting into debt for 40 years to own bricks and mortar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Jesus, most of the country must be aliens...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

This isn't about boring things.

Anyway, I warm up really quickly when walking and it's not unknown for me to walk home in the freezing cold in a T-shirt.

Get some strange looks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

All of my t-shirts have shrunk and now when I wear them people shout at me cos they think I'm wearing a tank-top, but I like my t-shirts and I won't stop wearing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Nabber wrote: »
    Left handed people, it's not right.....

If the left side of your brain controls the right side of your body, and the right side of your brain controls the left side of your body, then left-handed people must be the only ones in their right minds
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Shes 30.

I still do that from time to time. It's unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

My da, a common breakfast meal is.

Toast, slathered with butter, strawberry jam, peanut butter AND a sunny side up fried egg on top.
    ___

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Shes 30.

I dip my chips into my caramel sundae all the time. People judge me....until the try it. Unreal!!

A friend of mine dips his battered sausage into his milkshake. THAT'S wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I dip sausages in marmalade.

'Slovely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I know someone who eats the orange skin of the orange and and they also eat all the shrimp, every bit of it on the plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

He told me to take one of his chips and dip it into my caramel sundae.

Please tell me that's not a euphemism.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Well. There once was a wee man called Señor Fancy Pants. The other day Señor Fancy Pants brought me to a drive thru McDonalds. I had a caramel sundae. He had chips. He told me to take one of his chips and dip it into my caramel sundae. So I did.

It's. Bleedin'. Delish.
    I still do that or into a mcflurry.
    I'm 25.
    El Guapo! wrote: »
    I still do that from time to time. It's unreal!
    I dip my chips into my caramel sundae all the time. People judge me....until the try it. Unreal!!

A friend of mine dips his battered sausage into his milkshake. THAT'S wrong.

4 aliens and a fancypants. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Birneybau wrote: »
    This isn't about boring things.

Anyway, I warm up really quickly when walking and it's not unknown for me to walk home in the freezing cold in a T-shirt.

Get some strange looks.

Recently, I was leaving work on my bike when I noticed somebody walking up the driveway to one of the other factories. It was raining and windy, and this lad was wearing a t-shirt, even though he was carrying a jacket.

I was freezing!

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

There's a guy in work that, every day, pops into the tea station, fills a plastic cup of water with boiling water and gulps it back.

Boiling water(slightly cooled) is excellent for people with digestive problems, when I was preggie could not take meds and dr told me to take cooled boiled water every day

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭my teapot is orange

There's this free vending machine thing at work that serves you little cups of whatever you want tea, coffee, juice, water etc. Anyway, one option is hot water for some reason, and it's a very common request when I do the drinks round.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

There's this free vending machine thing at work that serves you little cups of whatever you want tea, coffee, juice, water etc. Anyway, one option is hot water for some reason, and it's a very common request when I do the drinks round.

Aye, with the water charges coming in, you'll find that on the rise. People will be bringing in a bar of soap and having a quick wash at the desk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

I know these 'people' who send their 4-year-old to an education camp, for a number of hours, five days out of every seven.

Bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Lalealea

Another time, at a work lunch, a guy ordered the calamari, when it arrived he threw the slice of lemon straight in his mouth and chewed away on it.

These two just remind me of what an alien, who was trying to fit in and got it slightly wrong, would do.

Have you noticed other 'people' doing things slightly off that fit the above description?

I also drink hot water and I like eating Lemon.

I am a fairy RPGing in human world. I celebrate it :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

A guy I work with pulls his pants down to take a pee at the urinal. He stands there with his trousers round his knees and his big hairy arse out for all to see. He's in his late 30s, is married with kids, and seems to be a perfectly functional member of society. Apart from this completely bizarre bathroom ritual.

Advertisement