Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I dont celebrate my birthday

Options
  • 15-10-2014 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I got to thinking, am I truly the only person who finds celebrating my own birthday a pain in the butt. I find it all such a drag, every year I do a list of presents I want or need, nothing special now, bubble bath, socks, maybe a pair of gloves or perfume, so that my husband and daughter can choose something from the list. but oh no they always go off list and buy me something crap, every year its the same. So this year I have decided no birthday for me. no presents and no cake. I feel better all ready. Ever since I was a child celebrating my birthday has always been a total let down. and don't get me started on xmas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

Haven't since was teen. It doesn't mean anything to me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Thinly veiled "I'm a miserable cunt" thread

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Joe Duffy..

Your mighty craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Be grateful you even have someone giving a shít about you on your birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

I was born in Smarch.
    So when they did away with that month I've never celebrated my birthday since.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Could have told me before I placed that order!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,556 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Become a Jehovah's Witness and never worry about it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

I was born in Smarch.

Typical Smarch weather

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

cheer up you are one year closer to the grave

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I got to thinking, am I truly the only person who finds celebrating my own birthday a pain in the butt. I find it all such a drag, every year I do a list of presents I want or need, nothing special now, bubble bath, socks, maybe a pair of gloves or perfume, so that my husband and daughter can choose something from the list. but oh no they always go off list and buy me something crap, every year its the same. So this year I have decided no birthday for me. no presents and no cake. I feel better all ready. Ever since I was a child celebrating my birthday has always been a total let down. and don't get me started on xmas.

I see their plan has worked - buy her shíte gifts until she's had enough, then no more gift purchases! Christmas is next on their list.

Seriously though as Duggy has already posted:
    Be grateful you even have someone giving a shít about you on your birthday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,560 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I was born in Smarch.

Beware the Snides of Smarch.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

o1s1n wrote: »

Why?do you stop getting older?

Master of the Universe

kneemos wrote: »
    Why?do you stop getting older?

They're miserable feckers like the OP and don't celebrate birthdays :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I don't either. Just can't be bothered with the fuss. I will however buy myself a nice bottle of vodka or whiskey. My other half has tried a couple of times to celebrate it and seems to have now given up.

Make a list of presents with just 'One 4 All' voucheer on it.

It's like free money.

Do you like free money, OP?

Master of the Universe

Make a list of presents with just 'One 4 All' voucheer on it.

It's like free money.

Do you like free money, OP?

I never understood the point of vouchers as a gift. They're the laziest thing ever.

You're basically giving the person money which has a limit on where they can spend it.

Why not just give them money which they can spend anywhere?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

I was born in Smarch.

I know how you feel
    I was born on the 31st of June

I never understood the point of vouchers as a gift. They're the laziest thing ever.

You're basically giving the person money which has a limit on where they can spend it.

Why not just give them money which they can spend anywhere?

They were invented so people could give money while feeling like they actually went out shopping for a present by buying a voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Don't go out of my way to celebrate it but don't avoid it either tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Ruu wrote: »
    Could have told me before I placed that order!

Mine is a few weeks. I'll have his!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I don't do anything special for my birthday, just going out for dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

I love my birthday :) I love other giving presents more than getting presents, but when it's your birthday it's nice that people sing happy birthday, you all have some tea and cake and you're surrounded by people who care about you. It's always been a big deal in my family, everyone is made to feel special and loved, more so than a regular day. Great excuse to have a get together or a party too, not that you should need an excuse, but I feel people make the effort to be there on your birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

My birthday is Christmas eve so it is not celebrated as such. We already are celebrating my birthday just happens to be there as well.
    Sucked for presents when i was a kid tho. "We already got you this so just wait until tomorrow"
    YOU WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW MOM!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

My birthday today :) . I don't really celebrate it either atm

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i agree

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I stopped celebrating my birthday and ignoring the occasion over 25 years ago as a result I'm still only 17 years old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

I think the whole birthday bash thing to be completely narcissistic.

Get over yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Or embrace Jebus as your personal Lord and saviour.

You'll be born again and get an extra birthday. You can celebrate one and ignore the other. Best of both worlds.

Bonus: Because you'll have been born again, you'll have two bellybuttons. That would be cool, and would be an interesting conversation topic at dinner parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭endacl

On a more serious note I suppose, if you don't care about it, ignore it. You did care enough about it to open a thread on here though. *

* not that that means anything. We did have somebody open a thread about arse shaving....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Do you want us to throw you some kind of celebration because you don't celebrate your birthday?

Advertisement