Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

I'll watch kilkenny in mid January.

Don't forget your extension ladder and maybe a wire cutters if you're coming down. :D

The one huge huge set back they have and thankfully our weakest aera is now there's is full back where the majestic the brilliant the greatest ever ever full back I saw is huge loss to them and he was hurler but a full back that man and ball never together passed him,and he rightfully so at all costs stopped goal

Huge huge loss and they will struggle to fill it as glynn UCC not the answer and holden may be with ballyhale but last year they in league struggle to solve it
    Cork have chance now he's gone huge huge chance but having said that Brian Cody won't piss sway threw years playing corner backs as full so unlike cork he'll have full back by time year ends
    Cork had great full backs but I must offer my best wishes to that kilkenny legends who had balls steel ,hunger,want,dog,leadership. Courage. A real hurling brain and hurling on either side, but a sheer admirable greedy selfish streak like all kilkenny players to always keep winning and the want more.
    I wish jj nothing but the best and he was truly a legend at half back or full
    He will be like Brian o driscoll in rugby you find replacement but no one will ever come close them he was that that brilliant.

That was a nice tribute. Fair dues. I'd be surprised if either of the two gents you mentioned will fill the gap based on what I saw in the KK championship this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Richmond I agree to a point about too much training too much but imo it'd all about peaking certain times
    As for Waterford I'm nit sure what there doing I don't rate the current set up management wise as a threat so I'm not too bothered what Waterford do this time of the year
    The current management set up is a shambles so I know enough

Clare are not training the last eight weeks???are they most four or five.
    Clare are getting serious and rightfully so regards the league as they need to stay up and it's hugely competitive
    Clare will peak at times training in key games and then tone it down in for limerick and peak for limerick again

Cork should be training ist touch and high intensity in we have kilkenny and dublin and clare up first. And then ease off a bit and taper and then train for league knock out

Waterford won't need to be high intensity so getting to munster final to me is key but not essential to win it's from quatre final on they start real work so can peak and tailor training according so cork wont have train for eight months high intense solid etc so it's incorrect to say cork can train in January in we need start now with kilkenny on the horizon.
    Kilkenny always training early and intense so I don't think cork shouldn't train hard now in January. Fao cork double
    You asked me who minors coach cork
    I'm man my word, told you I'd let you know
    Dwyer is taking it on like I said few weeks ago unless it unlikely changes.
    Ring did look at other options but dwyer is the man and a brilliant coach.He be fine.

Huge breaking news I had regards cork gaa said last week. is on three fronts

One is top top coach going to top wexford club in hurling
    Another cork club getting major coup major coup
    And another cork club after making huge progress if true making poor choice of manager imo that could set them back hugely.
    Kilbrin it is uncertain in sean o gorman may stay on

Johnny Keane meant to be but Churchtown after him also.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Richmond I agree to a point about too much training too much but imo it'd all about peaking certain times
    As for Waterford I'm nit sure what there doing I don't rate the current set up management wise as a threat so I'm not too bothered what Waterford do this time of the year
    The current management set up is a shambles so I know enough

Clare are not training the last eight weeks???are they most four or five.
    Clare are getting serious and rightfully so regards the league as they need to stay up and it's hugely competitive
    Clare will peak at times training in key games and then tone it down in for limerick and peak for limerick again

Well i was talking to members of the Waterford county board and they were saying all the lads seem to do is running and tippy tappy hurling yet can't pass the ball 40 yards to another player on the run.

The Clare lads have been on the go since early October so that is coming up to about eight weeks.

Well i was talking to members of the Waterford county board and they were saying all the lads seem to do is running and tippy tappy hurling yet can't pass the ball 40 yards to another player on the run.

The Clare lads have been on the go since early October so that is coming up to about eight weeks.
    Gym programmes yeah but as a group no not eight weeks

I doubt it very much

Cork simply can ill afford to wait til January to do ball work
    Were not playing Waterford

Were playing kilkenny
    There not come to cork and gave us valentines cards
    There coming to win that simple really and truly let's be honest
    Cody wants beat jbm championship only manager beat him twice remain unbeaten

He will start with the league
    And he will see cork as a threat more so than tipp who he has their number and limerick he won't also
    Dublin he will see as threat and clare

With greatest respect to Waterford their county board are hardly the epitomising of leadership or articulate hurling understanding that cork needs to gain advice from

• Advertisement

citykat wrote: »
    Don't forget your extension ladder and maybe a wire cutters if you're coming down. :D

That was a nice tribute. Fair dues. I'd be surprised if either of the two gents you mentioned will fill the gap based on what I saw in the KK championship this year.
    I always judge on face value
    I don't let emotional tendency cloud realism

He was greatest ever full back an absolute legend of a player
    If cork had half as good him next year we could win an all Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 8 top of the river

Were playing kilkenny

And he will see cork as a threat more so than tipp who he has their number and limerick he won't also

Is this your opinion or are you posting on behalf of Brian Cody

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭It makes sense

Seventh real problem midelton is coaching is in that's why their out.
    I don't blame players.
    Mistakes made v Hamilton were not rectified it seems.
    Ronan dayne current cork intermediate manager was in charge team for midelton
    I had thought Sean hurley was the manager but dayne is manager.

Dwayne is great hurling man but he's tactical nous and team selection at carrigtohill and other teams is poor and imo they should have new management next year as this team imo had talent but as I clearly said team picked was incorrect
    Dwayne has some success in schools and done great work no doubt but elite level record is poor.
    I'd agree orizo.

Niall Mccarthy coaching them and he's good and there fit but the problem is Dwayne game management imo and I'd be slow to doubt these players or questions character now as I think they have huge character and talent but every team needs great coaching and looking at team started management made mistakes not players.

It's ironic in brilliant management alwuin kearney and Tim Collins got match up spot on Saturday but they lost exceptional good counsel extra time in game I couldn't call yet against good nenagh hardly great with respect yet with so much talent they loose imo it's poor management

This Is not been wise after but dayne record is poor success wise in coaching

Huge huge set back for school but if kearney and Collins with niall mac take over harty next year dean Ryan cup team next two years can win harty.
    It won't win under current management imo.
    And today was a disaster for team so much talent that could went long way imo.
    This group won all way up age groups so common demoaitor is management imo.

I had said my preview danger men were hayden and cahalan among others and they got two goals.
    Surely management knew bout these players and midelton had top defender to mark them.

Very noticeable as well no subs were used by midelton.
    The midelton hurlers started every one is fine hurlers no doubt question is though some opponents were so good would required certain strengths to mark them, not there poor hurlers no, just you do horses for course scenario

It seems Brenda maccarthy. Looney and cahill were good so cork hurlers were fine just most not gotten out of team as whole imo that happens usually management are to blame imo.

It now appears killian Tracey was corner back and ed leahy at midfield
    Imo these two with mcdonnell brilliant hurlers played out of position
    Mcdonnell should been left half back
    Leahy in the corner with Tracey in the middle
    And It seems beusang was quite up front from play.
    He should imo been half forward
    Having him and looney in same unit with dunne imo wasn't correct balance.

It's a pity midelton are out in looney 1-13 from play in the harty cup in four games, three yesterday has lightened up harty like I said he would and it's a shame him, cahill etc are not in knock out hurling.

These lads some of them would won rice cup and white cups etc.

Would agree that the management have a lot to answer for especially for not using the talent available in the squad outside the starting 15. To win Harty you need to use your panel there were at least 5/6 lads on the bench who have played with cork development squads over the last few years who were not used. It was obvious that changes were needed from the first game where their just got past Clonmel.

Were playing kilkenny

Is this your opinion or are you posting on behalf of Brian Cody

Considering jbm beat Cody twice and only manager unbeaten in championship to Cody and jbm won minor senior all Ireland and while unproven landers well regarded quite logical he'd see cork and clare with proven Davy Fitzgerald at Waterford and lit and ger cunningham proven ucc, cork twice and ballygunner I'm sure he'd fear them over tj who has no record tippeary he constantly beats In league and championship finals

Common logic imo and Cody greatest manager ever is very logical

Orizio wrote: »
    At the end of the day this Midleton group won everything underage...up to Harty. People within the school ruined the team really.

Hopefully some lads will look at how the likes of Rochestown, Hamilton etc are doing with a lot less pick wise and that will shame some people.

TBH though it wouldn't surprise me if Dwane is in charge again next year.

It's all about creating competition within the squad Midleton CBS had a great panel but the management could not see past a core group of 15-16 lads and when the pressure came on they were caught out badly, it's grand having young lads playing but you need fellows who have the physicality on a winters day to get over the line, McDonnell at centre forward for the last 2 games was never going to work, real pity for a good bunch of lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 top of the river

I wish he'd use your logic then they'd be some chance for the rest. Undoubtedly greatest manager of all time but he would never underestimate any opposition as you seem to be suggesting in the case of limerick and tipp

It's all about creating competition within the squad Midleton CBS had a great panel but the management could not see past a core group of 15-16 lads and when the pressure came on they were caught out badly, it's grand having young lads playing but you need fellows who have the physicality on a winters day to get over the line, McDonnell at centre forward for the last 2 games was never going to work, real pity for a good bunch of lads.

Great post

Said it all along mcdonnell is half back
    Management were poor.

Not Midleton CBS apparently - other Midleton schools

Midleton CBS at least regrouped to win in O Callaghan Cup today beating CSN handy

Midleton CBS V Rochestown in O Callaghan s/f for honour of playing AG in final
    a good response from Midleton missing several of the lads who played on Wednesday the extended panel showed good heart to move onto the semi -final showed the management IMO of what was available and maybe should have been used in the Harty, as your winning team is not always your so called best team on paper.

a good response from Midleton missing several of the lads who played on Wednesday the extended panel showed good heart to move onto the semi -final showed the management IMO of what was available and maybe should have been used in the Harty, as your winning team is not always your so called best team on paper.

Heart or character never in question imo

Players played out of position like Tracey at corner back, ed leahy was man start there and mcdonnell at half back with josh beusang at half forward line not in same line as looney would have won

Management failed this set up
    Niall maccarthy done great job fitness wise but tactical this side line let team down

Winning callaghan cup is worst thing for them in it will give management immunity and they will just put game down a bad day at the office typical cork same old style fail see what's so obvious

Fermoy beaten yesterday by crescent comprehensive of limerick in munster d final under sixteen so the grand slam all four was not won

crescent I -14 to fermoy 0-5
    Congratulations to the limerick school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Breadandbutter

Have you the team ?

Will you post if you have ?

It would be interesting to see the changes

Have you the team ?

Will you post if you have ?

It would be interesting to see the changes

1. Flynn 2. Sherlock 3. Smyth 4. Cash man 5. C. Beausang 6. Harrington 7. O'Connor 8. T. Mellerick 9. O'Sullivan 10. Moynihan 11. Landers 12. Denny 13. Dunne 14. G. Leahy 15. J. Beausang

Backs all worked hard as did most of the forwards scoring 3-13 on a heavy pitch and a swirling wind

1. Flynn 2. Sherlock 3. Smyth 4. Cash man 5. C. Beausang 6. Harrington 7. O'Connor 8. T. Mellerick 9. O'Sullivan 10. Moynihan 11. Landers 12. Denny 13. Dunne 14. G. Leahy 15. J. Beausang

Backs all worked hard as did most of the forwards scoring 3-13 on a heavy pitch and a swirling wind
    Good team in position but would not beaten nenagh

But Cormac beusang should started at half back v nenagh

Team beat nenagh

Was Flynn
    Mellrick
    Cahill
    Ed leahy
    Cormac beusang
    Seadna smith
    Mcdonnell
    Butty mac
    Tracey
    Gary leahy
    landers
    josh beusang
    John looney
    Billy dunne
    Moyinhan

Was that Ryan dennehy kilthea og
    Normally half back??
    Fine hurler

My team has balance pace

Key like in life is balance

Often management make crucial mistake playing players out position
    My team every player best position

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Cu Baire

I see Mullinavat of Kilkenny lost to London team today.

Can we blame poor coaching??????
    I thought they were a club we should all learn from? #Disappointed

Heart or character never in question imo

Players played out of position like Tracey at corner back, ed leahy was man start there and mcdonnell at half back with josh beusang at half forward line not in same line as looney would have won

Management failed this set up
    Niall maccarthy done great job fitness wise but tactical this side line let team down

Winning callaghan cup is worst thing for them in it will give management immunity and they will just put game down a bad day at the office typical cork same old style fail see what's so obvious

Would agree players you all mentioned are 16 all good players and three of them not selected in correct positions, it is a big ask for them management had older players many who have played with cork for the last two/three years sat on the bench, none of these apart from Beausang played on Friday and you could see the difference physically on a tough surface.

Hopefully team next year get the right set-up for this years guys the O'callaghan cup is all that is left

• Advertisement

Cu Baire wrote: »
    I see Mullinavat of Kilkenny lost to London team today.

Can we blame poor coaching??????
    I thought they were a club we should all learn from? #Disappointed
    I wasn't at game so I'd like know more

Ist leinster win unbeaten league championship thus year twenty seven out thirty one games won approx

All irelands under sixteen schools
    No poor coaching I doubt it

Away from home in UK probably must check
    Poor coaching is something you should be familiar with regard current Waterford senior hurling team
    Thanks for letting me know results had actually forget bout it
    Much appreciated

Ah yes beaten in Ruislip so probably find out lads had get straight off bus or plane and play match

That's what you call away trip ameateaur lads going work some probably had to that day

No shame in defeat

Can I also thank you for your loyalty in your following me around cork thread, limerick threads quite lot and harty cup threads quite lot recently

I do know your know your quite fond my expert knowledge your only human but you don't have to you know thanks

Would agree players you all mentioned are 16 all good players and three of them not selected in correct positions, it is a big ask for them management had older players many who have played with cork for the last two/three years sat on the bench, none of these apart from Beausang played on Friday and you could see the difference physically on a tough surface.

Hopefully team next year get the right set-up for this years guys the O'callaghan cup is all that is left
    You midelton man???
    If you don't my me asking

Good team in position but would not beaten nenagh

But Cormac beusang should started at half back v nenagh

Team beat nenagh

Was Flynn
    Mellrick
    Cahill
    Ed leahy
    Cormac beusang
    Seadna smith
    Mcdonnell
    Butty mac
    Tracey
    Gary leahy
    landers
    josh beusang
    John looney
    Billy dunne
    Moyinhan

Was that Ryan dennehy kilthea og
    Normally half back??
    Fine hurler

My team has balance pace

Key like in life is balance

Often management make crucial mistake playing players out position
    My team every player best position
    Good team would consider a few more older fellows for winter conditions but using the panel is the most important thing unlike last Wednesday no subs used when at least two/three could have been made especially with the quality on the bench mind boggling really yes that's Ryan Denny plays midfield wing forward for kiltha og

Good team would consider a few more older fellows for winter conditions but using the panel is the most important thing unlike last Wednesday no subs used when at least two/three could have been made especially with the quality on the bench mind boggling really yes that's Ryan Denny plays midfield wing forward for kiltha og
    Yeah paper mentioned they used no subs

That's classic example astute management in tired players don't sub
    He's more half back me in my opinion but terrific talent could be cork minor if developed

That's great club down there east cork

You midelton man???
    If you don't my me asking

East cork man not Midleton have seen team finishing up this year for last 5/6 years.

East cork man not Midleton have seen team finishing up this year for last 5/6 years.

Hope castlnstyr win tomorrow

Huge news for east cork gaa be announced soon
    Great news imo I mean great now

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭CORKDOUBLE

Thanks TTM re info Cork Minors you are indeed a man of your word !!

CORKDOUBLE wrote: »
    Thanks TTM re info Cork Minors you are indeed a man of your word !!

Any time only too happy to oblige.

Best luck to Castlemartr today huge game

Considering cork teams normally do well here and they had a bye in semi final and kept fresh and its mallow with cork senior and intermediate panel members they should be winning and it will be major disappointment if they loose
    Mondlifgo are very good and could win but with cork venue should be winning

Great to see a city east cork connection in christy connery with the east cork lads
    Hopefully all cork will unite east west north south and the city also and support these boys in munster glory trail

Best of luck to them today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Devine cleaning us, 2-2 to 3 after 10-15 minutes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement