Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parlez vous francais?

Options
  • 15-10-2014 12:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭

I've found myself in a very gallic mood, I didn't realise my French teacher had rubbed anything off on me until ce soir, but oui, je suis un linguiste.

What languages can you converse in, good members of AH?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Wee.

Nein

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

I've found myself in a very gallic mood, I didn't realise my French teacher had rubbed anything off on me until ce soir, but oui, je suis un linguiste.

i wish my old french teacher rubbed off me.. she was well gamey.. oh lá lá :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I speak fluent bullshit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I'm terrible at languages unless I'm in an area that uses the actual language. I can speak Java better than Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Wee.
    Apparently, and don't quote me on this, the french for 'wee' is 'Special K'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Dung.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

A bit of French, a bit of German, a bit of Swiss German & more Russian swear words than you can shake a stick at.

I can order a beer in 6 or 7 others.

i wish my old french teacher rubbed off me.. she was well gamey.. oh lá lá :cool:
    Mine swanned off to Italy with a fancy man, the day before she left, I wrote 'Come sta bambino?' on the blackboard. This was in the days before google translate or even the internet, I am extremely proud of that interlude.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

What languages can you converse in, good members of AH?

Until you found his cum on your sleeve..?

• Advertisement

Dung.
    Merde

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Oui, je suis francaise donc c'est facile... Je parle aussi un petit peu espagnol, et je comprends un peu l'italien. Par contre je ne parle pas du tout anglais :)

Merde

Le backwards man parle beaucoup de merde.

Oui, je suis francaise donc c'est facile... Je parle aussi un petit peu espagnol, et je comprends un peu l'italien. Par contre je ne parle pas du tout anglais :)
    personne n'aime un spectacle hors

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Swahili

Also a bit Southsoide Dublinese, once you get past the pretentious accent it's not too difficult loike.

Sir A D Say mierdasse, that's even better.
    Hey, I just realized we can swear all we want "en francais" here, anyone want bad words, bande de connards ?

personne n'aime un spectacle hors

Personne n'aime Les craneurs

Un spectacle hors is a show outside, banane. (That's French for big eejit)

I can never show off in other threads, you looked for it OP, I'm gonna let it all out, I'm gonna, i'm ... Je vais me coucher.

Le backwards man parle beaucoup de merde.
    The French have no word for 'turf'. Philistines!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Clankatron

Je comprends le français quand il est parlé lentement, mais je ne le parle pas très bien. Si je suis ivre, alors mon français est excellent.

Thats because there is no bogs in france, just wine and cheese.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Have they a word for bog?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

feargale wrote: »
    Have they a word for bog?

Irlande.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Je parle francais, hablo español, comprendo italiano, ach tá mo Ghaeilge beaganín shíte when I'm sober.

La tourbe, une tourbiere.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

Ta beagan gaelige agam, je parle un peu de francais, je suis marie a un grenouille. I also speak dacent bogger so i does.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Irlande.

And a word for lack of self esteem?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

feargale wrote: »
    And a word for lack of self esteem?

Nice ninja edit there fella

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

keith16 wrote: »
    I speak fluent bullshit.

I have a friend who's fluent in five languages and conversational in two more. Oddly enough he's tried learning Irish and says it's the toughest language he's encountered! :D

My English is fluent, my Irish is ok, my French is poor and my everything else is hopeless. I'm learning Spanish, German and Danish with Duolingo though, so I can speak very basic sentences in those languages. I also know a tiny bit of Mandarin (I can say hello, goodbye, thank you, excuse me, the days of the week, the months of the year and I can count to ten....I can also say "Garfield" and "Angry Birds"!) and I know a handful of sentences in Icelandic.

I'd love to be properly fluent in another language someday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭biketard

Can survive in French, actually pretty decent at Spanish. I can just about get by here in Taiwan with my comical Chinese skills.

I've tried several times (including right now) to learn Irish and can never get past the pronunciation chapter.

Advertisement