Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to wind up Indian Windows scammers

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Another way to really piss them off is...

In your sexist Indian accent ever say;

"Vot ah yoo varing? Tok dirrty t'me surr."

Works. Every. Time.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

You lot must have plenty time with all that fooling, how about just using good old fashioned fcuk off and then hang up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Th!ng

My mother, who is in her 80's, was getting harrassed by these scammers a year or two ago so I told her the next time they rang she was to tell them she was running FreeBSD

Sam Kade wrote: »
    You lot must have plenty time with all that fooling, how about just using good old fashioned fcuk off and then hang up :)

Because Sunjit will have Ranjit ring ye up the very next day!

Or you'll get a load of calls asking "Vy you so rude sir?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Seeing as it's an indian philosophy I ask them if they believe in karma 'because what goes around comes around you scamming piece of ****'.

Usually they hang up....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Because Sunjit will have Ranjit ring ye up the very next day!

Or you'll get a load of calls asking "Vy you so rude sir?"
    Those Indians can never be insulted no matter how hard you try.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Are you sure it wasn't 3 customer care?

They wouldn't hang up they'd start shouting at you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Seriously why the hell do these guys never ring me, I'd have great fun with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Nodster

ErnieBert wrote: »
    I asked his what's he wearing?

He hung up

same action when I asked if he had nice white teeth?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭abff

Sam Kade wrote: »

Why bother. You should just say "Sorry, I'm not interested" and hang up. You must have very little to do if you waste any more time than that on these *****s.

• Advertisement

Have you considered this, OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I always wanted to wind these guys up and used to get weekly calls from them. But whenever they called I was always too busy to waste time on them.
    But they have not called me in a couple of years now. Bood.

For those wondering why they dont get calls...I think you need to be listed in the phone book online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

I was wondering if anyone has any good ways to string them along and annoy them??

When you answer and they ask for whomever, say please hold, put them on hold, and then walk away. See how long they will last...

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Bottler70

As I understand it, keeping the on hold costs them money so its another great way of annoying them. The guys who make the calls are also paid on the number of credit cards they manage to sign up.

They won't ring back if they keep getting messed around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

Yeah I love it when they call I tell them "Oh Thanks, Just hang on a sec and I'll turn it on". Then I open the door to the cupboard under the stairs and throw the phone in. They're normally not there whn I check back an hour later.

What I do find strange however is that they call and ask is that mr XXXX and the name is right. I guess I'm in the phonebook so its not exactly rocket science.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭.red.

Tom Mabe deals with telemarketers like a boss!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmKtS-k12b0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

.red. wrote: »
    Tom Mabe deals with telemarketers like a boss!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmKtS-k12b0

Thats brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭.red.

nelly17 wrote: »
    Thats brilliant

Hes got loads but i reckon thats the best.
    Theres another good one where a guy selling coffins rings him and he tells them hes contemplating ending it all and the phonecall is a sign from above. The telesales guy is disgusting in that one but its funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Wasn't on the phone when he got back.

Your granddad is a legend. I always want to wind them up but anytime they call I just don't have the patience and just hang up. You'd think they'd stop calling......

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

eeepaulo wrote: »
    Google 419 baiting, some people have made a huge effort
    This one is classic

http://www.419eater.com/html/joyce_ozioma.htm

• Advertisement

Just finished reading that, that was amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I had my first call this week :D

When he told me MS tech support in Dublin would call me I had enough and told him I worked in Tech Support we weren't offering that service so I didn't know how he was saying we did!

He then wanted my staff id number which I couldn't give him due to security advising against it. I then of course got the rant that I wasn't a MS employee while he of course insisting he was.

At that stage I just gave up and hung up the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

I remember getting one of these calls about 5 years ago, was wide to the scam straight away (having never heard of these calls before).

Played along with it for the first few minutes and started to put the questions to the guy on the line.

Asked him where was he located, was he across the street where he could see the problem with my windows, as I couldn’t see any I was looking at them while on the phone, asked him what version/type would he recommend as he was an expert, Double Hung, Double Glazed, Sliding, Bay etc

I couldn’t keep the laughter in so laughed down the phone at him, he wasn’t best pleased and hung up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Tell them how much you love Islamabad and its people and that Sialkot is a great place to do business.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

The first time I got a call from these people, I was babysitting in another person's house and I answered the phone that rang. I didn't know what the call was about and I'm not up on technology. I explained to the person on the phone that NAME was not here, I am babysitting, I'm not in a position to turn on their household computer and could they call back later. He very abusive down the phone telling me that their about computer is going to break if I don't follow his steps and I'm going to be responsible. He almost got me. I was standing at the computer with it switched on and all until I figured this isn't right. If this was any other company like eircom or sky they're not going to force the babysitter to fiddle with equipment to fix something and what I told them above, would have been acceptable and taken. I eventually hung up on the call.

I found out afterwards it was a scam. Now when they phone, I string them along big time with **** like 'there's no buttons on my windows'.

Advertisement