Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher 4th March 2015 3 Arena Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Noel was on TodayFM Wednesday afternoon and the DJ's asked him about playing Oasis songs and he said joking "thats what sells the tickets" ,so he knows people are not going to his gigs just to hear his new stuff,i didn't hear any music from the new album before going but thought it was a great gig,if Noel is still playing gigs in 10 years he's going to play Oasis songs...

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭devondudley

anyone here from outside cork looking to go to his marquee gig. Will it sell well ?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JackMcA

anyone here from outside cork looking to go to his marquee gig. Will it sell well ?

will prob make the trip down from monaghan.
    what is the capacity of the marquee does anyone know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

JackMcA wrote: »
    will prob make the trip down from monaghan.
    what is the capacity of the marquee does anyone know.

about 5000 i think

itll sell good then i suppose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

itll sell good then i suppose

i'd imagine so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Hopefully Johnny Marr makes an appearance with him on the night, either as support, or for a song or two in the main set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Do you think he will be back to play in Dublin again this year?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

veganrun wrote: »
    Do you think he will be back to play in Dublin again this year?

I can see him doing Kilmainham , once tickets sell well for Cork they will announce it. Similar to Beck being announced for Cork first then Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

I can see him doing Kilmainham , once tickets sell well for Cork they will announce it. Similar to Beck being announced for Cork first then Dublin

Fingers crossed, Kilmainham really is a great venue, seen Biffy there last Summer and it was incredible!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Anyone know how well tickets sold for Cork? I really do hope there is a Kilmainham gig announced!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

If he's going to play Kilmainham, when would an announcement be expected? I assume if he's playing there, it would be the summer and they'd have to give at least 3-4 months notice?

veganrun wrote: »
    If he's going to play Kilmainham, when would an announcement be expected? I assume if he's playing there, it would be the summer and they'd have to give at least 3-4 months notice?

if its this week id imagine monday/tuesday

Still no words on Cork ticket sales, so I'm far less hopeful than I was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I'd be surprised if he overdid Ireland again, I'm a huge fan but I hope he doesn't do another this summer.

Too much of a good thing..

Christ, if he could bring over Johnny Marr with him, I'd go every night of the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Me too. Saw Johnny up at Leopardstown Race Course last summer. He was excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

12144662_931151590292601_7603793695175089392_n.jpg?oh=7090e25fef34b6b6a474b4798d765984&oe=56D13CBB

Was at the three dates of his Irish tour. Much as I love r'Noel (I'm too see him play with Johnny Marr in Manchester in December), he needs to do something a bit different live. I booked my Manchester tickets on the assumption that it would be a one off accoustic gig, the one he had hinted at during the summer. But the only difference between Belfast and Dublin/Cork was one song. It'd be difficult to justify seeing him playing the same set for a fourth time (in Ireland!).

Was at the three dates of his Irish tour. Much as I love r'Noel (I'm too see him play with Johnny Marr in Manchester in December), he needs to do something a bit different live. I booked my Manchester tickets on the assumption that it would be a one off accoustic gig, the one he had hinted at during the summer. But the only difference between Belfast and Dublin/Cork was one song. It'd be difficult to justify seeing him playing the same set for a fourth time (in Ireland!).

Same. Love Noel but I honestly wouldn't bother live again, the last gig in the 3 arena wasn't a patch on the previous one, which itself wasn't a patch on the Olympia.

Saw him here so many times it's sort of lost all meaning now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,997 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Same when he was in Oasis... would go on tour for a year or over and same setlist every night say bad maybe 1 change of song going into the South American leg or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Same. Love Noel but I honestly wouldn't bother live again, the last gig in the 3 arena wasn't a patch on the previous one, which itself wasn't a patch on the Olympia.

Saw him here so many times it's sort of lost all meaning now.

Was the gig, to which you are referring, the one with Kasabian in Marlay Park, where the sound cut out during the show?

Or maybe it was the gig he did in Croke Park with the Red Hot Chili Peppers?

I reckon that Noel Gallagher and his band played equally as good in the bigger shows he played here, as the first one in the Olympia.

Maybe it's just a case that the Olympia gig in November 2011, being the first gig and smaller venue which sold out really quickly, had a buzz about it, that the bigger venues, for example the two outdoor shows may not have had?

I guess a good example of this could be when The Stooges played at Slane Castle supporting Madonna in 2004, they played just as good as when they played in Dublin Castle in 2004 and the Royal Hospital Kilmainham, in 2008, but with the Slane venue, being way bigger, the impact of the band to anyone standing way back beyond the pit area, was not as forceful and immediate.

I'd say the same could be said of any type of live gig in venues of varying sizes, for example if Daniel O'Donnell was to play a gig in someone's house.:)

Was the gig, to which you are referring, the one with Kasabian in Marlay Park, where the sound cut out during the show?

Or maybe it was the gig he did in Croke Park with the Red Hot Chili Peppers?

I reckon that Noel Gallagher and his band played equally as good in the bigger shows he played here, as the first one in the Olympia.

Maybe it's just a case that the Olympia gig in November 2011, being the first gig and smaller venue which sold out really quickly, had a buzz about it, that the bigger venues, for example the two outdoor shows may not have had?

I guess a good example of this could be when The Stooges played played at Slane Castle supporting Madonna in 2004, they played just as good as when they played in Dublin Castle in 2004 and the Royal Hospital Kilmainham, in 2008, but with the Slane venue, being way bigger, the impact of the band to anyone standing way back beyond the pit area, was not as forceful and immediate.

I'd say the same could be said of any type of live gig in venues of varying sizes, for example if Daniel O'Donnell was to play a gig in someone's house.:)

Definitely the smaller Olympia show was the best, not often you'll get someone like him in a venue like that.

But I don't think that's the cause of the staleness - The Marquee, 3 Arena, Marley Park, Croke Park, The o2. He's just played here so much without really changing the act at all, bar one or two Oasis covers switched out between tours.

Too much of a good thing I reckon. He even referred this himself from the stage here, I think it was at Marley. He said we must be getting sick of him in Ireland by now and promised he wouldn't be back for a while!

A scaled down acoustic tour or something like the one years back with Gem would be great, but I can't get too excited about yet another HFB's gig unfortunately.

Hummm, the royal albert hall show has all the hallmarks of a sort of Noelesque acoustic gig, but it isn't explicitly stated. I wonder will he December shows be acoustic? He certainly said they would when interviewed during the summer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

the one time i dont go to the Albert Hall and he's opening with an acoustic set then full HFB set.
    sickens me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭finno

the one time i dont go to the Albert Hall and he's opening with an acoustic set then full HFB set.
    sickens me

I am going flying out on thursday really looking for to it.

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

Advertisement