Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get the heat on!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I still leave the window open at night because I get too warm in bed and I sleep in my jocks regardless of the seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It'll be mid to high teens by the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Chucken wrote: »
    Snap. But with timber :)

/mmmmm Warm!

And my oil tank couldnt hold another drop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

It'll be mid to high teens by the weekend.

Giggity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

20 or 21 degrees is what I'd set a thermostat to. Perfick. I love to be warm but hate a stuffy house. Makes me feel a bit nauseous actually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Storage heaters. Last year I managed until Novenmber wihout heating. This place is a bit warmer so hoping for a a week or 2 extra.

I hate storage heaters. I moved into a third floor, really well insulated apartment this year so I'm hoping I won't have to turn on the storage heating at all this winter. We get the sunshine for most of the day in our living room and have a large window so will be leaving the blinds up while we're at work to capture as much heat as possible during the day. We shall see!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

I miss the cold. Looking forward to opening the doors and turning off the AC. Its 34c today so will have to wait another few weeks. The chilled water bills make me miss the oil tank in the back garden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I lit the fire every evening last week
    19 degrees my preferred temp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

[QUOTE=LexieOnRale We were putting the heating on at night during the summer

That phrase there sums up our climate,don't it?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,642 ✭✭✭✭josip

Thermostat set to 21 C.
    Needed the heating for the last week to lift it up from 17C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

i'm very happy to blow us all out of it with roaring fires, himself, not so much :( do ye not feel the fcuking cold or wha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

That makes you selfish.

What if your house gets so hot it burns down, who'll be laughing then?

Me.

Bit harsh no

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jillymayr

my guy and I were just fighting over the themostat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

My husband loves a good fire and a warm house, but I find I'm fit for bed at 10pm if I'm sitting in front of it watching tv. I love winter, Im really starting to feel happier lately with the cold and the dark setting in earlier.

We've had the heating on a few times, I like to be cold though so I turn the rads off and he wonders why the house is chilly when he wakes up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I find the best way to avoid expensive home heating costs is to not buy any home heating oil.

My wife doesn't agree and has scurrilously stocked up on all things combustable when I was basking in the warmth of the heating system while at work

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I have a blanket on the couch for any nippy weather. No heating until November at least. I hate a warm house. Had it on all the time two years ago due to a serious illness in the family. I spent the winter catching headcolds and bugs of all kinds. I'm convinced a cold house is a healthier one.
    Nothing like jumping into a comfy bed with a hot water bottle at the end of the day. I'd prefer a warm woman but what can you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,642 ✭✭✭✭josip

My husband loves a good fire and a warm house, but I find I'm fit for bed at 10pm if I'm sitting in front of it watching tv. I love winter, Im really starting to feel happier lately with the cold and the dark setting in earlier.

We've had the heating on a few times, I like to be cold though so I turn the rads off and he wonders why the house is chilly when he wakes up :D

Which would explain your username. Uggh, body heat!

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

Got a 6kw stove in a couple of weeks ago and have had it on every night since. Great investment. I feel warm even just looking at it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Creative Juices

There is a week or two every year where people are frozen because they are in the "transition period" between summer and winter. They change their layers and then get used to the lower temperatures. Soon 10 degrees will be seen as a warm day.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,548 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

There is a week or two every year where people are frozen because they are in the "transition period" between summer and winter. They change their layers and then get used to the lower temperatures. Soon 10 degrees will be seen as a warm day.

Most years that transition fortnight is the last two weeks of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

To the men battling with their wives about the temperature in the house

Cooler temperatures can help people to lose weight and after a few days of the lower temperature, your body doesn't even feel cold anymore

http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20140122/could-turning-down-the-thermostat-help-you-lose-weight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

It'll be 20 degrees C at the end of the week. Why would anyone need the heat on?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

It'll be 20 degrees C at the end of the week. Why would anyone need the heat on?

Cos it's not 20 degrees now, duh.

You do realise the weather varies around the country?

I love a warm house but to quote other half J C woman put off that heat before we die.and him sitting with a fleece zipped up to the neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

My feet are like ice blocks at the moment. :o

Larianne wrote: »
    My feet are like ice blocks at the moment. :o

Fill the hotwater bottle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

No heating on yet. Will put it on some time in November I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Tarzana wrote: »
    I hate storage heaters. I moved into a third floor, really well insulated apartment this year so I'm hoping I won't have to turn on the storage heating at all this winter. We get the sunshine for most of the day in our living room and have a large window so will be leaving the blinds up while we're at work to capture as much heat as possible during the day. We shall see!

That sounds like where I am living now. Gets quite warm in the evenings but there is a problem with the bedroom windows causing the wind to blow through them. Of course the estate agent is slow to deal with it, I could take a family member hostage, ship them part by part and I would run out of parts before they got it fixed.

Advertisement