Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia retired!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

good horse not a great horse

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

I said two months ago on another thread that the arc would be avoided and if anything decent turned up in the English champion stakes then he would not be there also. He won two poor derbys and a run of the mill champion stakes in leopardstown. Not a true champion. Same as kingman. Flat track bullies.

The amount of sense you're not making is huge.

Epsom is a flat track now, is it?

He was a very close 3rd in a high class 2,000 guineas, won the derbies - you can't do much more than win the things - and the Epsom 2nd won the Leger and ran a very good Arc. He won the Juddmonte, so showing he could drop back down to 10 and, contrary to what you say above, was beaten in the Irish Champion...... by a French Classic winner. But I'm sure the latter grow on trees where you come from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

Itziger wrote: »
    The amount of sense you're not making is huge.

Epsom is a flat track now, is it?

He was a very close 3rd in a high class 2,000 guineas, won the derbies - you can't do much more than win the things - and the Epsom 2nd won the Leger and ran a very good Arc. He won the Juddmonte, so showing he could drop back down to 10 and, contrary to what you say above, was beaten in the Irish Champion...... by a French Classic winner. But I'm sure the latter grow on trees where you come from.

Flat track bully is a phrase as in beating what you know you can beat... Not to be taken literally.

the winner of the guineas never won a race since and kingman beat the same in every race afterwards. To tell me australia or kingman are top class is ridiculous as they proved very little...average winners of both a derby and guineas imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Well hyped by ballydoyle. Nearly had the media fooled too. Didn't reckon on joseph making a dogs arse of the Irish champion though. Could see this coming ever since. good horse for sure but not within an asses roar of a great one!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Well hyped by ballydoyle. Nearly had the media fooled too. Didn't reckon on joseph making a dogs arse of the Irish champion though. Could see this coming ever since. good horse for sure but not within an asses roar of a great one!:eek:

all about money and stud fees nothing else

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Had been looking forward to seeing him again. Pity. Will be interesting to see his progeny. Having seen him at Leopardstown 'in the flesh', I was quite surprised by how small and narrow he is - totally different physique to quite a few of their other horses, such as Galileo, High Chaparral, Mont Jeu, Saddler's Well's, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭FIVE2_THREE

barney4001 wrote: »
    all about money and stud fees nothing else

Why would you say that ? Coolmore isn't hurting for money and by the way before you say such stupid things you should do a little research here is the bottom of his foot and why he was retired.
    www.facebook.com/thoroughbreddailynews/photos/a.385429772669.169560.63355332669/10152573253447670/?type=1

Advertisement