Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Saturday Night Show - 11th. October 2014 10.05pm

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,425 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Who let Twink into the audience?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭jazz101

Lapin wrote: »
    Its a bloody awful song in all fairness.

Up there with that no nay never shít that people always sing when they're pissed.
    God I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Jaysus a ticket each to Ire vs USA and a free Love/Hate box set for the audience.

RTE are shipping them boxsets out like mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

baldbear wrote: »
    John Delaney sums up what's wrong with this country. I wonder what attracted her to John Delaney and his €360 k salary.

'He loves to do right by people'!
    Wonder if his wife agrees?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Up there with that no nay never shít that people always sing when they're pissed.

Ha, we were just having that same conversation.

Right everyone, stop talking, stop having the craic. Time to listen to some dreary nonsense, cos times were ****e years ago.

Next up Dirty Old Town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Cosmo2013

The Wild Rover..... add imaginary claps... painfulll

Oops69 wrote: »
    Donatella Versace ?

That's it!

jazz101 wrote: »
    God I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it.

Not by a long shot. Makes no sense, why would anyone want to encourage drearyness? Nay, celebrate it?

God, it's awful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Feckin Christmas ads already. :mad:

LynnGrace wrote: »
    He has the ability to engage with people. Something Tubridy cannot do.

There's also the element of unpredictability - you never quite know what Brendan is going to come out with!

• Advertisement

Sorry I missed old John The Embarassing Self Publicising Baptist.

Whenever I see him, I can't help laughing. I always think of the person who used to text in to Off The Ball calling themself "John Delaney's Hair".

"Hi lads. John Delaney's Hair here...."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Wagon Wheel....

jaysus Brooke, it took long enough for one of ye to bite..

;)

efb wrote: »
    Wagon Wheel....

Erm...Penguin Bar?

I don't get it. :-)

jazz101 wrote: »
    Haha the poor ****er is sick of the Coola Boola shouting, must get it all the time on the street.

Did not recognise him with the curly hair!
    He looks quite....dishy! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Erm...Penguin Bar?

I don't get it. :-)

It was on Imelda's show

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I'm just thinking.

Brendan O'Connor is not that good. He's just "ok". And fortunately for him, its just that compared to DLB he looks sh1t hot.

So let's not lose the run of ourselves. He's just "ok". Fine for the sns imo...

As for the lls, we need someone GREAT for it. Someone like Gaybo (love him or hate him) or Mike Murphy back in their day.
    Someone with maturity and warmth. Someone who really wants to listen to the interviewee and bring out the best in them. Someone who doesn't need to rely on cue cards.

Who is this person??* Obv its not DLB. And it's not Brendan O'Connor either.

Ps. Also we need the lls production team to lose the tabloid element/slant of the lls. It's going progressively downhill.

/rant over

*Is it Ivan Yeats??

I'd love to see Ivan get a crack at it. The divilment he sneaks into his conversations would be just the thing for putting some life into the all too common snore fest interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Sorry I missed old John The Embarassing Self Publicising Baptist.

Whenever I see him, I can't help laughing. I always think of the person who used to text in to Off The Ball calling themself "John Delaney's Hair".

"Hi lads. John Delaney's Hair here...."

In case people missed it, the Irish Independent got that well known football expert Barry Egan to make a fawning documentary about John Delaney called "John the Baptist".

I'm not making it up, honestly. He seems to be surrounded by people who tell him how great he is, which can make you lose touch with reality very quickly. It's as well that Roy Keane is working for him, it'll keep John Delaney on his toes ...

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/exclusive-video-john-the-baptist-part-1-30562269.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Well that's one vomity little article.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,919 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Auld Triangle comes from The Quare Fella, so why is he singing it in The Borstal Boy?? :confused:

I thought Behan or his brother wrote the song

Advertisement