Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Saturday Night Show - 11th. October 2014 10.05pm

Options
  • 10-10-2014 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72,425 ✭✭✭✭

sleepy-kitten-2-o.gif

giphy.gif

Kitteh and puppeh are tired of hearing about Roy Keane...the last thing they wants is somebody else football-related talking about him.

john-delaney

Oh.

Coming up on the show this week, FAI chairman John Delaney will be in to talk about Roy Keane, the Irish squad and life in the public eye.

a-scanlon.jpg

2014 has been a busy year for Angela Scanlon who will be in to talk about her new series “Full Frontal” and getting married.

David_Nicholls_9160_200547c.jpg

Best- selling author of “One Day”, John Ritter David Nicholls, will be in to discuss his new book “Us” and what led him to become a writer.

jane_seymour.jpg

Why...hellooooo :):):)

Hollywood legend Jane Seymour will be in to tell us about her new project which is a documentary on the iconic musician Glen Campbell. We will also be joined by actors The Guard’s Gary Lydon and Love/ Hate’s Peter Coonan who will be coming straight from their play “Borstal Boy” in the Gaiety. Tune in at 10.05pm and enjoy!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I enjoyed David Nicholls' books Starter For Ten and One Day. I've never seen him interviewed but it's nice to see someone who isn't either a Chef or a Love Hate Actor for a change (Is there a Love/Hate Cook Book? - that's free money for someone!)

And Jane Seymour is doing a Glen Campbell Documentary? Sounds good to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Skid X wrote: »
    I enjoyed David Nicholls' books Starter For Ten and One Day. I've never seen him interviewed but it's nice to see someone who isn't either a Chef or a Love Hate Actor for a change (Is there a Love/Hate Cook Book? - that's free money for someone!)

Same here, and I've just bought his new book so will be interested to hear what he has to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

a-scanlon.jpg

I think I love Angela Scanlon... but it'll pass..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

So, any predictions for this evening?:D

007js.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

thought I going it late!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,425 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Evening all! :)

119.jpg

"People Before Profit candidate Paul Murphy caused an upset in the Dublin byelection"...

It certainly upset me, I can tell you that much.. He's Michael Murphy's nephew, you know the guy that used to tell the news, both in the past and in the future..

Comedy props

• Registered Users Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

He is probably going out for a night on the lash after today's result in Lansdowne Road.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

There is something about this fella. I always think he is a bit thick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Is brendan even on tonight? It's very quiet on this thread?

Teddeh Bear has been hitting the Green Room bar!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Cosmo2013

The shirt!!!... wtf!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Evening all.

Looks like somebody is going through a mid-life crisis........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭baldbear

He's on more that the league winners receive. A joke.

This guy definitely looks like he lives the good life

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I'm thinking of moving to Gibraltar. I reckon I'd get my game with the international team. Goalie at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

He also gets a free book from Roy.

Nice perk for being the CE of a football association right there. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

They should get Twink on as a regular guest, this lineup looks pretty boring aside from Jane Seymour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Don't like an open necked shirt with a 'formal' jacket.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Evening All !

World-Cup-Bordeaux.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Was over in Poland for the Euros in 2012. Seen Delaney in one of the pubs on the strip in Sopot, some man to hold a gin and tonic.

amdublin wrote: »
    There is something about this fella. I always think he is a bit thick.

He manages to look simultaneously dim and shrewd

Listening to a tool like John Delaney saying "It was time for Brian Kerr to go" really makes me sick... Brian Kerr did a really good job, is a real football man through and through, and should not be judged by an accountant who has more of a background in junkets and being a backstage Johnny than he does in football..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

He manages to look simultaneously dim and shrewd

No I really cannot say shrewd about him.

Listening to a tool like John Delaney saying "It was time for Brian Kerr to go" really makes me sick... Brian Kerr did a really good job, is a real football man through and through, and should be judged by an accountant who has more of a background in junkets and being a backstage Johnny than he does in football..

Simmer down, County...Angela will be on soon!

Hands where we can see them! :D

:confused: What was that about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Aubrey loves Joe

Naturlaistic?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Cosmo2013

Never seen so much b*tchin and moaning in a sport than I did this week. Men eh! Who knew!

• Advertisement

"very naturalistic"?

Advertisement