Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Toy Show Tickets

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

Does anyone know anyone thats ever actually been? I wonder do they give them out as corporate gifts and radio prizes etc as i never heard of anyone who knows anyone who has been! Bah humbug.

Also can you tell i have applied but heard nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

I know one person alright. They applied a few years ago and only got the call a day or 2 before, presume someone else dropped out...I'm still waiting too but kinda resigned to being on the couch for it at this stage....

snowgal wrote: »
    I know one person alright. They applied a few years ago and only got the call a day or 2 before, presume someone else dropped out...I'm still waiting too but kinda resigned to being on the couch for it at this stage....
    So your saying there is a chance:-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Look on the bright side, if you're in the audience, you can't;

Watch it with your kids
    Have a few drinks while watching it
    Go to the jax when you want
    Eat loads of treats
    Think drinking deserves another mention.....

The list goes on..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Look on the bright side, if you're in the audience, you can't;

Watch it with your kids
    Have a few drinks while watching it
    Go to the jax when you want
    Eat loads of treats
    Think drinking deserves another mention.....

The list goes on..

You can't read the Toy Show thread in the Television forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I'm so resigned to the fact that I won't get tickets, that I've booked a flight on the night. If I was to get the call, I don't know what I'd do!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Alicat wrote: »
    I'm so resigned to the fact that I won't get tickets, that I've booked a flight on the night. If I was to get the call, I don't know what I'd do!

That's where I step in! Give them to me!

About the drinking, aren't they well known for getting people tipsy before the show?

I know a couple who went to it two years ago, they have no affiliation to rte afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I think I'd actually cancel the trip!! :p

But but but what about the freebies? Suppose you cant enter the competition to win a trip to lapland either. Its MY turn to win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

I know a couple from last year alright.

Anyway fingers crossed and best of luck to everyone on here that applied!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭joebloggs123

Will it be available online to anyone this year or just residents of ROI?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

No sign of a ticket for me but I did get a ticket to Ray Foley's Naked Breakfast show this Friday morning in Vicar street! Eeek!

Loughc wrote: »
    No sign of a ticket for me but I did get a ticket to Ray Foley's Naked Breakfast show this Friday morning in Vicar street! Eeek!

Naked show you say.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

You can't read the Toy Show thread in the Television forum.

Definitely the best part

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Naked show you say.....

It's not what you think haha, it's stripped back, everything will be live, the ads, the jingles, all the songs/music.

Loughc wrote: »
    It's not what you think haha, it's stripped back, everything will be live, the ads, the jingles, all the songs/music.

I'd say that will be great fun. I'll be listening. Sing Jingle Bells at some point and we'll be able to hear you!

They're singing Jingle Bells on the Naked Breakfast! I'm allowing myself to believe that it's Loughc on behalf of the Christmas forum.

They're singing Jingle Bells on the Naked Breakfast! I'm allowing myself to believe that it's Loughc on behalf of the Christmas forum.

I def joined in haha!! Great show so much fun seeing it live!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Crap! I forgot to put a bottle of wine in the fridge to chill for the toy show tonight! Must do it straight away when I get home!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

Putting the Christmas tree up tonight before the toy show.Bought lots of goodies for myself and the kids.I think I'm more excited then them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Crap! I forgot to put a bottle of wine in the fridge to chill for the toy show tonight! Must do it straight away when I get home!
    http://www.popsugar.com/food/How-Chill-Wine-Fast-16497741

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gumgum1

Will it be available online to anyone this year or just residents of ROI?

As far i know its available to everyone live on the player nearly sure thats what they said on the nicky byrne show today

There has been more excitement in this forum than there is in the Toy Show audience. We need to figure out how to organise a forum trip to the show next year.

Seems like most of the crowd is made up of the 'Prawn sandwich brigade'

I'd say the application for tickets was no more than a PR stunt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

keano25 wrote: »
    Seems like most of the crowd is made up of the 'Prawn sandwich brigade'

I'd say the application for tickets was no more than a PR stunt

Agreed about pr stunt. Last year a few people on boards mentioned either getting tickets or knowing people who did.

Explain prawn sandwich brigade though ;)

Agreed about pr stunt. Last year a few people on boards mentioned either getting tickets or knowing people who did.

Explain prawn sandwich brigade though ;)

Prawn sandwich brigade is a term that describes corporate or otherwise people who attend events primarily to enjoy corporate hospitality, or in this case the free gifts could be argued as the main attraction!

Advertisement