Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Toy Show Tickets

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

November 28th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭Deenie123

Posy wrote: »
    November 28th.

Heh, I have plans for that night... Bet this is the year I get tickets :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just announced on Twitter at 8pm,

NEW! Follow @rte & @RTELateLateShow and RT this tweet to win 2 tix to the #LateLateToyShow + overnight @dylanhotel http://ow.ly/i/7v40J

Best of luck to everyone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭touts

Ryan on Morning Ireland at the moment. Last year they had 40,000 applications for 100 pairs of tickets.

This year they have already passed 100,000 applications AND the online closing time is 5pm today so expect a few thousand more today AND they have a bad of postal appilcations.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

touts wrote: »
    Ryan on Morning Ireland at the moment. Last year they had 40,000 applications for 100 pairs of tickets.

This year they have already passed 100,000 applications AND the online closing time is 5pm today so expect a few thousand more today AND they have a bad of postal appilcations.

Time to forget about getting tickets so. It'd actus probably be easier to win the actual lotto haha.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Entered there, cheers op

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I know they say that tickets are given out based on your application form answers but it has to be physically impossible to read that amount of forms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Anyone know what date the show is on TV? Can't seem to find out anywhere.

Its on next Friday 21st November

gumgum1 wrote: »
    Hi all anyone know when we find out if we won tickets to the toy show thanks

Read on FB today that they will be contacting people early next week

messrs wrote: »

Following Friday, 28th..

• Advertisement

Following Friday, 28th..

Was it initially meant to be on 21st? I just googled it and this came up

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Late_Late_Toy_Show
    Jump to edition - 2014 edition[edit]. The 2014 Toy Show will take place on November 21 2014. It will be Ryan Tubridy's 6th show. On the October 31 Episode, ...
    ‎Jumper - ‎History - ‎See also - ‎References

Was it initially meant to be on 21st? I just googled it and this came up

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Late_Late_Toy_Show
    Jump to edition - 2014 edition[edit]. The 2014 Toy Show will take place on November 21 2014. It will be Ryan Tubridy's 6th show. On the October 31 Episode, ...
    ‎Jumper - ‎History - ‎See also - ‎References

It's 100% the 28th for sure. I wouldn't trust Wikipedia at all.

Loughc wrote: »
    It's 100% the 28th for sure. I wouldn't trust Wikipedia at all.

yea id say you are right, prob should have know better than to believe wikipedia!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Following Friday, 28th..

my ever living heart is near out of my chest when i read the 21st

hdowney wrote: »
    my ever living heart is near out of my chest when i read the 21st

sorry, my mistake :confused:

The tv3 toy show is on the 21st maybe that's what we're all thinking about ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The tv3 toy show is on the 21st maybe that's what we're all thinking about ;)

I think I read that that's going to be longer this year. Anyone know anything about it? I didn't watch it last year.

I think I read that that's going to be longer this year. Anyone know anything about it? I didn't watch it last year.

It's 90minutes this year. Filmed in RDSfrim the toy fair, Brian McFadden hosting with help from Jedward.

I didn't watch last years and will prob watch this years out of boredom.

It's 90minutes this year. Filmed in RDSfrim the toy fair, Brian McFadden hosting with help from Jedward.

I didn't watch last years and will prob watch this years out of boredom.

I watched it last year and from what I remember it was only half hour, didn't think it was great thought, - in saying that I will prob watch it again this year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭touts

I watched it last year and from what I remember it was only half hour, didn't think it was great thought, - in saying that I will prob watch it again this year

That would have made it half an hour too long. Last year was dreadful. Little more than pointing to a toy and giving it's name with some christmas music playing in the background and kids standing around looking bored. Hopefully 90 minutes will give them a bit more time to put some quality and interaction into the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Did anyone get tickets?

javagal wrote: »
    Did anyone get tickets?

When are they announcing the lucky winners?

When are they announcing the lucky winners?

think they were contacting people this week

javagal wrote: »
    Did anyone get tickets?
    think they were contacting people this week

Then as of today I haven't won. But with over 100,000 people applying I wasn't holding out hope. Watching it at home with a take away and treats with the tree up and candles lit sounds just as good to me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Then as of today I haven't won. But with over 100,000 people applying I wasn't holding out hope. Watching it at home with a take away and treats with the tree up and candles lit sounds just as good to me ;)

That sounds lovely too! With wine, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I always do that every year anyway....lots of nice treats and wine and sit down next to the Christmas tree and enjoy the toyshow! Since I'm off this year, maybe I'll do something nice for dinner, that's if I have time with all the cleaning and decorating I have to do :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭Deenie123

No joy here.

Nope..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

nada as yet.

Advertisement