Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tried to buy stamps today

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

janja wrote: »
    The conclusion being .........

Go to the other post office from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,903 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Fascinating thread! :D I do this every year. No problem at all in getting the second stamp to go with them. Your PO staff are out of line. You don't have to explain to the staff what you need them for, just say 'thirty-five 8cent stamps please'. They should just serve you what you asked for. They wouldn't like a picket outside the PO with placards saying 'down with that sort of thing' and 'now, now,' would they? :D

Apparently there is a lot of underpayment of larger envelopes and packets. Staff are told to try to ensure that this is stamped out (pun intended) at the time stamps are being bought. Better than having a bundle of underpaid envelopes sent back to the sender for the difference, or the addressee being asked to make it up at the other end. Both of which can happen, at the mail processing stage.

A polite enquiry as to what type of letter/packet is going to be posted is in order. But not a complete refusal to sell stamps as happened here, unless there was some misunderstanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Apparently there is a lot of underpayment of larger envelopes and packets. Staff are told to try to ensure that this is stamped out (pun intended) at the time stamps are being bought. Better than having a bundle of underpaid envelopes sent back to the sender for the difference, or the addressee being asked to make it up at the other end. Both of which can happen, at the mail processing stage.

A polite enquiry as to what type of letter/packet is going to be posted is in order. But not a complete refusal to sell stamps as happened here, unless there was some misunderstanding.

Customer service isnt An Posts forte in the slightest. I avoid the post office as much as I can, as the staff always are having full on conversations while there is about 15 people waiting.

The final straw was when I paid for registered post and I lost my slip. So when I called the post office to get the tracking number, I was told "sure we dont fill in the senders names for registered post". Which makes paying for registered post useless, if they dont keep track of the letters

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I liked the bit about the stamps. Very poignant...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,903 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

hfallada wrote: »
    Customer service isnt An Posts forte in the slightest. I avoid the post office as much as I can, as the staff always are having full on conversations while there is about 15 people waiting.

The final straw was when I paid for registered post and I lost my slip. So when I called the post office to get the tracking number, I was told "sure we dont fill in the senders names for registered post". Which makes paying for registered post useless, if they dont keep track of the letters

I think customer service would be one of the chief considerations when judging how reputable a company is. An Post came third out of 100 companies/organisations earlier this year, in a national survey.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/media-and-marketing/volkswagen-is-ireland-s-most-reputable-company-survey-1.1786707

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

hfallada wrote: »

Did you not know the name and address of the receiver? Those are the details that are recorded in the sub-post office.

And I'll be sure to inform my colleagues that we're not allowed speak to each other at all during opening hours. Not even to discuss security, safe times, queries, technical difficulties or to delegate the many tasks away from the counter that must be completed hourly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Jaxxy wrote: »
    Did you not know the name and address of the receiver? Those are the details that are recorded in the sub-post office.

And I'll be sure to inform my colleagues that we're not allowed speak to each other at all during opening hours. Not even to discuss security, safe times, queries, technical difficulties or to delegate the many tasks away from the counter that must be completed hourly.

But what about the overbearing sense of hatred for life that exudes from over the counter?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

But what about the overbearing sense of hatred for life that exudes from over the counter?

Nothing I can do about that I'm afraid, it's part of the training. ;D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Who the fcuk is still wasting time and moiney sending letters.

Advertisement