Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tried to buy stamps today

Options
  • 09-10-2014 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

Discovered I had a few books of stamps left over from last Christmas, and as the postage has increased from 60c to 68c went to post office to buy 8c stamps.
    I was refused on the grounds that I had not got the 60c stamps with me to show the post office worker.
    Riddle me this lads please.
    Got them later in my own P.O. no questions asked.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Riddle you what?

The story had a conclusion.

The end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

unhelpful member of the postal service offset by helpful member of postal service.

cant wait for the movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

How did this make you feel?

kneemos wrote: »
    How did this make you feel?

Mixed emotions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

This is shocking things are gone to fuck altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

bet they had camera phones and water too.

pricks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

janja wrote: »
    Discovered I had a few books of stamps left over from last Christmas, and as the postage has increased from 60c to 68c went to post office to buy 8c stamps.
    I was refused on the grounds that I had not got the 60c stamps with me to show the post office worker.

PC gone mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TheFarrier

Don't say I didn't warn you.

I'm telling ye with years this was coming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I've done that and then not used them. I went back to post office and bought a book of 68 cent ones cos I thought I'd look like a cheapskate:)

It's always either packed or empty whenever I go in,except one or two times it had a sort of medium sized queue.One time I was expecting a long queue ad it was pension day but there was nobody there.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

PC gone mad.

have you tried turning it off and on again?

kneemos wrote: »
    It's always either packed or empty whenever I go in,except one or two times it had a sort of medium sized queue.One time I was expecting a long queue ad it was pension day but there was nobody there.

The pensioners do be out early in the morning to get their cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

They can't give the 8c stamps out any old mucker. They cost about 80p each to produce.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭dmc17

They can't give the 8c stamps out any old mucker. They cost about 80p each to produce.

80 English pence or 80 old pence ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

PC gone mad.

PO gone mad...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

This is shocking things are gone to fuck altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭CFlat

Its about time that sort of thing was stamped out.

The water charges are not helping this situation either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Since when are they charging for water

Ooh, fancy pants. It's cheaper to lick the back of them.

• Advertisement

Can't believe they're bringing back the Ninja Turtles.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Sunhill

OP, I think you have a genuine grievance.
    They were selling stamps, you wanted to buy them.
    I'd go back and get the name of that jumped-up pen-pusher and report the facts to postmaster general of your area.

As you are back there, innocently ask for a quantity of 8c stamps for your stamp collection!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

You should set up an 'Occupy Post Office' movement over this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Just go to stamps.com instead!

No idea if it actually works here, but their website name has burned into my brain after I've heard it being plugged on nearly every podcast I've listened to for the past two years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

I needed the 8 cent stamp to post a "Get Well Soon" card to my dying mother, Joe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Fascinating thread! :D I do this every year. No problem at all in getting the second stamp to go with them. Your PO staff are out of line. You don't have to explain to the staff what you need them for, just say 'thirty-five 8cent stamps please'. They should just serve you what you asked for. They wouldn't like a picket outside the PO with placards saying 'down with that sort of thing' and 'now, now,' would they? :D

Thread delivers

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

Birneybau wrote: »
    Ooh, fancy pants. It's cheaper to lick the back of them.

No more licking , all self adhesive

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Fascinating thread! :D I do this every year. No problem at all in getting the second stamp to go with them. Your PO staff are out of line. You don't have to explain to the staff what you need them for, just say 'thirty-five 8cent stamps please'. They should just serve you what you asked for. They wouldn't like a picket outside the PO with placards saying 'down with that sort of thing' and 'now, now,' would they? :D

Fascinating ..... NO , but I could not buy the stamps from this person she was not selling them to me , I thought it was a joke (I know P.O. staff are notoriously grumpy, but this lady was nice ) it was my Mums local P.O. and I was only customer at the time .

• Advertisement

Birneybau wrote: »
    Riddle you what?

The story had a conclusion.

The end.

The conclusion being .........

Advertisement