Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show 10/10/2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,602 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

You see most people assume the "Late Late" part of the title of the show is in reference to the time that the show is on, but it is actually in reference to the fact that the most of the discussion is around those who are recently departed..

So, Billy Barry kids, how did you feel when you heard the news...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Noel Edmonds is a proper Telly Legend. Like, apologies if you grew up with just Poverty One and Poverty Two but Noel was the man.

Top Gear, Swap Shop, Top of The Pops, The Late Late Breakfast Show, Noel's Christmas Presents, Telly Addicts, Noel's House Party and more

And he flew Phil Collins to the Airport in his Helicopter after his Wembley Live Aid gig. And he was in Brown Sauce with Cheggers. And he's gone a bit mad these days but that's allowed too. He believes all the silliness on Deal or No Deal is determined by a cosmic force. He wants to buy the BBC and run it like a mad benign Dictator. He lost all contact with reason some time ago, but Noel knows where it's at.

Just say Noel

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Funniest line I've read all week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

And you can apply for tickets for the Toy Show now. Thousands will apply but you never know ...

http://www.rte.ie/tv/latelate/ticketstoyshow.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Skid X wrote: »

Apparently when Dave Lee Travis received a phone call from the West Midlands Police to inform him that charges were being brought against him in relation to an alleged indecent assault, he responded "Will you ever f**k off Edmonds, you think I'm gonna fall for that sh1te again"...

• Advertisement

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Tubridy: "Where were you when you heard the news?"
    BB Kid no.1: "Having tea, a drink with jam and bread"..

Tubridy: "Will you find it hard to carry on without her?"
    BB Kid no.2: "The sun'll come out, tomorrow, you can bet your dollar that tomorrow... "

Tubridy: "What did you wear to the funeral?"
    BB Kid no.3: "I wore my coat, with golden lining ... ah ah ah"

etc etc

Tubridy: "Will you find it hard to carry on without her?"
    BB Kid no.2: "The sun'll come out, tomorrow, you can bet your dollar that tomorrow... "

Tubridy: "What did you wear to the funeral?"
    BB Kid no.3: "I wore my coat, with golden lining ... ah ah ah"

etc etc

Tubridy: "Will someone get this year's breakdancing kid to give it a rest? Trying to get some tears here! Jeez!"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Why do I get the feeling you were a Billie Barrie child who grew up dancing and singing CH??.....:eek:.....:pac:

Billie is now tap dancing in the big stage in the sky RIP.....:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 Miss_Caprice

Noel f**kin Edmonds :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Unfortunately the booking of Dunphy confirms for me that a malaise has set in on the LLS research team.

There is a genuine window for a good discussion on the Keane book which should include some ex team mates and respected football journalists. Instead, Dunphy is wheeled out with an axe to grind and so the cheap controversial angle is in situ.

• Advertisement

Aidric wrote: »
    Unfortunately the booking of Dunphy confirms for me that a malaise has set in on the LLS research team.

There is a genuine window for a good discussion on the Keane book which should include some ex team mates and respected football journalists. Instead, Dunphy is wheeled out with an axe to grind and so the cheap controversial angle is in situ.

Sadly true.

More drivel......baby....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 72,411 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Will Ryan ask Noel about the time he killed Clive Anderson... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

For Reals wrote: »
    Hey Late Late Show, here's a dig out....

Ideas for guests, just this week like...
    McNulty, did Kenny put the word in, (yes)?
    Quinlan, the taxi driver/Irish water board chap.
    Hilary Quinlan said: “You tell me one party out there who doesn’t look after their own. I don’t see anything wrong with it. It’s politics.”
    Roy Keane or Alex Ferguson, or god forbid both.
    Somebody to talk about Timberlake putting in the Dublin high court case, maybe a rep from 'Heat' mag or the Timberlake barrister?
    There's a Ghostbusters 3 been confirmed, maybe someone who saw one and two ;)

Top Tip: Look at the Entertainment section in any mag or other TV show, even the one on RTE.ie....you won't see articles on people suffering from various ailments...just saying.

P.S.: Hire a lighting crew who can light a set. All those shadows make a miserable show worse.

I cant see Tubs doing any pieces about Cronyism. Cronyism in politics is similar to cronyism in RTE. it might come back on him. He always gets flustered and defensive when a guest goes off script

It is an anomaly that no middling to big stars can be got for LLS. Stars must avoid it or the LLS has the worst talent bookers in Britain and Ireland.

Could they not even get Roddy Doyle

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I'm sorry, but why is a woman whose husband murdered her two kids, a proper topic for a light entertainment show?

At least having recent cancer patients (howaya Majella) and the families of suicide victims on, can raise much needed money and awareness for good causes. I've all the sympathy in the world for the woman, but I don't see the point of having her on at all.

I will NOT, I repeat NOT hear one bad word about Noel Edmonds (even if he is bat$hit crazy & his frosted blonde hair do is about as mod-ren as Wanderly Wagon.) I got up every morning at the butt crack of dawn to watch Saturday Swop Shop. The man is a totes ledge bag !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

John Cleese is on the Graham Norton Show tonight.

Hmmm.... Cleese or Edmonds...

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭cactuspaw

Is Magella Odonell on again?
    Dear god, last time I watched her sister in law was on, the time before that, she was on. Seriously running out of guests

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Just applied for tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

RayM wrote: »
    John Cleese is on the Graham Norton Show tonight.

Hmmm.... Cleese or Edmonds...

No glasses on and must be hungry because all I saw there was "mmmmm cheese or almonds" !

Good Evening lads!...

Happy days for Munster and Connacht!! :)

***brushes hair especially for Neven***

***pours large glass of cooking wine***

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Edmond's Wikipedia entry makes for entertaining reading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

Could your wan doing the weather not put on a bra?

Johnnio13 wrote: »
    Could your wan doing the weather not put on a bra?

When she left the house, she thought it was gonna be warmer...

We are go.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭boardie100

at least the riptide movement are on :-)

It was one of the most memorable moments on this program... Well I suppose when the bar is set so low..

When she left the house, she thought it was gonna be warmer...

What's wrong with the "Free a Nipper" campaign??....:eek:.....em, free a nipp....em.....

boardie100 wrote: »
    at least the riptide movement are on :-)

Yes! Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Just tuned in.....is this the Majella O'Donnell show?

A WHOLE YEAR since the head shave :eek:

• Advertisement

Was that a year ago???.....

Advertisement