Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show 10/10/2014

Options
  • 09-10-2014 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

It's been a controversial week for Ireland's assistant soccer manager with the early release of his autobiography, Eamon Dunphy will air his views this week's Late Late Show.
    Also appearing on the show this week is TV presenter Noel Edmonds who will be chatting about both his personal and professional life.
    And Majella O'Donnell returns to the show to update Ryan on her health after her recent cancer battle plus she will also discuss her childhood, first marriage and meeting the man of her dreams Daniel.
    The Late Late Show, RTÉ One, Friday, 9:35pm

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjJR1yYsd0l7b0Vg7dOyqCB8eH-zoDhjkHbDWU3WQxsuMe8UPMsw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

THE MOTHER OF Eoghan and Ruairí Chada will appear on the Late Late Show tonight. Kathleen Chada’s husband Sanjeev was given two life sentences earlier this week for the murder of his sons Eoghan and Ruairí.Tonight, Kathleen will talk to Ryan Tubridy on The Late Late Show about the devastating death of her two children, who were aged 10 and five.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

So last week the parents of a fella murdered by terrorists. This week the mother of...

No, not for me, that segment. Don't think I could stomach it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭ruskin

Majella O'Donnell on again? I for one am really looking forward to her fourteenth telling of how she met Daniel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭For Reals

Apart from a Dunphy rant which might include a few pot shots at Tubbs, this is a very poor and sad show.
    Edmonds suffered from depression for many years.....that'll make Tubbs very happy. I doubt, like a good talk show host, he'll ask him about Saville, Travis and chums. Edmonds and Dave Lee Travis were pals in the heyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Tubs drops his cue cards and finds himself hopelessly floundering.
    Subsequent attempts to wing it prove disastrous...

"So, Noel ... whatever happened to The Late Late Breakfast Show? That was great gas, altogether. All those crazy stunts you used to get members of the public to do..."

And of course, his old sidekick Mike Smith recently passed away too.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭squonk

I think they should rename the Noel Edmonds slot "Ryan gets schooled" and turn it inot a piece where Noel gives Ryan some pointers on how to be a professional and entertaining host! Edmonds has had his ups and downs but he's always been a very likeable and entertaining presenter. Indeed, RTE even tried to shoehorn the late G Ryan into a Noel Edmonds type slot with the same types of wacky shows but, RTE being RTE, it failed miserably thus necessitating the next attempt to do the same thing the following year with some slightly different window dressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NormanNicetouch

ruskin wrote: »
    Majella O'Donnell on again? I for one am really looking forward to her fourteenth telling of how she met Daniel.

Give it another couple of weeks and 'Bloody Norah' Casey will probably be back on again. Desperate stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭golfball37

5 weeks into it and no Pat Shortt ! !

Am almost disappointed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

ruskin wrote: »

Is it only the fourteenth time :D?
    As I was reading the OP, I was thinking did Tubs not already have this exact interview with her...then I realised I happened to see her interviewed on Ireland AM recently.
    Sounds like it will be the exact same interview, (if one could call Tubs and his cue cards an interviewer).

Oh and Majella has a book out also :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

It shows how irrelevant the LLS has become when Eamon Dunphy is on the show tonight instead of Roy Keane :(

Back in the good old days when Gay Byrne and Pat Kenny were at the helm, Roy Keane would be have been on the show and not his former biographer.

Pat Kenny's radio show featured an interview with Roy Keane and Roddy Doyle, this morning. I think it's well worth listening to the podcast. Love him or hate, Roy Keane is a fascinating character. I've no interest in soccer but I'll definitely be reading his book. I also enjoyed Pat's interview with Roddy, he was an unusual choice for a sports biography but he explains why he took on the project and how not being a soccer expert was an advantage in some ways when he was writing the book with Roy.

http://www.newstalk.com/player/podcasts/The_Pat_Kenny_Show/The_Pat_Kenny_Show_Highlights/65812/0/keane_on_keane_roy_keane_speaks_with_pat_kenny

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

The lovely Neven :) will be on "cooking with Ryan"......

The lovely Neven.... :)

The lovely Neven.... :)

In case you didn't hear me the first time....

Do I see a bunneh in the OP!!.....I hope it's not rabbit stew Neven is making.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,690 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I hope DLB asks Edmonds about his "friendship" with some of the Deal Or No Deal contestants

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Sounds like a right barrel of laughs tonight. Can't wait (for whatever else is on).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Eamon Dunphy was interviewed on Sean O Rourke's show this morning, so his Late Late appearance tonight could be more of the same. I am doubting we will find out anything new tonight, would have been great if they had gotten Keano or Roddy on instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I hope DLB asks Edmonds about his "friendship" with some of the Deal Or No Deal contestants

Yeah I'm sure he will, what with Tubridy's reputation for being a brave, controversial and hard hitting interviewer...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭squonk

Ally Dick wrote: »

What's that now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Noel ****ing Edmonds? Is he still alive?

I hate the "Z-list celeb from British daytime TV" slot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Noel ****ing Edmonds? Is he still alive?

I hate the "Z-list celeb from British daytime TV" slot.

Noel is no Z-lister.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,377 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I can't believe that woman who lost her 2 sons is on to talk about it. Is Ireland a land full of rubber neckers who want to see this woman try to control her emotions to tell us about her 2 youngsters getting murdered by their dad? There's guaranteed to be tears as this will be so hard for her.

I wonder how they arrange to have this lady on? Do the researchers or whoever sit round a table and say "Jez, we must get that woman on whose 2 sons were murdered to chat about it"? If so, I find that slightly disturbing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

NIMAN wrote: »
    I can't believe that woman who lost her 2 sons is on to talk about it. Is Ireland a land full of rubber neckers who want to see this woman try to control her emotions to tell us about her 2 youngsters getting murdered by their dad? There's guaranteed to be tears as this will be so hard for her.

I wonder how they arrange to have this lady on? Do the researchers or whoever sit round a table and say "Jez, we must get that woman on whose 2 sons were murdered to chat about it"? If so, I find that slightly disturbing.

The LLS has consistently shown itself not to care about these issues and only seeks to increase ratings. And yet they still get about half a million viewers a week, so sadly, it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭CH3OH

the DLB wil say to the poor woman: "I understand how distressing this is..."

but I gonna try and make you cry

Think I'll give the show a miss tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

CH3OH wrote: »
    the DLB wil say to the poor woman: "I understand how distressing this is..."

but I gonna try and make you cry

Think I'll give the show a miss tonight

+100

And we all know he couldn't care less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Double child murder, depression, and cancer.

Give me your tears, Gypsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,690 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

squonk wrote: »
    What's that now?

There were questions asked when Noel was allegedly dropping by to the hotel where the contestants stay, to check in on some of the more attractive females. The producer said that it was none of his business. Noel was divorced and could do as he pleased

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

mikom wrote: »
    Double child murder, depression, and cancer.

You see most people assume the "Late Late" part of the title of the show is in reference to the time that the show is on, but it is actually in reference to the fact that the most of the discussion is around those who are recently departed..

NIMAN wrote: »

She was interviewed by Pat Kenny, I believe, earlier this week. I didn't hear her, but I understand, and can well believe that Pat Kenny did a very good, professional job.
    A truly terrible tragedy, and that poor woman has my deepest sympathy.
    I won't be watching that part of the LLS tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Tomk1

I only logged in as I thought the radio meant Eamon Dunphy was hosting it tonight, goddd I'm really missing nothing. Ariana Grande was on loose women the otherday, but RT has dead kids, took me a while to remember who Noel Edmonds was, prob ask him about that guest that got killed in his reality show back in the 80's just to ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭For Reals

Hey Late Late Show, here's a dig out....

Ideas for guests, just this week like...
    McNulty, did Kenny put the word in, (yes)?
    Quinlan, the taxi driver/Irish water board chap.
    Hilary Quinlan said: “You tell me one party out there who doesn’t look after their own. I don’t see anything wrong with it. It’s politics.”
    Roy Keane or Alex Ferguson, or god forbid both.
    Somebody to talk about Timberlake putting in the Dublin high court case, maybe a rep from 'Heat' mag or the Timberlake barrister?
    There's a Ghostbusters 3 been confirmed, maybe someone who saw one and two ;)

Top Tip: Look at the Entertainment section in any mag or other TV show, even the one on RTE.ie....you won't see articles on people suffering from various ailments...just saying.

P.S.: Hire a lighting crew who can light a set. All those shadows make a miserable show worse.

• Advertisement

MrsD007 wrote: »
    It shows how irrelevant the LLS has become when Eamon Dunphy is on the show tonight instead of Roy Keane :(

Back in the good old days when Gay Byrne and Pat Kenny were at the helm, Roy Keane would be have been on the show and not his former biographer.

Pat Kenny's radio show featured an interview with Roy Keane and Roddy Doyle, this morning. I think it's well worth listening to the podcast. Love him or hate, Roy Keane is a fascinating character. I've no interest in soccer but I'll definitely be reading his book. I also enjoyed Pat's interview with Roddy, he was an unusual choice for a sports biography but he explains why he took on the project and how not being a soccer expert was an advantage in some ways when he was writing the book with Roy.

http://www.newstalk.com/player/podcasts/The_Pat_Kenny_Show/The_Pat_Kenny_Show_Highlights/65812/0/keane_on_keane_roy_keane_speaks_with_pat_kenny

Agreed Mrs D. Same here, I don't follow soccer but Roy Keane fascinates me, and always has. I will definitely be listening to that podcast, and plan to read the book.

Advertisement