Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland season 4 (RTE pace)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

After the excitement of the previous episodes I was really looking forward to seeing how Season 4 was going to be wrapped up but seeing the 5.1 rating on IMDB I wasn't expecting the best of ends. While the episode was definitely not what I expected, I still enjoyed it.

I enjoyed the scenes with Carries mother and it was interesting to see her explain why she left her father (not for the reason I expected) and the appearance of her half brother. I found the scene in park where she met her Fathers friend and the eulogy she delivered to be very moving. What I found really enjoyable and compelling were the scenes between Dar Adal and Saul, I really thought Saul was going to tell him where to go but in the end he seen the bigger picture. The idea to make a deal with Haqqani is reflective of what the States and the CIA do in the real world, suddenly there enemy is their friend as the alternatives are a lot worse. How will this affect Saul and Carries relationship? Her look at the end was one of disgust.

I'm not a fan of the Quinn/Carrie romance, does the show really need it? do the viewers need/want it? I don't think so. I expected to hook up with the apartment manager but she was nowhere to be seen. There is hardly going to be a Syrian element to next season? I will miss Lockhart next season, he has really grown in to a great character from someone I initially hated.

A few things I would like to have seen explained were;

How Carrie and Quinn got home
    How did the Pakistanis explain what happened
    What happened Dennis
    I would like to have seen payback or justice dished out to Tasneem.

One final thing, Frannie is perfectly cast, she is definitely Brodys daughter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Dunno if Lockhart is out of the show though (unless it's been announced!). It would seem that he still has to get his bit of revenge too so it would be a bit unresolved not to have him back in any form.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The show will probably always have some romantic component between two close characters. The apartment manager was there mostly so Quinn could sort out his head.

One of the amusing comments I saw over at the AV Club suggested a Quinn spin off. They should set up him in a bromance. :pac:

Advertisement