Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland season 4 (RTE pace)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Lockhart gets the best lines. This week it's 'back the **** off!* :D

Heavy on casualties. Those 10 minutes gotta burn. Lockhart's usually a fairly assured guy, though not without some fire in his belly. Think his move was inevitable. *He also had a line later on 'will this ever ****ing end?' and you'd have to think that's a broader statement about this conflict.

ISI handler continues to be a wagon. It's a little difficult for me to take Haqqani seriously due to his facial hair. :P

Fara :( And that belt scene, damn. You knew he wouldn't go through it with it, most would cry cop out. Credit due as I've grown to like the ambassador more over the last while. Solo intel op for Quinn, let's see where that goes.

As for Saul's glasses, iirc, they had a role in season 2 I think it was - they were broken and a prisoner he interviewed took his/her own life. Wasn't there some suggestion there it wasn't a straightforward death?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Wow, homeland is back to its best. I had 4 episodes to watch and was thinking it'd drag in, goes to show how wrong I was. I was so glad to have so many to watch in a row. Gripping stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Sooo no episode this week??

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Diego Tristan

den87 wrote: »
    Sooo no episode this week??

Yes there was. Was on at 9 this evening. Anyone any theories on the ending?!

Remind me, who was the guy with your man's uncle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Tigger99 wrote: »
    Remind me, who was the guy with your man's uncle?

He's the black ops guy from previous seasons, no? The one who Quinn was reporting to?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Diego Tristan

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    He's the black ops guy from previous seasons, no? The one who Quinn was reporting to?

Ya, that's him. Dar Adal. Didn't recognise him until the continuity announcer mentioned his name during the credits!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Mrs Fox wrote: »

Did him and quinn have a fall out previously?
    I think he (dar adal??) could be involved in something that's being lead from CIA HQ that lockhart/carrie have nothing to do with. Carrie was holding back from lockhart in their phonecall but I think they're both out in the cold with this.

My question is, how does the Pakistan official that has been meeting with carrie know Dar Adal?

Ah ok. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Another brilliant (if a bit far fetched at times) episode. The way they showed the clip of Dar Adal at the start talking about how it was sentimental to think people come before a mission. Then we have the scene at the end where you're wondering was that a clue, could Quinn blow up Carrie along with Haqqani? Followed swiftly by Carrie coming to her senses finally and seeing the opportunity to take Haqqani out, I thought it was brilliant.
    A few things didn't add up alright, such as Quinn walking outside the compound with only a baseball cap for cover, or the superbly quick organisation of a march outside the compound with placards already printed out. But I was enjoying the build up of tension too much to worry about nit picking.
    As mighty magpie says tho there is one question from the last scene (it's not a spoiler as this is stuff already aired).
    How did Khan know about Dar Adal being in the car? Also, where Khan mentioned that it was not an attack on the US Embassy but rather a coup, what exactly did he mean? Could it be that all along they (Haqqani) had Dar Adal on their side and are now about to have him installed as the Director of the CIA, replacing Lockhart? But if that is the case why would Khan have stopped Carrie from killing Haqqani? It must be more that there are negotiations ongoing between Dar Adal (representing the US president) and Haqqani for a truce, because they no longer trust Lockhart to do his job. That's the only sense I can make out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Yes there was. Was on at 9 this evening. Anyone any theories on the ending?!

Nooooo. Missed it :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cremeegg

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Another brilliant (if a bit far fetched at times) episode. The way they showed the clip of Dar Adal at the start talking about how it was sentimental to think people come before a mission. Then we have the scene at the end where you're wondering was that a clue, could Quinn blow up Carrie along with Haqqani? Followed swiftly by Carrie coming to her senses finally and seeing the opportunity to take Haqqani out, I thought it was brilliant.
    A few things didn't add up alright, such as Quinn walking outside the compound with only a baseball cap for cover, or the superbly quick organisation of a march outside the compound with placards already printed out. But I was enjoying the build up of tension too much to worry about nit picking.
    As mighty magpie says tho there is one question from the last scene (it's not a spoiler as this is stuff already aired).
    How did Khan know about Dar Adal being in the car? Also, where Khan mentioned that it was not an attack on the US Embassy but rather a coup, what exactly did he mean? Could it be that all along they (Haqqani) had Dar Adal on their side and are now about to have him installed as the Director of the CIA, replacing Lockhart? But if that is the case why would Khan have stopped Carrie from killing Haqqani? It must be more that there are negotiations ongoing between Dar Adal (representing the US president) and Haqqani for a truce, because they no longer trust Lockhart to do his job. That's the only sense I can make out of it.

this season has more plot twists then a back road home from the local pub (sorry only analogy i could think off).. very twisty plot this season...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Quality level of thought and analysis right there! You're blowing my mind, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

Excellent post. I think whatever is going on the Pakistani government are in on it/involved (possibly Khan being stitched up in the process or moved on like Lockhart). Is next week last episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

The top boys in Washington know he is over there and Carrie & Lockhart were kept in the dark. What does that mean?

Its not another kidnap. Negotiations? Double agent?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Aimeee wrote: »
    Is next week last episode?

It is indeed - I cannot wait! Haven't enjoyed a tv show as much since Breaking Bad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

This one was directed by Clark Johnson - he's got plenty of experience. Good, if one of those episodes where you simply nod along re any credibility aspects. Be grand. Thanks, James Rebhorn (actor who played Carrie's father) for your work on this show.
    Quinn's moves are very much out of the school of Jack Bauer. That includes injuring a colleague, always avoiding the arteries! Going to the medical student was a solid one, though I would have liked to see him work more to justify it to her.

For a second there I thought Quinn's German girl was going to deck Carrie, even on their first meeting. The Pakistanis also use the term 'mop up', huh?

Dar Adal showing up was a rather wtf moment. Am looking forward to seeing him again. The bit prior to that was of course a complete retread of the Saul and the drone scenario.

You and your Volkswagen. :D Show's still got it. :pac:

4.12 - Low key episode. Written by Meredith Stiehm's usually a good sign. Glad the James Rebhorn tribute continued.

Full pint of Saul this week. Alternate episode title should be Being a Parent. Absence, loss and rejection burn right through it. Like the Carrie/Quinn thing, it's been brewing for a while. Saying that, I thought Saul's '**** this' early on about sums up the episode, really.
    I feckin' knew Adal had the tape.

Two torpedoes in the side, talking on water.

Was homeland on network 2 this evening? Thought I saw the savage eye on instead?

Yeah, it was on 9-10pm. Would imagine it'll be on the player tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Oh actually it taped ok. Thanks black oil :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

4.12 - Low key episode. Written by Meredith Stiehm's usually a good sign. Glad the James Rebhorn tribute continued.

Full pint of Saul this week. Alternate episode title should be Being a Parent. Absence, loss and rejection burn right through it. Like the Carrie/Quinn thing, it's been brewing for a while. Saying that, I thought Saul's '**** this' early on about sums up the episode, really.
    I feckin' knew Adal had the tape.

Two torpedoes in the side, talking on water.
    I thought it was a very poor episode, particularly for the season finale. The whole thing about Carrie's mother seemed like a bit of a red herring. The issue had never come up before, and then here it is, suddenly a big issue between her and the sister.

And the Saul thing right at the end just seemed like they were looking for 'a twist' - but didn't make much sense to me. It would have been all right for a mid-season episode, but I was expecting a lot more from the finale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

RainyDay wrote: »
    I thought it was a very poor episode, particularly for the season finale. The whole thing about Carrie's mother seemed like a bit of a red herring. The issue had never come up before, and then here it is, suddenly a big issue between her and the sister.

And the Saul thing right at the end just seemed like they were looking for 'a twist' - but didn't make much sense to me. It would have been all right for a mid-season episode, but I was expecting a lot more from the finale.

Well itll set up the next season perfectly rather than a shootout clifhanger.

Season 5 . Carrie abandoned by her state family turns to playing happy families with her mom/step brother/sister daughter.

But ... she has one last score to settle when the past comes knocking on her door...

Bit formulaic really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

RainyDay wrote: »
    The issue had never come up before, and then here it is, suddenly a big issue between her and the sister.

Speaking of her sister, didn't she have two kids?! There was one shot at the funeral which might have been one of them, but they've been absent all season

That was a finale episode? It wasn't great at all. No wonder it only got a 5.1 on imdb.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Redmen Rafalution

I thought it was a terrible episode. I don't know where they go from here. It really is an unusual mix of awful television combined with some compelling scenes. The quality within and between episodes varies wildly imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

People wondered where it would go after season 3 and it's been fantastic since.

Nothing wrong with the finale, plenty of scope for next season with the CIA getting who they think will be the next prime minister into their pocket despite him previously being on their kill list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Well they dropped the ball somewhat with the daft 'Carrie and Quinn outside Haqqani's place in Islamabad' scene at the end of the previous episode and then decided to go for a fairly strange change-of-pace-to-a-soap-opera approach with the last episode.

Really don't care about Carrie's mother and had been hoping for at least some action. Oh well, still a big improvement on Season 3.

Well they dropped the ball somewhat with the daft 'Carrie and Quinn outside Haqqani's place in Islamabad' scene at the end of the previous episode and then decided to go for a fairly strange change-of-pace-to-a-soap-opera approach with the last episode.

Really don't care about Carrie's mother and had been hoping for at least some action. Oh well, still a big improvement on Season 3.

Ya although I suppose like 24 (which is what this is turning out to be) they always needed the 'family in peril' to motivate the protagonist.

• Advertisement

ThisRegard wrote: »
    People wondered where it would go after season 3 and it's been fantastic since.

Nothing wrong with the finale, plenty of scope for next season with the CIA getting who they think will be the next prime minister into their pocket despite him previously being on their kill list.

Really though it's Haqquaini who has the CIA in his pocket which is kind of an about turn from the Iran move.

Advertisement