Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS Supporters attack Kurdish Protestors in Hamburg

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I don't think debunking is gonna have any effect. It be like trying to explain quantum physics to a 5 year old, they just wouldn't understand.

These ISIS nut jobs are a threat to everyone at the minute, they need to be put down, like the dogs that they are.

Oi, don't you be insulting dogs... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Egginacup wrote: »
    What....like Al-Qaeda? Like The Taliban? Like The Sunni Awakening? Like The Al-Quds Brigade? Like Boko Haram?

This ISIS crew are just another creation of the CIA trained in Georgia and Turkey, unleashed in Libya and are now running amok in Iraq and Syria.

Go wayoutta that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Gather them up, stick them into a Chinook, give them each a parachute & drop them off the rear ramp into their so called Islamic State.
    Dropping them in to the North Sea would be a better option.

Even acknowledging them by calling them ISIS or I.S. or a caliphate state etc gives them an idea of legitimacy. Stopping this is one step that should be taken, that and bombing the crap out of them. I'd happily see a return of napalm strikes if it was to be used on those extremist idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭purplepanda

Was asked by a Istanbul taxi driver were there many Turks in London, told him there was many & plenty of Kurds too. :D

He replied that under the Turkish constitution that there are only Turks, Greeks & Jews who are legally recognised & so Kurds don't exist :pac:

I think it's only Turkey & France who refused to sign the Euro treaty on regional minority rights, from what I read online a while back. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Was asked by a Istanbul taxi driver were there many Turks in London, told him there was many & plenty of Kurds too. :D

He replied that under the Turkish constitution that there are only Turks, Greeks & Jews who are legally recognised & so Kurds don't exist :pac:

I think it's only Turkey & France who refused to sign the Euro treaty on regional minority rights, from what I read online a while back. :eek:

What's a "Euro treaty"?

If you mean an EU treaty, how could Turkey sign it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭BlutendeRabe

Both states would believe strongly in cultural & social homogeneity. An example from France would be their stance on regional languages and dialects such as Breton - its French policy to actively discourage its use or promotion.

Turkey would associate concepts like minority rights & multiculturalism with the Ottoman Empire. Ataturk and his supporters would've viewed the former Empire as a bastion of corruption and decadence which led to its downfall and the subsequent ignominy of Allied occupation.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

It's interesting how these people (hopefully a minority of the Muslims in Germany) still hold their extreme beliefs and can support such ****e.

I wouldn't offend ordinary, decent muslims by calling ISIS muslim. Their warped ideology has nothing to do with Islam and everything to do with hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭DeadHand

I wouldn't offend ordinary, decent muslims by calling ISIS muslim. Their warped ideology has nothing to do with Islam and everything to do with hate.

It's also true that the vast majority of their victims have been Muslim and the overwhelming bulk of those on the ground resisting ISIS fiercely are themselves Muslims. ISIS is more imminent a threat to Muslim civilisation than it is to Western civilisation.

But to say ISIS has nothing to do with Islam is untrue and does no one any favours. They adhere to and propagate a narrow, murderous interpretation of Islam condemned by all right thinking Muslims everywhere. But it is an interpretation of Islam nonetheless. ISIS ideology has it's roots in Islam. To claim otherwise is wishful thinking, willful blindness.

The solution to ISIS when/if it comes will need to come from within the Muslim world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭purplepanda

DeadHand wrote: »
    What's a "Euro treaty"?

If you mean an EU treaty, how could Turkey sign it?

Council of Europe predates the EU http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=council+of+europe&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&gfe_rd=cr&ei=Ww84VOmPD9Oq8weP2IH4DA

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

Didn't you know?

Everything bad is America's fault.

Noob has brain cells.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,068 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Egginacup wrote: »
    What....like Al-Qaeda? Like The Taliban? Like The Sunni Awakening? Like The Al-Quds Brigade? Like Boko Haram?

This ISIS crew are just another creation of the CIA trained in Georgia and Turkey, unleashed in Libya and are now running amok in Iraq and Syria.

So they chop off a few heads and people have a meltdown and call for airstrikes all over the world. The Pentagon must love these ISIS (do they even call themselves that?) guys. A few beheadings accomplished what no amount of bogus warnings from John Kerry about Assad gassing his people or hare-brained colour-coded "terror" alerts.

So what is YOUR solution?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭Minjor

Theres no place for these sympathizers in civilized democracies. They should be deported back to the countries with the repressive lifestyle they are clearly fans of.

Advertisement