Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid things only you can

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭junior_apollo

GerB40 wrote: »
    I watch Only Fool's & Horses, especially the episode where uncle Albert mixes the coffee with the gravy for the Sunday roast..

Edit; Looks like Timberrrrrrrr got there first. A bit of advice Daveysil, if you're going to plagiarise use something that isn't well known.

To be fair... I'm sure it has happened to others too...
    My mother-in-law did manage to mix up the gravy jug and chocolate sauce jug she had made and poured the gravy all over the ice-cream she was about to serve to people... :rolleyes:
    Two people got a gravy-icecream mix... the brother-in-law didn't seem to care and ate both! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

To be fair... I'm sure it has happened to others too...
    My mother-in-law did manage to mix up the gravy jug and chocolate sauce jug she had made and poured the gravy all over the ice-cream she was about to serve to people... :rolleyes:
    Two people got a gravy-icecream mix... the brother-in-law didn't seem to care and ate both! :o

Ah yeah I meant no malice, just actin the bollix a bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Slipped on a jigsaw piece and broke my wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Was about to take a sip from a cup of tea when my mam called me. I turned my head towards her and poured the tea over my shoulder :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

GerB40 wrote: »
    I watch Only Fool's & Horses, especially the episode where uncle Albert mixes the coffee with the gravy for the Sunday roast..

Edit; Looks like Timberrrrrrrr got there first. A bit of advice Daveysil, if you're going to plagiarise use something that isn't well known.
    That was a stupid part of the episode anyway. While coffee may look like gravy granules, its very strong, disgusting smell would be noticed be fore you'd pour it over the food.

To summarise: coffee is smelly and disgusting. Coffee is over-rated. Only Fools And Horses is over-rated. (And it's probably smelly and disgusting too.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Put my dinner in the oven, set a timer, turned the cooker off at the switch and went and watched telly. I did it consciously too; 'I'd better turn off the cooker as I'm leaving the kitchen', just had a complete brainfart.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Bent over to pick something up & poured my coffee over my feet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I once got into the passenger side of a car, put my left hand on the roof, reached across myself with my right hand and closed the door, trapping my left hand between the door and roof.

Complete brain fart, no idea how it happened.

That was a stupid part of the episode anyway. While coffee may look like gravy granules, its very strong, disgusting smell would be noticed be fore you'd pour it over the food.

To summarise: coffee is smelly and disgusting. Coffee is over-rated. Only Fools And Horses is over-rated. (And it's probably smelly and disgusting too.)

It was a stupid part of the episode.
    Coffee is disgusting and overrated.
    But Only Fool's & Horses overrated?? You're a scumbag for even suggesting such blasphemy.

And I bet you're smelly and disgusting....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

When I was 7 I walked into a cigarette machine in a hotel at a family wedding.

The machine was on the wall (perfect head height for a small child) and I was running along the corridor when my mother called me. Turned my head back to see her, kept running, smack into the side of the machine.

Spent the next 4 hours in A&E.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mr Rubicon Conundrum

I made by brother a cup of gravy once, instead of coffee.

Got bowl, put porridge in, put in microwave for 3 mins - f**K me, biggest mistake ever....

Dont ever forget to put the milk in.

I've done too much of this kind of thing that would be sensible to confess to, including walking into lamposts, trying to walk through plate-glass windows, smacking my head off anything in range, confusing icing sugar with baking soda, closing the car door on my hand, dropping things on my feet and breaking toes, and throwing coffee in my own face when I got a fright. I've apologised to my own reflection when I've walked into mirrors in stores. I smacked my boss' wife in the head with a tennis racquet as we tried to shoo a little bat out my bedroom window. She hit me back though, so we're even.

I've also sprayed hairspray on my underarms and washed my hair (inadvertently) with dog shampoo. In my defence I was very young and it was called 'Woof 'n' Go'. Most recently, last week I put cortisone cream on my toothbrush instead of Colgate (the tubes are the same shade of red). I'm such a klutz my dad calls me Forrest Gump. :(

Years ago I had my voice mail message as "Hello.... HELLO..... wait there a sec I can't hear a thing" The amount of people I caught out with that was gas.

Anyway one night I was out clubbing, completely plastered trying to get off with this young one. She needed to use a phone so I was more than happy to oblige.
    Needless to say I lost her in my skuttered state, she still had my phone so I thought if I rang it I'd find both herself and the phone.

I rang and the "conversation" went as follows.

Hello
    Me} This is Ger, who is this?.
    HELLO
    Me} (louder) This is Ge
    Wait there a sec, I can't hear a thing.
    Me} Who the fúck is this? Why do you have my

It then dawned on me that I fell for my own voice mail trick and the lad I was arguing with was me...

Advertisement