Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw October 6th 2014

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Angron wrote: »
    Brie overcomes the odds so much, maybe she should be with Cena.

This makes no sense. After having her job to Stephanie at Summerslam [no ego from Stephanie I'm sure :rolleyes:] and now they want to book her as invincible? For what? Another match with Nikki that no one cares about? Or maybe another Stephanie match [and maybe win if Steph's ego can be curbed]?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Please DO NOT let there be a match between Brie & Nikki at Hell In A Cell. The live audience & audience watching & those watching on the WWE NETWORK would be bored to death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

leggo wrote: »
    You mean there's potentially going to be a lot of people at ringside to capture someone who decides to jump/happens to fall off?

The entire NXT roster

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Please DO NOT let there be a match between Brie & Nikki at Hell In A Cell. The live audience & audience watching & those watching on the WWE NETWORK would be bored to death.

Not going to happen for a laundry list of reasons:
    - Match quality
    - Devalues the gimmick
    - What are they going to do in the there?
    - I'd imagine it isn't how Vince wants Women presented.
    - The Bellas are part property of Bunim-Murray Productions the makers of Total Divas. They would have to sign off on it most likely.
    - The sheer image of Women fighting in a cage like that is a very evocative image that is neither PG or Corporate image sensitive.
    - With all the domestic violence stories seemingly from NBA players there's a huge sensitivity in the American media about violence towards females.
    - On foot of the NBA player drama at the NXT/WWE 2K15 press day at the WWE performance centre the media were forbidden from filming males training with females.

Going by the last two Raws WWE have really de-emphasised the Bellas feud too.

rovert wrote: »
    Not going to happen for a laundry list of reasons:
    - Match quality

Hell in a Cell matches have been declining in quality for years.

- Devalues the gimmick

Name a show Hell in a Cell and having bum Cell matches for little or no reason devalues the gimmick.
    - What are they going to do in the there?

You could ask the same for any number of wrestlers. Ever since they started calling a show after it the Cell has featured less and the matches have become normal matches without much special happening rather than fued-enders like cage matches used to be.
    - I'd imagine it isn't how Vince wants Women presented.

Vince McMahon, noted feminist?
    - The Bellas are part property of Bunim-Murray Productions the makers of Total Divas. They would have to sign off on it most likely.

Maybe.

- The sheer image of Women fighting in a cage like that is a very evocative image that is neither PG or Corporate image sensitive.

I'll give you that.

- With all the domestic violence stories seemingly from NBA players there's a huge sensitivity in the American media about violence towards females. [/QUOTE]

That is domestic violence perpetrated by men towards women.

• Advertisement

I stand by the list I gave. A Nikki vs Brie is another lower level of match quality wise another lower level perception wise. Normally the women's match is the piss break match. This is way different than I don't know some crap Smackdown title match from years ago. Violence against women is a hot button topic in America WWE is avoiding it is as much as possible.

Do you really see the Bellas whipping each other into the Cell wall?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,860 ✭✭✭✭CSF

rovert wrote: »
    Do you really see the Bellas whipping each other into the Cell wall?

Eh Nikki hates Brie, didn't you listen to what happened at her prom?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

CSF wrote: »
    Eh Nikki hates Brie, didn't you listen to what happened at her prom?

I just remember that it wasn't Snitsky's fault

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

I would like to see them face each other in the Cell if it was more like the attitude era and there was a proper battle between the 2 with weapons and blood etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,860 ✭✭✭✭CSF

montyrebel wrote: »
    I would like to see them face each other in the Cell if it was more like the attitude era and there was a proper battle between the 2 with weapons and blood etc
    But they can't wrestle...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Some pop for the rock and I only watched it today and hadnt heard he was showing up on Raw! Thats the great part of haven no Twitter or facebook!

I watched the the 'This week In WWE' recap on the Network and it succinctly covered the main points from Raw. It tends to cover segments in music video montage form but you still get the main points. Might just stick with this for a while rather bothering with the full Raw

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Ageyev wrote: »
    I watched the the 'This week In WWE' recap on the Network and it succinctly covered the main points from Raw. It tends to cover segments in music video montage form but you still get the main points. Might just stick with this for a while rather bothering with the full Raw

That's what I did for a couple years (around 08-09 I think) when I'd lost a fair bit of interest in wrestling but wanted to keep in the loop. Worked well but then, on the other hand, I kinda regret it now hearing the likes of Jericho talk about how that was his peak and various matches/feuds etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭DarByrne1980

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Some pop for the rock and I only watched it today and hadnt heard he was showing up on Raw! Thats the great part of haven no Twitter or facebook!

What's the opinion on the rock returning again? Was readin something on bleachers report that its difficult to understand the Rocks role as a parttime superstar. Much the same as Lesnar.

leggo wrote: »
    That's what I did for a couple years (around 08-09 I think) when I'd lost a fair bit of interest in wrestling but wanted to keep in the loop. Worked well but then, on the other hand, I kinda regret it now hearing the likes of Jericho talk about how that was his peak and various matches/feuds etc.

Raw and SD are up on the Network four weeks later so that I can catch up on any must-see matches :)
    What's the opinion on the rock returning again? Was readin something on bleachers report that its difficult to understand the Rocks role as a parttime superstar. Much the same as Lesnar.

He might at some point, maybe, depends on whether he's booked for a film. He was badly injured last time he wrestled Cena at Mania which cost Hercules a few million dollars as filming was delayed. The Rock is still money but WWE needs long-term Network subscribers now rather than PPV buys.

Critically, I didn't like Rock's two previous matches. The guy is juiced out of his mind and not in ring shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

the smart money is on wm32 in my book it's highly likely to be in dallas cowboys stadium and if the stage is kept modest enough they could fit 100,000 no problem , not sure if it would be big enough to headline without it being for something other than bragging rights , also when will the rick be done in the ring because I'm intrigued to think will he put an up and comer over and do the job as you should on your final contest but if it's HHH it could go either way but if it was say rollins or even reigns(how cool could that be) would he be willing to lose

Advertisement