Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw October 6th 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Wow, the people who said they were gonna go to sleep are gonna be maaaaad when they get spoiled on social media tomorrow morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭paconnors

18 mins left id say the main event is going to be useless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭paconnors

Do you notice when kane gets a cheap shot in it always a disqualification. stupid or what

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

It is strange to see The Rock appear on Raw outside WrestleMania time.

A lot of wrestlecrap on Raw this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

leggo wrote: »
    Wow, the people who said they were gonna go to sleep are gonna be maaaaad when they get spoiled on social media tomorrow morning...

You're making a huge assumption that people actually care about him these days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

yeah, you'll be lucky to hear from him again this side of the Rumble.
    it was nothing more than a desperation tactic to get viewers during the NFL half-time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

"Ugh, Rusev. I usually watch but I really couldn't be assed listening to another promo about Big Show. Let's fast forward......"

Ugh. Missed the pop :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

mxph3 wrote: »
    A lot of wrestlecrap on Raw this week.

3 hour Raws. We'll get longer matches, right? A huge tag division. Midcard feuds.

A lot done. More to do. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

:eek: Can't believe I missed that, damn my insistent need for sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Jesus I cant believe I went to sleep in the middle of Raw...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Fairly typical RAW. Good stuff, bad stuff.

The stuff that mattered and we'll remember was good.

Big rub for Rusev and anyone who thinks he'll be "dancing with Santino" is mistaken imo. He actually has talent unlike a lot of the other foreign heel types.

Plus he has Lana.

Should we petition Vince to rename the show Raw is Ambrose?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

yeah, you'll be lucky to hear from him again this side of the Rumble.
    it was nothing more than a desperation tactic to get viewers during the NFL half-time.

He wasn't advertised at all so that doesn't make much sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,861 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lads, if you didn't mark out like crazy for the Rock's music and Ambrose with the hot dog stand you've literally contracted that South Park **** complex.

Both those segments made up for hours worth of crap. The Wyatt segments are interesting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It looked like Lana was trying very hard not to corpse at certain points.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Watched it last night on Sky Sports, and I got so freaking excite when The Rock came out, my dad actually came as far as the sitting room to see what the fuss was, needless to say he himself was surprised when he saw The Rock.

GOOSEBUMPS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

"I'VE GOT GOOSEBUMPS!!" in Coles grating, shrill voice. "Moments like this are what monday night RAW is all about"

Noooope. Moments like THIS are what monday night raw is all about.

hornswoggle-gator.jpg

0.jpg

thebunnyadamrose.jpg

5halfx7sign031.jpg

mountain-dew-375x413-1411511442.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

leggo wrote: »

Holy **** I was in stupid training course all day so had jo chance to look at the phone and spoil it but when I got home I was watching and just paused it when the big surprise hit and I dropped the remote in shock , it's been awhile since raw shocked me but fair play to them well booked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Pleasantly surprised with how Ambrose is coming off. The green Kabuku slime and the mustard stuff is a bit silly but he's getting the upper hand on the heels in the way Reigns was a few months ago. That and him standing tall after laying Cena out makes him look good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Very interesting Raw, so much of it made me yawn and think "meh" but...

The Rock showed up unnanounced in a segment with Rusev (whom I like more than just as the Anti American guy)
    Ambrose continued to be great and had a mini Zamboni type moment with the hot dog cart, plus he planted Cena in the center of the ring with his finisher to end the show which was v nice

those two things for me were enjoyable enough for me to look past the Rose & Middle aged dancing women, another Bull/Swoggle match etc and actually find positives in things like Bo/Henry or the Wyatt vignettes and as a result dare I say this was a good Raw (I qualify that by saying.. considering I now expect constant recaps etc so by current standards it was good)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Skipping through the Rusev segment as usual so missed The Rock's music hit. Probably the longest I've watched a Rusev segment. So what's happening there? He seemed to just insult him and no sign of a match being set up.

Then we get Emma afterward, which is not bad. I know it was to annoy AJ but they do need to tone down her dancing a bit so she can get a few victories, though I know there's a reason. Still she got a decent reaction both when her music hit and when she was tagged in. AJ leaving her was like everyone leaving Bayley. Just not fair

Ambrose is the best thing on WWE at the moment.

Cena's slipping. He had to win by DQ in a 3 on 1 handicapped match while Brie is able to beat summer one handed.

Had to smile at how Rock made that girl's night by giving her a kiss. The look on her face showed it.

And going from Rock surprise appearance to announcing yet another Reality tv star for next week?

• Advertisement

So do we think Ambrose is adopting the DoubleArm DDT as a finisher?

Also quite liked the crowd singing along to Cenas theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

So, the $64,000 question is;

Will WWE put Ambrose over Cena and give us the match we all want to see.

Ambrose and Rollins having a great HIAC match is the making of two stars.

It'd be up there with one of the worst booking decisions WWE has ever made if Cena wins.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Skipping through the Rusev segment as usual so missed The Rock's music hit. Probably the longest I've watched a Rusev segment. So what's happening there? He seemed to just insult him and no sign of a match being set up.

Then we get Emma afterward, which is not bad. I know it was to annoy AJ but they do need to tone down her dancing a bit so she can get a few victories, though I know there's a reason. Still she got a decent reaction both when her music hit and when she was tagged in. AJ leaving her was like everyone leaving Bayley. Just not fair

Ambrose is the best thing on WWE at the moment.

Cena's slipping. He had to win by DQ in a 3 on 1 handicapped match while Brie is able to beat summer one handed.

Had to smile at how Rock made that girl's night by giving her a kiss. The look on her face showed it.

And going from Rock surprise appearance to announcing yet another Reality tv star for next week?
    Rusev >>>>> Emma

Moneymaker wrote: »

It'd be up there with one of the worst booking decisions WWE has ever made if Cena wins.

Cena ain't winning

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Triple threat? Or maybe due to Kane and Orton interfering it'll be 5 in the cell. Though unless Rollins' case is on the line I can't see an incentive for Kane and Orton.

But how likely is it for a Cena match to be on first and not see him for the rest of the night?

And I was disappointed when it wasn't Hodor with Kathie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

If WWE TV has taught us anything recently it's that it'll be a DQ of some sort.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Really enjoyed the six man tag match. Intensity, high flying, nice spots like the end. The appearance that the match mattered to all six guys made me care.

If Ambrose beats Cena, and then beats Rollins inside the Cell, they'll have created a new main event level star, someone capable of feuding with Brock, leaving Cena to seek his revenge vs Rollins and the Authority next PPV. They'd have someone capable of appealing to an adult audience and a teenage audience, and possibly a genuine draw.

However...I fully expect Cena to beat him and then steamroll Rollins too to "rehab" Cena. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

I expect outside interference in the Cell match whoever it involves but likely, Kane or Triple H breaking in to save Rollins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Ageyev wrote: »
    I expect outside interference in the Cell match whoever it involves but likely, Kane or Triple H breaking in to save Rollins.

You mean there's potentially going to be a lot of people at ringside to capture someone who decides to jump/happens to fall off?

Advertisement