Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the areas that would suit my family best to live?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 madwife

thanks for the replies my husband depending on what I am working 3 sometimes 4 days a week. what is bishopstown like? I was looking at ballincollig as I thought I would be close enough how long would it take me to take in rush hour traffic from ballincollig to cuh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭blindsider

madwife wrote: »

Blindstar would the traffic be very bad coming from rochestown for me to cuh?
    Yes - dreadful.

I assume id get there from the south ring road and also if we lived within walking distance of the hospital would my husband no get caught in rush hour traffic both ways going through the city? He wouldn't be going through town for the Airport Bus. Pk.

If he's heading up country, the route in my earlier post (via Shanakiel) is infinitely better than City centre - it's not perfect in rush hour, but but where is?

Many thanks for the replies

See above in red.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Laura Palmer

Bishopstown is nice. A standard suburb with plenty of amenities.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I live in rochestown and work in bishopstown. I find traffic worse in bishopstown to be honest. All areas are affected by traffic though.

Having said that. Cork traffic is grand compared to other places. Especially Dublin. Yes it gets heavy and there are delays at peak times. But not for very long in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

Just to let you know if you do end up in rochestown the educate together is a wonderful school. It is only in its second year though so there is just senior and junior infants there now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭chickenlittle

Hi again the Scoil Spioraid Naoimh i was talking about is in Bishopstown if this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

WHL wrote: »
    I think that you should be east of CUH. If you stay in Ballincollig you will be caught in traffic coming into the city every morning and leaving every evening. You say that you will be going to either UCC or CUH. Where will your husband be working when he is not going up the country. How many days a week/month will he be travelling outside of Cork?

I think I had recommended the very same advice earlier.

Living in Rochestown and trying to get to CUH is sheer madness, when you have a choice of where to live, plus you'll pay a premium for the privilege.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

Hi again the Scoil Spioraid Naoimh i was talking about is in Bishopstown if this helps.

If my son doesn't go to a private secondary school, I would have no problem at all in signing him up for SSN. In fact they are his two choices.

Advertisement