Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 920xt pre orders

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

+1 dependant on exact price for hrm bundle

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭mightyabhabelle

+1 also...

AKW... can you give me a price also for the HRM and I'll +1 it to

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

This is closing this Friday so anyone who has not confirmed one way or another a decision is needed as there are 1 or 2 looking for a waiting list. Those who replied, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

+1 with HRM Bundle !!

Thanks AKW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

I'm assuming I've totally missed he boat on this now that it's on general sale??

Apologies for digging up an old thread if I have, only just noticed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭mightyabhabelle

Hi AKW... did the watches arrive yet and whens the next order.. thanks M

There's a lot of gnashing of teeth at the moment.

To date, as of this morning's update, Garmin Europe have received no stock to distribute. It remains expected by the end of November for 1st week Dec to distribute but that is finger in the wind stuff from Garmin UK.

The watch contrary to perception is not on general release in Europe yet. Apparently a UK reseller has moved stock from the US to fill UK orders but no one knows if these are new stock or stock that was from the original batch of watches that were released and pulled.

Our pre-order deal is done and closed at the end of October, but I will happily look after anyone who didn't get in on it with a little boards.ie incentive. PM me if you are interested.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

How's the V800 working for you AKW? :pac:

How's the V800 working for you AKW? :pac:

Working a treat. Has me back swimming and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

AKW wrote: »
    Working a treat. Has me back swimming and all.

Sounds like this new watch is involved in witchcraft. :p

• Advertisement

Thanks to everyone who made this possible. Hope you all have received your watches by now, thank you all for your patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I knew I'd regret not signing up!!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Top tip... Triathlon England members get 25% discount on the garmin website, including the 920xt.

£20 for yearly membership and open to Irish residents.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

pgibbo wrote: »
    I knew I'd regret not signing up!!!! :pac:

i hear the later models are going to be crippled, so that only those that got in on the preorder will get the full functionality which guarantees 25% free speed.

pity you missed it..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Definitely beginning to see the attraction of wearables

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

mloc123 wrote: »
    Top tip... Triathlon England members get 25% discount on the garmin website, including the 920xt.

£20 for yearly membership and open to Irish residents.

Thats if Garmin will ever ship them. Haven't heard of anyone receiving there's direct from Garmin yet. Garmin keeping their distributors happy first

viperlogic wrote: »
    Thats if Garmin will ever ship them. Haven't heard of anyone receiving there's direct from Garmin yet. Garmin keeping their distributors happy first

Loads of people on tritalk with them shipped from Garmin UK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

mloc123 wrote: »
    Loads of people on tritalk with them shipped from Garmin UK

Ah very good. On the Garmin forums no one has, but then again you only hear the complaints, not the compliments.

viperlogic wrote: »
    Ah very good. On the Garmin forums no one has, but then again you only hear the complaints, not the compliments.

Hah, true.. Once I get mine for the start of January I do not mind. I will need to hide it from my wife anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bambaata

mossym wrote: »
    i hear the later models are going to be crippled, so that only those that got in on the preorder will get the full functionality which guarantees 25% free speed.

pity you missed it..:D

You'll need more than that to stand a chance :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

AKW wrote: »
    Thanks to everyone who made this possible. Hope you all have received your watches by now, thank you all for your patience.

Mine arrived yesterday evening, Thanks for your help and effort getting them for us. Now I guess I better route out the rest of the gear from under the stairs :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Statler

Thanks to AKW for organising this, got mine Thursday, very fast shipping and highly recommend AKW as a seller. First impressions are if I listed all the things that annoyed me about the 910xt they seem to be fixed in the 920. Small things like the lap screen doesn't just flash the lap time and no other info, it show lap time, lap number, and total time. Run metrics are interesting, if you're a number cruncher you'll love them.

The negatives are that being a Garmin unit it inevitably has issues, auto upload doesn't seem to work, it won't remember a wifi network, and it refuses to recognise my Stages powermeter. I've had several Garmin units on release at this stage so these issues just make me shrug my shoulders and think 'meh, update will fix that soon'. On the plus side it seems to handle call/text notifications much better than the Edge 1000 (which more or less doesn't handle them at all).

Haven't used it in the water yet, and haven't used the activity tracker function so can't comment on them. The only other thing I'd say is that appearance wise, the silver buttons on either side of the watch face look cheap and 'plasticky'. Probably just me but I think they cheapen the look of the unit, kind of reminds me of an old digital radio watch I got with Texaco fuel points as a kid (showing my age here but it was the height of high tech at the time!!).

Overall I'm very happy with it though, will be happier once they release a few updates, but that's Garmin for you...

Statler wrote: »
    Thanks to AKW for organising this, got mine Thursday, very fast shipping and highly recommend AKW as a seller. First impressions are if I listed all the things that annoyed me about the 910xt they seem to be fixed in the 920. Small things like the lap screen doesn't just flash the lap time and no other info, it show lap time, lap number, and total time. Run metrics are interesting, if you're a number cruncher you'll love them.

The negatives are that being a Garmin unit it inevitably has issues, auto upload doesn't seem to work, it won't remember a wifi network, and it refuses to recognise my Stages powermeter. I've had several Garmin units on release at this stage so these issues just make me shrug my shoulders and think 'meh, update will fix that soon'. On the plus side it seems to handle call/text notifications much better than the Edge 1000 (which more or less doesn't handle them at all).

Haven't used it in the water yet, and haven't used the activity tracker function so can't comment on them. The only other thing I'd say is that appearance wise, the silver buttons on either side of the watch face look cheap and 'plasticky'. Probably just me but I think they cheapen the look of the unit, kind of reminds me of an old digital radio watch I got with Texaco fuel points as a kid (showing my age here but it was the height of high tech at the time!!).

Overall I'm very happy with it though, will be happier once they release a few updates, but that's Garmin for you...

Flip side.

Zero issues with auto upload nor WiFi at all. Bluetooth working a charm.

Zero issues adding an SRM or a rebroadcasted Computrainer

Potential user error? What have you tried?

I had problems initially with Bluetooth notifications but that was due to Tasker intercepting and holding all intents.

Activity and sleep tracking very interesting.
    Likewise not swam. Very much looking forward to that.

tunney wrote: »
    Flip side.

Zero issues with auto upload nor WiFi at all. Bluetooth working a charm.

Zero issues adding an SRM or a rebroadcasted Computrainer

Potential user error? What have you tried?

I had problems initially with Bluetooth notifications but that was due to Tasker intercepting and holding all intents.

Activity and sleep tracking very interesting.
    Likewise not swam. Very much looking forward to that.

In all honesty I haven't tried much in the way of fixing any of the issues, as I said I've had enough release date models to just go 'feckin Garmin....'. Interesting to know you've no issues so might mess around with it later.

Statler wrote: »
    In all honesty I haven't tried much in the way of fixing any of the issues, as I said I've had enough release date models to just go 'feckin Garmin....'. Interesting to know you've no issues so might mess around with it later.

Know mossey has no issues too.

For home network I had to manually add it, wasnt shown on the list to select but once details entered manually it worked a charm.

tunney wrote: »
    Know mossey has no issues too.

For home network I had to manually add it, wasnt shown on the list to select but once details entered manually it worked a charm.

Thanks will try that later. 2 versus 1 no issues/issues points to something I'm doing rather than "feckin Garmin"....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

yup my auto upload works fine. wireless network was found automatically and has worked since i added it. if i run from home, and end the run at my gate, the run is uploaded by the time i get to the front door via wifi. swimming, it uploads as as soon as i walk back into the changing rooms, before i even get to my bag. hasn't missed an upload since i got it, over 20 activities.

i would agree on the buttons, but the functionality has been bang on for me

Advertisement