Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 920xt pre orders

Options
  • 01-10-2014 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭

I for one would be interested in pre-ordering a 920xt, could we gauge interest so we might convince *someone* to set up a boards pre-ordering?

I gather Garmin learned alot about warranty's from the 910xt and warranty's will I believe be territory limited - i.e. US units dealt with in US.

Anyone who is interested in a boards pre-order speak now!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Tibulus

Any RRP yet?

Dont see an option for the tri pack (with HRM & bike meter) on the US site.

Was looking at the option of ordering from the US, have a friend returning for Christmas so will be watching the warrenty issue closely.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Tibulus wrote: »
    Any RRP yet?

Dont see an option for the tri pack (with HRM & bike meter) on the US site.

Was looking at the option of ordering from the US, have a friend returning for Christmas so will be watching the warrenty issue closely.

€539 with run metrics HRM
    €499 without

Biker meter tri pack?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Email just in - no tri-bundle available or priced yet.

920 will work on all existing cadence and speed sensors though a new cadence sensor is listed at €79.99

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭ChristyM

tunney wrote: »
    €499 without

Ok these are correct. I was worried about conversions earlier but this is the listed RRP.

If you are interested in making a little saving just +1 this post and I will PM in blocks of 10 and set up a pre-order system once all details are confirmed.

First in best dressed :)

BTW I also will be discounting Polar a little over the coming weeks ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Please dont let Tunney order one, especially after the 62 910xt watches he broke.

Please dont let Tunney order one, especially after the 62 910xt watches he broke.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

AKW wrote: »
    Ok these are correct. I was worried about conversions earlier but this is the listed RRP.

If you are interested in making a little saving just +1 this post and I will PM in blocks of 10 and set up a pre-order system once all details are confirmed.

First in best dressed :)

BTW I also will be discounting Polar a little over the coming weeks ;)

+1. sounds like a facebook thing. but for the sake of a 920 i'll +1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

MOD NOTE: pre orders thread only. There is another thread for discussion. Please keep it all in the one place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Tentative +1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

The pressure is mounting..........:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Statler

+1, the HRM bundle.

Tibulus wrote: »

I've been categorically informed that Garmin will only handle warranty or returns through the originating retailler. Garmin UK (Ireland) will not touch a product bought outside that territory.

I wouldn't fancy my chances posting back and forth to the US the way customs are operating now.

Re pre-orders I'm working on a discount / rebate for anyone who pre-orders before launch. I'll let you know what works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Tibulus

+1

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

+1

I want in on this but not sure if Ill def have the funds.

+ 1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

+1 if I can find a buyer for my 910xt

Can you pair the 920 with any garmin hrm?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭speedyj

+1 (with run metrics HRM)

Time to upgrade my Garmin 405 :-)

+1 if I can find a buyer for my 910xt

Can you pair the 920 with any garmin hrm?

Yes the 920 will work with any HRM but you won't get the run metrics. It will still do footpodless cadence but it less accurate than off the chest strap
    speedyj wrote: »
    +1 (with run metrics HRM)

Time to upgrade my Garmin 405 :-)

Welcome back, perhaps time to renew the old rivalry :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Potential +1 here, while considering alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭speedyj

Welcome back, perhaps time to renew the old rivalry :)

I'll try :)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

+1 (pending discounted price)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭mightyabhabelle

€499 without

Biker meter tri pack?

Hi gents.. interested in this but I can get a preorder from a shop in Dublin 40 euro cheaper than this price as a preorder. When is the expected delivery date.. Thanks M

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Statler

Hi gents.. interested in this but I can get a preorder from a shop in Dublin 40 euro cheaper than this price as a preorder. When is the expected delivery date.. Thanks M

That's the RRP you're quoting....

Statler wrote: »

Hi statler. . I don't think so. Shop was doing 920 with HRM for 490 if you reordered but expected the price to rise after general release.

Any pricing here yet and availability date.

Thanks...

P's. . I just want one so I can tell the time.. class feature for a watch lol

Hi statler. . I don't think so. Shop was doing 920 with HRM for 490 if you reordered but expected the price to rise after general release.

Any pricing here yet and availability date.

Thanks...

P's. . I just want one so I can tell the time.. class feature for a watch lol

The initial block that expressed interest in the boards pre-order is gone. If you PM me details of that offer I will price a second block of 10 boards units if there is interest.

Availability from Garmin is advised first week of November but you want to make sure your retailer has confirmed orders as supply is always tight.

Statler wrote: »

REALLY worth checking the *actual* RRP rather than what some irish shops say is the RRP and "isn't their discount great". Actually no its a poxy four euro off RRP.

• Advertisement

AKW wrote: »
    The initial block that expressed interest in the boards pre-order is gone. If you PM me details of that offer I will price a second block of 10 boards units if there is interest.

Availability from Garmin is advised first week of November but you want to make sure your retailer has confirmed orders as supply is always tight.
    No probs AKW... I'll PM you...

@Tunney - yes I know the story... but I know the owner to.. and can only take his word for it.. for whats its worth I get most of my kit of AK and go back a long way with them... but just wanted them to be sure the pricing was right.... chat soon M

Advertisement