Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Series Ranking

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

an Event which costs 50 pp like Little Bo peep which saw 168 this year
    Take in 8,250 euro. cost of running the event could be no more the 2 - 3 take home 5,250.

Any idea of the costs of running events?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭niamh.foley

AKW wrote: »

could be in the ball park of 2 - 3k, at the cost of a club and i would take it TI would give some money outside of the 3k towards the running of an Event.
    if it costs any more i cant see the point in smaller clubs doing Races.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,790 ✭✭✭griffin100

AKW wrote: »

Perhaps you might enlighten us?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

griffin100 wrote: »
    Perhaps you might enlighten us?

I'm not an event organiser so have no idea. I asked the question, not offered an opinion, cos I thought the suggested cost of 2-3 was a per person price.

Niamh had since qualified her answer with a 'k' which makes more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

could be in the ball park of 2 - 3k, at the cost of a club and i would take it TI would give some money outside of the 3k towards the running of an Event.

You think Ti contributes to the running of races?

Did Alicia Silverstone star in the story of your life?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

tunney wrote: »
    Actually it does. You are all huff and no puff.

Volunteer, spend a few years contributing your time for free in the organisation (regional or national), and not as a power hungry TO. Then your demands for "creative posts" about problems might carry more weight. All you have said repeatedly is "well where is your better idea?" and "have you got a better idea?". Sign up, volunteer, come up with a better idea yourself and implement it. Time to give and not just take.

He has done RD a couple of times for a NS race. Think he's doing more than most of those 9000.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

If you've never been involved in running a race don't bother to guess at the costs involved as you've clearly no idea.

TI contribute referees and nothing else.

And clubs organise races predominantly for the sport and to show off their locale. Money is a secondary thought, for most.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

and not as a power hungry TO

I had a little LOL at this! I'll send you a PM later if I have time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

National Age group competition is finished in Ireland . The National Series is beyond a joke at this stage. TI had a chance to move forward but have instead moved further back for 98% of age groupers.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭niamh.foley

You think Ti contributes to the running of races?

Did Alicia Silverstone star in the story of your life?

WTF is with you and your sarcastic remarks ?

I have no idea if TI contributes to the running my guess is as good as any one else here, its an opinion

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

I have no idea if TI contributes to the running my guess is as good as any one else here, its an opinion

a lot here don't have to guess, they've been involved in races and know exactly what TI contribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Boardcore

National Age group competition is finished in Ireland . The National Series is beyond a joke at this stage. TI had a chance to move forward but have instead moved further back for 98% of age groupers.

TI have reduced the card to 4 races from next year, this might make it more accessible to the masses, certainly cheaper by a 5th. Five races can be a bit of a struggle, in terms of finances and arriving at the start line injury free.

The relay idea may inject some much needed fun back into the races.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

In what sense is National Age Group competition finished?
    In what sense are you coming at this from?

Do you measure your overall performance in the NS and grade yourself based on overall finishing position?
    Or measure yourself based on race performance in National Champs races?

I don't think your comment is fair, I'm not certain of your approach to this but the new system can in fact likely enable non Div 1 athletes to now compete for higher placings in other races.
    And I think the overall scoring remains the same for non Div 1 so no change there.

Ok so we now have a super series for the Junior/Elite/Top AG'er's.

There remains a large number of National Series events which now will likely become targets for non Div 1 athletes going for podiums and wins etc.

National Champs awards to date have always been almost a 1 for everyone in the audience situation.

As an athlete, I would value a podium finish above an AG placing.
    Or a top 5 at a big race above an 8th but 1st in Age Group.

What do you rank your performance against to have a negative view on the revised system, which simply seperates the Div 1 athletes to make their scoring and the overall scoring for those that matter (top placings) more fairer.

Does it really matter if someone comes 12th in the NS overall AG but would have been 10th if he had chosen to race the big scoring points races?

Advertisement