Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor 2014 (Spoiler Discussion)

Options
  • 29-09-2014 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭

I'm just posting this thread up so people have somewhere to discuss spoilers they read/hear about.

I'm going to unfollow this until the live shows start cos don't want to ruin it for myself :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Love a bit of spoilers! ;)

Only bit of info I've heard is that the manufactured boy band are through. Anyone know the others?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,662 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

For wildcards - the other judges chooses e.g. Lulu, Mel and Cheryl choose Simon's wildcard etc.,

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Rumour has it that a fifth judge will be announced this week who will mentor the wildcards in the live shows... Dunno how much truth there is to it, but I've seen it mentioned in a couple of articles...

Anyone have any info on who the Wildcards will be? Haven't been able to find any info...

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Haven't been able to find anything at all which is surprising! Maybe later in the week there'll be leaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Buttercup78

So eagle eyes on the star factor last night spotted a spoiler concerning the wild cards
    the 3 girls were rehearsing and Lola walked by the sitting rooms glass door

• Advertisement

Overload is the wildcard for the groups. They were papped at the house, well one of them was. The boy looks like it's jack. Thats about all I can get from the photos.

http://tellymix.co.uk/gallery/199417-pictures-x-factor-2014-wild-cards-move-in-to-house.html

So eagle eyes on the star factor last night spotted a spoiler concerning the wild cards
    the 3 girls were rehearsing and Lola walked by the sitting rooms glass door

Bleh. Think she's so overrated!

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Overload is the wildcard for the groups. They were papped at the house, well one of them was. The boy looks like it's jack. Thats about all I can get from the photos.

http://tellymix.co.uk/gallery/199417-pictures-x-factor-2014-wild-cards-move-in-to-house.html

That's not a good move...or maybe a tactical move on whichever judge picked them?? Having two boy groups is just going to split the votes.

That's not a good move...or maybe a tactical move on whichever judge picked them?? Having two boy groups is just going to split the votes.

Especially a group that would be targeting the same age range, unlike Concept. Although, I can't see Overload hanging on too long. The new boy band seem to have a larger following.

Theme for week 1 is number 1 hits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

So some of the wildcards got to skip judges houses altogether and jump straight to live shows? Height of fairness as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I read that the overs wildcard is Stevie, the girls is Lola, the boys is Jack (from judges houses) and Overload for the groups.

Complete waste of wildcards imo. Jack is as dull as dishwater, Stevie doesn't deserve a place on the live shows, Janet Grogan should be in his place and Lola, while she has a good voice, crumbles under pressure which wouldn't pose well for the lives. Groups are boring in general this year.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I agree with all of those assessments of the wildcards.

Lola has more and less been confirmed, the rest who knows.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

As long as it's not Rain for the overs I don't really mind tbh.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Necrominus wrote: »
    As long as it's not Rain for the overs I don't really mind tbh.

Agreed. I thought with Louis picking for Simon he would have picked Janet what with her being Irish. Shows how serious Louis is taking it by picking another joke act to go through to the live shows if the Stevi rumours are true.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I don't see the appeal of Lola at all. The tears would do my head in.

Hope she brings decent shoes along to the live shows...

Really uninspired choices for wildcards if these are true. Would have liked Raign for the drama tbh.

I really like Jack's voice. If he is one of the wild cards he will be one of my favourites in the show.

Right so. Confirmed wildcards so far are Overload, Lola and Jack. All failed to hide their faces when they left the house yesterday and today. The overs isn't confirmed but the daily star is saying that it is in fact Stevi.

Also, there seems to be a change for who chose for who. Louis picked Lola for Cheryl. Cheryl picked Stevi for Simon. Simon picked Jack for Mel and finally, Mel chose Overload for Louis.

The producers picked each one for each judge ;)

Wish some from bootcamp had gotten through. Janet/Raign for the overs, and they've really messed up on the girls front. Should have put Monica in there, or else the really cute girl with the very short hair who Cheryl didn't put through cos she lacked confidence, whereas Lola completely messed up that round and has shown her lack of confidence the whole way through with her constant crying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Delighted Lola is through (if true) - not getting the criticisms of her at all. I think she has a really good, strong, rich voice and she was no more nervous than any of them at judges houses. I reckon most of them cried being interviewed at some stage, she wasn't the only one! I hope she does really well in the competition. Yeah, she had one bad audition - big deal. Doesn't make her a complete write off.

I had heard rumours that Overload got the wildcard alright and find it a bit puzzling. Why include two boybands (especially when unamed BB are quite clearly Simon's pet project)? They maybe should have gone with the girl group instead or the group with the black guys in it. The category is just so samey and blah.

Jack - meh. I preferred Charlie Brown.

Stevi should be good for a laugh anyway. There would have been no point sticking another belter in there really, as the overs already have two really strong voices in there....and Jay James. It's always nice to have a Wagner/Jedward/Rylan novelty act to look forward to every year.
    Although Raign would have been my personal pick. Didn't particularly like her, but it would have been fun to see Cheryl sucking lemons each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,662 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I really like Jack's voice. If he is one of the wild cards he will be one of my favourites in the show.

Jack reminds me of the Irish guy from Fair City Ryan O'Shaughnessy from BGT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Kind of lousy on the other groups at Louis' Judges Houses.
    All three other wildcards came from the Judges Houses round.....

MelanieC wrote: »
    Kind of lousy on the other groups at Louis' Judges Houses.
    All three other wildcards came from the Judges Houses round.....

Seems like that was the only reason why producers made that decision. I would be pretty pissed off if I was in Concept. Those lads seemed to be a tighter, more talented group than Overload. Producers are probably loving all of this though. They managed to make great tv with the singoff/overload exit but with the added accomplishment of having them in the show to shore up the younger audience. Not to mention the free app voting, which I would imagine is there to also keep the younger audience engaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I cant stand Stevi he reminds me of a hamster.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭xavier8228

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152410395348302&id=79294403301

Put up on the facebook page, 4 songs that 4 acts will be singing

Toxic and Earth Song? Oh god, horrendous choices for those two.

I don't even know Fleur's song. EDIT: Just looked it up. That was a number 1?? Kill it with fire!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭xavier8228

I don't even know Fleur's song. EDIT: Just looked it up. That was a number 1?? Kill it with fire!

I actually love that song but it's a fat person song and she is not fat! It's gonna make me so mad when she sings it! I'll be yelling at the telly "you're not fat!!!" ðŸ˜႒

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Seems like that was the only reason why producers made that decision. I would be pretty pissed off if I was in Concept. Those lads seemed to be a tighter, more talented group than Overload. Producers are probably loving all of this though. They managed to make great tv with the singoff/overload exit but with the added accomplishment of having them in the show to shore up the younger audience. Not to mention the free app voting, which I would imagine is there to also keep the younger audience engaged.

"Remember, no dissent towards the producers' actions is tolerated at any time. Anyone in breach of this rule will be permanently detained. Syco kids, don't forget, October is bonus recruitment month. Earn a double bonus for reporting a family member."

[IMG]http://quietus_production.s3.amazonaws.com/images/articles/7259/runningman-still_1319804443_crop_550x333.jpg[/IMG]

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o;);)

• Advertisement

^^^

wat

Advertisement